How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-02-2011
tfs star

Hmm, strange, the link doesn't work anymore...

25-02-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Does this sound an awful lot like a couple of recent BIs??

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_...et_motive.html

doesnt work anymore..

25-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by before View Post
Hmm, strange, the link doesn't work anymore...
Yeah- somebody made some phone calls- must have been pretty close to the bone...This is what it says- but it was on there this morning, hardly old school...

Sorry, the page you requested is not available.

Sorry, the old-school E! Online page you're looking for is no longer available, but check out the all-new, redesigned E! Online. After all, this is Hollywood--everybody eventually needs a little nip and tuck.

25-02-2011
front row

Can someone summarize it for those of us who got here too late?

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel kind of bad for Tom Cruise, too. People who get sucked in by cults probably don't rate too high on the mental health meter, you know?

The rumors about the Tom-Nicole split back in the day were that Tom and Nicole were moving away from Scientology, primarily due to Nicole's influence. The Scieno higher-ups freaked out at the prospect of losing their most famous member and took Tom away for a "retreat." When he came back he was all, "Scientology, yay!" and proceeded to dump Nicole and get all crazy about Scientology.

It's always made sense to me, since the couch-jumping and other assorted crazy behavior didn't start until after he broke up with Nicole. I always wonder what would have happened if Nicole had won The Battle for Tom (dun-dun-dunnnn!).

25-02-2011
V.I.P.

^ The recent one is pretty much Nicole and Keith breaking up after the Oscars, but that she has been on a big PR campaign with the kids to deny it for now...sounded VERY much like a couple of recent BIs- even more so now that it disappeared from E!s website so fast...

25-02-2011
tfs star

I think the major rumor of the Tom/Nicole split was that she miscarried their baby (or someone else's because she was cheating).

25-02-2011
front row

Eek, sorry. I should have said, a couple years after the breakup.

But yeah, right during the breakup, it was that she was cheating with Ewan McGregor on the set of Moulin Rouge, which was amplified by Tom's "Nicole knows" schtick and the general belief at the time that they had adopted because Nicole couldn't get pregnant, so a miscarriage made sense and would explain why there was no baby if she had had an affair and gotten pregnant. You're right, it was everywhere. I think Ewan McGregor even refused to go on Letterman ever again because Dave implied he was having an affair on-air.

But if I'm not misremembering again, one of the scieno tell-alls that came out a short while later, before Tom went demonstrably crazy, said that the "Nicole knows" thing was about Scientology, not about an affair, and that Tom dumped Nicole right before the ten year mark because the Church leaders told him she was a suppressive. And then everyone was all, "Hmmmm, I guess it's possible." And then Tom went nuts, and it was like, "Oh, so I guess that is what really happened."

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't totally screw up the timeline this time.

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva View Post
The whole Scientology things creeps me out so bad.
me too. check out this article, it's a really good in-depth about their structure and content. i never took the whole thing too seriously, but lately, with all the Haggis stuff, eating a placenta is on a bottom of the list of creepy things they do.

Cheepmunk - i think your theory holds the water very nicely, but i think that the whole pregnant/abortion/affair thing might've been planted on her (which i think you're saying too? i'm not sure), just in case..you know...(seriously, i become so paranoid when it comes to scio-stuff lately ).

26-02-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
me too. check out this article, it's a really good in-depth about their structure and content. i never took the whole thing too seriously, but lately, with all the Haggis stuff, eating a placenta is on a bottom of the list of creepy things they do.
I've read through it once but I'm going to read it again because it seems like one of those articles that you need a couple of times in order to grasp what is being said but from what I've gathered from it so far
The different stages, the shock "treatment", isolating your friends and family, I mean goodness gracious me. I had no idea it started as far back as the 50's, here's clueless me thinking it's something recent.

Has anyone read the threads on Gossip Rocks Forum about Mr Moviestar and Mr Moviemaker? The person that was updating it stopped posting somewhat 3 years ago, I'm extremely sceptical about how true it was but do believe Moviestar and Moviemaker did/do have problems but just wanted an update about what's happening with both of them.

26-02-2011
front row

I really wasn't making any sense yesterday.

Yeah, that is what I meant. It didn't even really occur to me until recently, but it is awfully suspicious that there was such an explosion of "Nicole is a cheating whore!!" all over the place, and then a couple years later it came out that there was a struggle in the Scieno church that ended with Miscavige pressuring Tom to leave Nicole. Given what we know about their philosophy about framing/hurting people (anything goes if the person poses a threat to the Church), and the fact that they're ballsy enough to try to steal from the freaking government, I don't think it's a stretch to think that they had something to do with the rumors.

If you asked people today why the Cruises broke up, I'd bet the majority would say that it was because Tom's crazy exploded. Even with that, though, I think most people haven't actively made that connection in their heads that, hey, maybe Nicole wasn't really cheating on Tom, so that would mean that the Scientologists put those rumors out there. Those sorts of connections don't come naturally for a lot of people, which is why I think the Scienos keep getting away with it. Normal people don't behave like that and as a result, they have a hard time understanding why anyone else would. It's just so outlandish.

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheepmunk View Post
I really wasn't making any sense yesterday.

Yeah, that is what I meant. It didn't even really occur to me until recently, but it is awfully suspicious that there was such an explosion of "Nicole is a cheating whore!!" all over the place, and then a couple years later it came out that there was a struggle in the Scieno church that ended with Miscavige pressuring Tom to leave Nicole. Given what we know about their philosophy about framing/hurting people (anything goes if the person poses a threat to the Church), and the fact that they're ballsy enough to try to steal from the freaking government, I don't think it's a stretch to think that they had something to do with the rumors.

If you asked people today why the Cruises broke up, I'd bet the majority would say that it was because Tom's crazy exploded. Even with that, though, I think most people haven't actively made that connection in their heads that, hey, maybe Nicole wasn't really cheating on Tom, so that would mean that the Scientologists put those rumors out there. Those sorts of connections don't come naturally for a lot of people, which is why I think the Scienos keep getting away with it. Normal people don't behave like that and as a result, they have a hard time understanding why anyone else would. It's just so outlandish.

well, interestingly enough i actually very rarely find "Nicole cheated" argument when it comes to Cruises and the main "excuse" as you already said is "Tom's crazy, good that she ran away". but seriously, scio thing, people don't know much about it. i mean, i didn't have a clue about 90% of stuff written down in that article. on a creepy note, when scio threads appear on ONTD there's always a huge talk (pages and pages) and everytime someone from there who talks against it has follower request on Twitter from Tom Cruise himself in just few hours after posting a (bashing) reply.

btw, i don't remember if it was in this article or somewhere else, but you know who's like the only director not afraid of Tom? Chris Nolan. Tom wanted to be on Batman's set 24/7 cus of Katie (and even go with the input), but Nolan put his foot down (unlike Spielberg), hence Katie leaving the project after it and Maggie stepping in.

27-02-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post

... and everytime someone from there who talks against it has follower request on Twitter from Tom Cruise himself in just few hours after posting a (bashing) reply.

btw, i don't remember if it was in this article or somewhere else, but you know who's like the only director not afraid of Tom? Chris Nolan. Tom wanted to be on Batman's set 24/7 cus of Katie (and even go with the input), but Nolan put his foot down (unlike Spielberg), hence Katie leaving the project after it and Maggie stepping in.
how's that possible? doesn't everyone bash scientology (except members of course)?

I love that about Nolan. He's really really cool

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

Seems like Christopher Nolan is a man not to be f*cked with. Joseph Gordon-Levitt always refers to him as Mr. Nolan.

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatriz View Post
how's that possible? doesn't everyone bash scientology (except members of course)?

I love that about Nolan. He's really really cool
yup, they do, but some put in detailing/insiderish info/extra bashful reply and then they get a "prize" in a form of follower tom cruise.

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

^ And then have their motorcycles customized for free....

Disturbing- it will be interesting to see how so much of the 'different' behavior and lifestyle might change now that the gravy train has halted and there is so little money around for projects... Maybe these 'we can do any weird thing we want' people will be outcasts with the new economic reality in the entertainment industry...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, blind, items, love