How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-02-2011
front row

I don't get the fuss with this Pettyfer dude, he's so average

22-02-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

i dont get his appeal either..

22-02-2011
V.I.P.

he's pretty and has a nice body, but he knows it and seems quite vain and arrogant and i constantly hear he's supposedly a major douche, so yeah, his not really my thing either

22-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
To be honest, that sounds more like the doings of Alex's management than Alex himself. His people sound very skilled. Not only did they land Alex a potential franchise in IANF, they also got him the lead role AND a producing role in Shunt. He has lead roles in the films Now and Beastly and is on the shortlist for the lead in the new Bryan Singer film. That's pretty incredible for someone who is only 20 and is virtually unproven, with no acting cred or commercial success. Additionally, Alex shares an agent with Taylor Lautner (19), who is making loads of money ($7.5 million for Stretch Armstrong) despite having very little talent and just scored another franchise (Incarceron).

Meanwhile, Dianna (24) has been acting for a while and her biggest roles are the fifth lead on Glee and a bunch of guest-starring roles. If Alex's management offered to represent her, why wouldn't she take the opportunity? Loyalty doesn't really exist in Hollywood and actors swap agencies all the time. And Alex's team appears to be more capable than hers.

I think the whole "Alex told Dianna to fire everyone!" was just a made-up rumor that caught on because of his terrible reputation. Seems more likely that his management saw potential in Dianna (she is blonde, pretty, and likable -- very 'safe' for Hollywood) and offered to represent her.

Also, it's easier to believe the rumor that bad, evil Alex influenced her than to believe that sweet, good-girl Dianna would ever turn her back on the people who helped her get her big break. Most people also never suspected that this was a PR relationship either because it just doesn't fit her image to do something like that and play the Hollywood game.
okay.
so lautner and him are actually sharing the agents. so that's why this sounds so familiar - from the paycheck issues to regular fake gfs.

you make great points, they all make better sense in the context of HW. it's true diana has issues with deciding which way to go when it comes to her image (and for that very sense i do feel much more that she could be additionally directed a bit, but just a bit). i don't think that people have hard time thinking she might not have faked it due to her good-sweet-image, but due to a fact that the same ones who arranged this are being fired in the midst of it. either way, as you said, there are no loyalities in HW, so...yeah. it fits good with the whole BI.

22-02-2011
V.I.P.

another twist in the story (this is kinda starting to go a bit mad - either it's her talking crap or him actually doing this), from Lainey (i know some members have issues with her articles, but atm don't have the time to sum everything from all the articles up, so here's a quick summing up from Lainey). kinda ironic how it's the same people who're making these statements for them, no?:

Quote:
Alex Pettyfer isn’t even really famous and already…

Story after story – wanky behavior, temper tantrums, love complications, and now… is Alex Pettyfer That Ex-Boyfriend?

Dude is all about the drama.

So we know that he walks with a big dick, thinks he’s the next Brad Pitt. Click here for a refresher. Demanding and arrogant, Pettyfer was supposedly difficult on the set of I Am Number Four, thinks he deserves Taylor Lautner-style paycheques before even contributing to a box office winner.

Then Dianna Agron, his girlfriend, fired her management and signed with his. I had already expressed concern about his control over her when that story broke – click here for details.

And now it’s over.

First came word that the two had broken up. Not long afterwards, a report was leaked via TMZ that Agron was insecure and jealous and ended it with Pettyfer over this photoshoot, which happened months ago, that had him making out with models – click here to see. This account appeared to be supported by the women in the pictures, one of whom is Lydia Hearst (who is dating Jeff Goldblum) and she pretty much told TMZ that Agron should just “get over it”.

Needless to say, not happy about being pictured as the simpering girlfriend who won’t let her boyfriend talk to other girls, Agron is now working her version of the truth through Us Weekly. The magazine is now reporting that Agron has moved out of the home she and Pettyfer shared and is living under an alias at a hotel because she’s afraid of him. Apparently he lost his sh-t when she left him and is now behaving like a “psycho loose cannon” and threatened her over the phone. His rep denies this.

Pettyfer also supposedly got into a scrap with Sebastian Stan (the actor who used to date Leighton Meester) at a club the other night because he thought Stan was dealing with Agron behind his back…

So…

Is she That Girl? Or is he That Guy?

No doubt, she’s kind of a weak *** but in combination with the inflated ego, the control over her career, and his youth – let’s not forget he’s just 20 – I’m inclined to believe that Pettyfer needs to chill the f-ck out. It’s too soon, it’s too much, and, really, it’s actually not even that much.

His film came in 2nd on its opening weekend at the box office, third if you count Monday. It’s not a total bust considering this is a brand new franchise with a book audience that was never given time to gestate, but it’s not the slam dunk he was hoping for, surely not. And now with this kind of a reputation floating around, suddenly we’ve gone from “promising” to “a gamble”. I saw I Am Number Four, thought it was hilarious, and Pettyfer, with terrible dialogue and not much to work with, certainly has some charisma. Without any wins to back that up however, in this game, it might not be enough to overcome the image problems that have suddenly dominated his resumé.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 22-02-2011 at 04:37 PM.

22-02-2011
tfs star

^ Yeah, I just saw that. Us Weekly also mentioned this:

Quote:
Since moving out of the L.A. home she and the I Am Number Four star shared about two weeks ago, Agron, 24, "is staying at a hotel under an alias" a source reveals in the new Us Weekly, out Wednesday.

Why the secrecy? Pettyfer, 20, has been "a psycho loose cannon" in the aftermath of the split, another insider says.
I don't think it's their management that are leaking these tidbits. I think it's the movie studio just trying to create some interest in the two leads so people will go see IANF (it finished at #3 over the weekend, sinking hopes for a franchise). It makes no sense for Alex's people to damage his reputation since he's the one with big projects coming out. But Beastly is distributed by CBS and Now by Fox so Dreamworks may not care if his rep suffers.

Also, they looked fine during promos/publicity, despite this split having occurred 2 weeks ago. Wasn't she just quoted (a few days ago) saying that he was hotter than Robert Pattinson? If he really went psycho on her after the split, they both hid it very well.

Last edited by Caroliiine; 22-02-2011 at 04:59 PM.

22-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
^ Yeah, I just saw that. Us Weekly also mentioned this:

I don't think it's their management that are leaking these tidbits. I think it's the movie studio just trying to create some interest in the two leads so people will go see IANF (it finished at #3 over the weekend, sinking hopes for a franchise). It makes no sense for Alex's people to damage his reputation since he's the one with big projects coming out. But Beastly is distributed by CBS and Now by Fox so Dreamworks may not care if his rep suffers.

Also, they looked fine during promos/publicity, despite this split having occurred 2 weeks ago. Wasn't she just quoted (a few days ago) saying that he was hotter than Robert Pattinson? If he really went psycho on her after the split, they both hid it very well.
i dunno, i think there's a big difference going from "OMG, he totally had sexy photoshoots" drama to "He's a psychotic violent douche" drama to be qualified only as studio stunt not having to do anything with either of their camps or these two for real.

on the other hand, as you said, they looked fine (then again, if this is true - most of the girls who are abused tend to hide it very well, esp under pressure which is easy to imagine going even stronger in the midst of releasing a movie from all sides - mgmt they share to studio), but somehow i'm not sure that a studio that's willing to pay this guy big bucks (and i think he signed onto some movies made by this studio again) would also tore his reputation this easily (tho hollywood reporter article showed this kid stepped on some serious toes which are able to get a huge backlash - starting from actually that very article being released in the eve of the release of this movie).

Last edited by dajrekshn; 22-02-2011 at 05:07 PM.

22-02-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

Quote:
thinks he deserves Taylor Lautner-style paycheques
Taylor Lautner doesnt even deserve those kind of paychques..

22-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourmefashion View Post
Taylor Lautner doesnt even deserve those kind of paychques..
yup, but even taylor seems like a friggin brad pitt next to this guy.

just kidding tho taylor at least acted in few movies which went for big bucks boxoffice wise. i don't get how anyone would give this guy anything and i mean anything for his future gigs having none of the present ones.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 22-02-2011 at 05:15 PM.

22-02-2011
V.I.P.

i wouldn't give taylor a single cent since he can't act for sh*t
and he hasn't proven anything boxoffice-wise yet either (nor have any of the other twilight actors), twilight is only successful because of the crazies

i think IAN4 was turned into a movie too quickly, it couldn't build a real fanbase yet. there's much more buzz about the movie-adaptation of the hunger games than there ever was about IAN4 and no one's even cast for that one yet

i doubt his team would put put these stories since they hurt his reputation, maybe the studio, but maybe this is simply a story by Us, it just so happens to fit perfectly timing-wise

22-02-2011
trendsetter

I'm hoping someone can help me out with something. I was reading one of the blinds on CDAN and the most popular guess was Gwyneth Paltrow but in the comments section, a couple of people mentioned Chris Martin cheating with someone called "Bosworth". Has anyone heard anything about this? It's been bugging me ever since.

23-02-2011
V.I.P.

there's a rumor that he cheated on Gwyneth with Kate Bosworth (the actress), but i can't remember where that originated. the only one i know who constantly claims this happened is Lainey and i don't believe her since she hates Kate and she likes to ridicule or blame girls she hates for everything, so i take that with a HUGE grain of salt

23-02-2011
front row

I don't think it's their management or the studios. I think Pettyfer is just such a complete douche nozzle that people are willing to cut him absolutely no slack. There are plenty of people in Hollywood (Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Sandra Bullock, &c -- and that's just from the past few pages of the thread) who have had BI rumors over the years, some popping up repeatedly and persistently, but people just shrug their shoulders and say, "Eh, whatever," and the tabs never ever ever touch the stories. That's probably a combination of the fact that they present themselves as nice people (so there's not much schadenfreude in seeing them suffer) and the fact that they have powerful friends (again, because they have some semblance of social skills and manage not to piss off everyone they know).

Hollywood rewards people it likes, even if they do stupid things. Drew Barrymore got a second (third? fourth?) chance after she cleaned up because she had friends who wanted her to succeed. Robert Downey, Jr. managed to pull his career out of the toilet because people were willing to hire him after he'd been to prison. Lindsay Lohan, on the other hand, will probably never get anywhere in Hollywood ever again because she squandered a lot of goodwill from people like Tina Fey, Meryl Streep, etc. and managed to piss everyone off.

Pettyfer does not have any sort of longstanding reputation to rely on and on top of that he truly does seem to have a talent for making people hate him. In a town where success depends almost entirely upon who you know, that strikes me as an exceptionally stupid career move to make right when you're starting out. I mean, even Mel Gibson managed to keep his dickery under wraps for a while.

You know, as much as I don't like Lainey... after reading that CDAN item on the first page of the thread and visiting Ted C's site, I have a newfound respect for her ability to use the English language to write a clear, unconfusing BI. Stringing five simple sentences together is apparently very difficult skill to master. [/bitchy]

23-02-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
there's a rumor that he cheated on Gwyneth with Kate Bosworth (the actress), but i can't remember where that originated. the only one i know who constantly claims this happened is Lainey and i don't believe her since she hates Kate and she likes to ridicule or blame girls she hates for everything, so i take that with a HUGE grain of salt
A magazine put the story on their cover - I think it might have been Star, but I'm not sure. Martin said he'd sue but never did. Also Bosworth has not been seen with Gwyneth or any of her friends (Stella Mccartney, Liv Tylver, Helena Christensen) after the story broke, which suggests it might actually have been true.

23-02-2011
V.I.P.

but those are the only reasons why Lainey thinks it might be true, i don't know, to me that's a far fetch

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, blind, items, love