How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-02-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
yup, they do, but some put in detailing/insiderish info/extra bashful reply and then they get a "prize" in a form of follower tom cruise.
That's SO creepy. It almost makes me want to try to go there, make some statements and see if it works

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
^ And then have their motorcycles customized for free....

Disturbing- it will be interesting to see how so much of the 'different' behavior and lifestyle might change now that the gravy train has halted and there is so little money around for projects... Maybe these 'we can do any weird thing we want' people will be outcasts with the new economic reality in the entertainment industry...
oh i'm thinking they're taking even that into their advantage - case of point - PT Anderson. you know what's the deal and how hard it is (also the scio thing being the subject of his movie obv doesn't help) when a friggin PT Anderson can find a finances to back up his project. thank god that there are more of millionaire kids who are actually into movie industry and are willing to help, so even PT Anderson's going to get his movie made (after 4 years of waiting, but heck better ever then never). btw, you do know how Renner was attached to this project? well, he dropped out after working with Cruise on MI4.

27-02-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
oh i'm thinking they're taking even that into their advantage - case of point - PT Anderson. you know what's the deal and how hard it is (also the scio thing being the subject of his movie obv doesn't help) when a friggin PT Anderson can find a finances to back up his project. thank god that there are more of millionaire kids who are actually into movie industry and are willing to help, so even PT Anderson's going to get his movie made (after 4 years of waiting, but heck better ever then never). btw, you do know how Renner was attached to this project? well, he dropped out after working with Cruise on MI4.
What's PT Anderson? And I thought Renner and Cruise are best buds...

Gotta admit, after reading the threads on GRF which was at 2 in the morning; I was **** scared to even leave my room to go to the bathroom.
And after reading that article from The NYT, I'm even more scared. I'm so surprised people are buying into this and believe that it's all true about volcanoes and stuff.

Kudos to Nicole for getting out when she did.

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva View Post
What's PT Anderson? And I thought Renner and Cruise are best buds...

Gotta admit, after reading the threads on GRF which was at 2 in the morning; I was **** scared to even leave my room to go to the bathroom.
And after reading that article from The NYT, I'm even more scared. I'm so surprised people are buying into this and believe that it's all true about volcanoes and stuff.

Kudos to Nicole for getting out when she did.
Paul Thomas Anderson - famous director (There will be blood, Magnolia etc.). Renner and Cruise are just now "best buds" (hence him leaving the scio-subjected movie PTA's making just now).

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

^ These people are all too strange for me....Think I'll get out my collection of Fred and Ginger movies...

27-02-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Paul Thomas Anderson - famous director (There will be blood, Magnolia etc.). Renner and Cruise are just now "best buds" (hence him leaving the scio-subjected movie PTA's making just now).
Ohhhh.

Does anyone else find it hard to hard to watch any of Cruise's films even those prior to him going all cuckoo? MI4 was on last night and I just couldn't watch it.

27-02-2011
trendsetter

I often wonder where Penelope Cruz fits into the whole Tom C saga. i mean if the Scientologiests pressured tom to dump nicole and labeled her suppressive(which I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was true) and then he started dating Penelope right after. but I've never heard of her being linked to the church and I can't imagine they'd have him date someone not properly integrated after Nicole.

wait, I do remember an interview where her dad said he was worried his daughter was getting into a cult at one time, so perhaps she was involved but less publicly than Katie has, and then got out.

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

^ The part I find difficult is how nice he seems when you see him on Leno or whatever...hard to believe he could be into such 'evil' stuff and be so charming in public...

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennika View Post
I often wonder where Penelope Cruz fits into the whole Tom C saga. i mean if the Scientologiests pressured tom to dump nicole and labeled her suppressive(which I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was true) and then he started dating Penelope right after. but I've never heard of her being linked to the church and I can't imagine they'd have him date someone not properly integrated after Nicole.

wait, I do remember an interview where her dad said he was worried his daughter was getting into a cult at one time, so perhaps she was involved but less publicly than Katie has, and then got out.
read my mind. not only have i not found any "theories" about it, but none, zip. could it be she was just a 2 year fixed ahead contract?

27-02-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
^ The part I find difficult is how nice he seems when you see him on Leno or whatever...hard to believe he could be into such 'evil' stuff and be so charming in public...
As was Jim Jones. As was Ted Bundy. As was Hitler.

Tommy boy is an attack dog for that cult. An anti-gay cult, to boot, which adds in a bit of hypocrisy.

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

^ Yes, most con men are very nice to be around... And the anti-gay thing is puzzling, isn't it? Not exactly an insignificant part of the entertainment community...

27-02-2011
backstage pass

For those who didn't get to read that Nicole article you can find it here.

It was probably taken down because it comes close to outing her as one of Ted's blinds, Cruella St. Shackles, which she's the top guess for. You can read the saga of that BI in the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth installments of the blind (the first one's mainly about Keith).

As far as Nicole and the kids, Ted's also hinted in his e-mail answers that the reason Isabella and Connor are more with Tom is because they prefer him. As crazy as he is, I guess it's better than "Mommie Dearest", which is how he's referred to Cruella, and now to Nicole, in that article.

And no one's brought up the fact that Tom is gay. He has contracts with the women he marries so he can appear straight for his fans and still be accepted as the leading man and his "wife" can get a major fame boost. It worked wonders for Nicole, Penelope (though she got out in time), and now Katie (though she's not taking advantage of the career possibilities as much). When the contract's up and/or the women feel they can no longer handle the crazy (or squeeze any more fame out of the situation), they leave.

I think that has more to do with the Nicole/Tom split up than Scientology (unless we're counting the fact that Scientology makes Tom a nutjob in which case I think it has everything to do with it :p).

BTW, if anyone is interested is seeing some absolutely insane footage, check this out. It's a seven part deposition given by a former Scientologist and although he's completely out of his mind, his experience gives some great insight into the inner workings of the church and how warped it really is. It's 3.5 hours long but well worth it.

Sorry for the long post!

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

Ok, I'm not the biggest Tom Cruise fan but c'mon, let's keep some perspective..liking him to serial killers and Hitler?

27-02-2011
backstage pass

I don't think shoesexy was saying Tom is like serial killers or Hitler. The point was that it's possible for people to be able to appear charming in public no matter how deep and dark their secrets are.

27-02-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedur View Post
I don't think shoesexy was saying Tom is like serial killers or Hitler. The point was that it's possible for people to be able to appear charming in public no matter how deep and dark their secrets are.
Yes. Very charismatic, but don't cross him about the cult.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, blind, items, love