Holmes Visits Orphans - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2005
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Holmes Visits Orphans
Quote:
Actress KATIE HOLMES has taken time out of watching her fiance TOM CRUISE film MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3 to visit orphans in Italy.

The 26-year-old actress paid a visit to orphaned youngsters at Rome's Casa Famiglia on 18 July (05) - and made many pint-sized pals along the way.

An onlooker says, "Almost immediately, Katie kicked off her shoes to play with them. She pushed them on the swings and played with them on the tricycles."

Holmes, who was handed roses by my many of the children she visited, admits Cruise inspired her to make the trip.

She says, "I love children and heard about the orphanage in Rome and wanted to meet the children."
Source: www.contactmusic.com

21-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
has taken time out of watching her fiance TOM CRUISE film MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3
get a life. make your own movie, don't just sit around watching his.

21-07-2005
fashion elite

^ Couldnt have said it better.

21-07-2005
i'm almost ready..

^^thats slightly uncalled for IMO....

while i am as creeped out by this "tomkat" thing as the next person....
i certainly dont think we should be so quick to judge and criticize, especially for things that are completely unrelated..... what's so disastrous about watching your significant other make a film?....

instead of it being supportive....
or seen as some time off for a young woman who is otherwise a very hard worker....
its suddenly viewed as her being some kind of stupid, co-dependent, incapable little girl....

i'm not even a fan of katie's.....
but she has made her own movies...
and IMO is perfectly entitled to sitting around watching tom make his own....

no offence....
just my opinion, of course

21-07-2005
V.I.P.

Have any of them converted to scientology yet following the visit?

21-07-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan38
Have any of them converted to scientology yet following the visit?

I'm sorry but that was funny!

Anywho, I think she's doing a great thing. Good for her.

21-07-2005
V.I.P.

Jesus, what a press whore! Cashing in on the whole Angelina-goodwill image, hmm? And, please, the ORPHANS gave her roses?!!

22-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorefaith
^^thats slightly uncalled for IMO....

while i am as creeped out by this "tomkat" thing as the next person....
i certainly dont think we should be so quick to judge and criticize, especially for things that are completely unrelated..... what's so disastrous about watching your significant other make a film?....

instead of it being supportive....
or seen as some time off for a young woman who is otherwise a very hard worker....
its suddenly viewed as her being some kind of stupid, co-dependent, incapable little girl....

i'm not even a fan of katie's.....
but she has made her own movies...
and IMO is perfectly entitled to sitting around watching tom make his own....

no offence....
just my opinion, of course

i agree, there is nothing wrong with supporting your man, if thats what you want.

23-07-2005
front row

So, before she met Tom she hadn't realized there were orphans in the world? But now that she's a big star she wants to give back.. And what better way to help orphans than to push them on a swing while you get your picture taken.

I am all for celebrities helping charities, and I think many do really care, and aren't doing it for the publicity, but it seems so weird when celebrities do nothing but 'help by getting the word out' like the world doesn't know that there are people all over the world struggling just to live day to day, maybe they should give back if they care sooo much, instead of just smiling for the pictures, and getting all the accolades.

OK, that sounded harsh, I don't dislike her, it just seems less than genuine.

23-07-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky star
So, before she met Tom she hadn't realized there were orphans in the world? But now that she's a big star she wants to give back.. And what better way to help orphans than to push them on a swing while you get your picture taken.

I am all for celebrities helping charities, and I think many do really care, and aren't doing it for the publicity, but it seems so weird when celebrities do nothing but 'help by getting the word out' like the world doesn't know that there are people all over the world struggling just to live day to day, maybe they should give back if they care sooo much, instead of just smiling for the pictures, and getting all the accolades.

OK, that sounded harsh, I don't dislike her, it just seems less than genuine.
I don't see what the big deal is. I don't like the girl either but you have to give her some credit.

Sure it looks like she's trying to get more publicity, but you have to look at the big picture here.

I mean, let's face it, if you knew you could make a difference just by word of mouth, than you would to. The only difference is, is she is also using her celebrity in realtionship to that. And IMO, there is nothing wrong with that. Whatever gets the public to realize that there are people out there who are in need.....

23-07-2005
i'm almost ready..

^thats it...
amen...

23-07-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I can't help but think this orphans deal is for publicity... I wouldn't have though that it was before the infamous Tomkat, but... I can't help but think that these two just want attention. I want to believe that they're really happy and all that, but I think my images and thoughts of them will forever be jaded.

24-07-2005
front row

i think the roses sealed the deal. Publicity stunt, but if it attracts positive attention to the orphanage, good thing. Total POINT of it though was to cash in on the princess Di/Angelina Jolie good will thing (as someone else mentioned).

After all scientology considers children as something that should be avoided as much as possible (according to second hand quotes from their book).

24-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:

After all scientology considers children as something that should be avoided as much as possible (according to second hand quotes from their book).
so does it say you shouldnt have children ??
cos with out them would scientology die out.

24-07-2005
my loves a pony.

Good for her

image.

And we liked to party
and we kept it live
and we had a three volume tome of contemporary slang
to keep a handle on all this jive.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
holmes, orphans, visits