How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-02-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

interesting..

20-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
US Weekly is reporting that Alex Pettyfer and Dianna Agron broke up... which matches this old blind item:

This UsWeekly's blurb of their split:
oh wow that fits totally.

tho, i never thought they're only for PR - she seemed pretty obsessed with him, hence her firing all the people from her camp and getting his too (and apparently he liked to "direct" her), i mean, if she agreed to do this, it must be her mgmt who's not with her anymore who arranged this and she fired them?

20-02-2011
V.I.P.

^that's what i find weird as well
...wonder who's going to be the new guy

20-02-2011
V.I.P.

I think it was real too, but it was well known that Alex was crazy controlling of Dianna. He made her fire her whole team and hire his people. Plus, that Hollywood Reporter story painted him as someone who has an unusually inflated ego for having done nothing of importance yet. The movie is flopping this weekend too, so that can't have helped.

20-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
US Weekly is reporting that Alex Pettyfer and Dianna Agron broke up... which matches this old blind item:

This UsWeekly's blurb of their split:
LOL, totally them. Oh well, even though she's cute and pretty, he can do better.

20-02-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

i see his name around sometimes and im always asking myself 'who is that? '

20-02-2011
V.I.P.

natural reaction considering this is his first movie coming out in a bigger release.
another lautner in making (which a small difference in a fact that lautner actually acted in big movies).

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

What I can't understand though is if they were a ''faux'' couple then why would she fire her people for his. They weren't really together so why. I just don't get it.

Also Alex has a really bad rep in the UK. He's known as an up-himself prick. His ego is insane and it's no wonder the US press picked up on it. ''Everyone'' loves a hot bad boy so I'm not surprised he's had offers from Hollywood.

Dianna is way better off without him.

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

maybe they started as a PR stunt, but "fell in love" in process? either way...

Quote:
Sources close to the ex-couple tell TMZ, "Glee" star Dianna Agron ended the relationship soon after the pictures were released a couple weeks ago ... in which Alex appears barely clothed with models Lydia Hearst and Leven Rambin.

Problem is -- Alex and Dianna started dating last August ... and he shot the pics over a year ago ... back when he was a single man. Dianna's rep wouldn't comment on the story.

community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt

21-02-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

so they are saying she broke up with him because of pictures he did when he was single before they started dating ?
that doesnt make sense..

21-02-2011
trendsetter

A break up never happens because of one thing. Those pictures were just a catalyst. Considering she probably doesnt want to be associated with someone who does pictures like that while she publicly regreted hers with GQ.

Maybe she woke up and realized he is a douchebag who looks 30.

21-02-2011
tfs star

Wow, that just adds to the argument the whole relationship was just for PR. They are trying to create buzz about the two leads so people will go.

Dreamworks/Disney were hoping that I Am Number Four would turn into a franchise. Instead, it's definitely not going to get the #1 spot (Unknown has that), is going to make less money than originally projected (they wanted $30M, it's supposed to make $22M), and right now it's battling for #2 with Gnomeo and Juliet (Deadline.com has it at #3).

Look at the timeline. Friday: Unknown unexpectedly gets #1, IANF falls to #2. Saturday: studios release the break-up report to media to get some buzz going. No one cares, IANF is still at #2. Sunday: a ~scandal~ is added to the original break-up story since no one was talking about it originally. IANF still at #2. Monday: currently it's at #3, but the order could change.

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

all great points.

but how does her firing her mgmt add up to the whole story about this being all for PR?

21-02-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
all great points.

but how does her firing her mgmt add up to the whole story about this being all for PR?
To be honest, that sounds more like the doings of Alex's management than Alex himself. His people sound very skilled. Not only did they land Alex a potential franchise in IANF, they also got him the lead role AND a producing role in Shunt. He has lead roles in the films Now and Beastly and is on the shortlist for the lead in the new Bryan Singer film. That's pretty incredible for someone who is only 20 and is virtually unproven, with no acting cred or commercial success. Additionally, Alex shares an agent with Taylor Lautner (19), who is making loads of money ($7.5 million for Stretch Armstrong) despite having very little talent and just scored another franchise (Incarceron).

Meanwhile, Dianna (24) has been acting for a while and her biggest roles are the fifth lead on Glee and a bunch of guest-starring roles. If Alex's management offered to represent her, why wouldn't she take the opportunity? Loyalty doesn't really exist in Hollywood and actors swap agencies all the time. And Alex's team appears to be more capable than hers.

I think the whole "Alex told Dianna to fire everyone!" was just a made-up rumor that caught on because of his terrible reputation. Seems more likely that his management saw potential in Dianna (she is blonde, pretty, and likable -- very 'safe' for Hollywood) and offered to represent her.

Also, it's easier to believe the rumor that bad, evil Alex influenced her than to believe that sweet, good-girl Dianna would ever turn her back on the people who helped her get her big break. Most people also never suspected that this was a PR relationship either because it just doesn't fit her image to do something like that and play the Hollywood game.

Last edited by Caroliiine; 21-02-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: quinn is fifth lead, not third as i originally wrote

21-02-2011
scenester

^thank you, plus what's more juicier saying someone changed management or that someone fired her management because of her controlling bf. Most of these blind items are always embelished half truths. Like you said, she was probably impressed by how great his team is and they were probably looking for the next it girl to add to their ranks - so it was a win win deal.

I do think the relationship started if fake but I could see her falling for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, blind, items, love