How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
In a case where one half of a couple makes substantially more than the other, who pays for the ring? Well, in the case of these three engaged couples where the woman has the bigger paycheck, it certainly wasn’t the future groom.

The first couple went directly to the jeweler and cut a deal for a very impressive diamond sparkler. They worked out an arrangement where the couple agreed to make x number of mentions of the jeweler in the press for a 50% discount. Then the female half of the couple paid the balance in cash.

The second couple tried harder than anyone to try to talk multiple jewelers into a free ring. When no one would agree to the freebie, she simply turned to her future fiance and said, “Here’s the money. You know what I like. Now, go get me the biggest f*cking diamond you can.”

The third couple knew ahead of time that they were getting engaged, and she knew exactly what she wanted. Because she likes to control everything, she picked out the ring in a secret private buying session with the jeweler, where they settled on a price. Then she later gave the money to the boyfriend, who went to the store to pay for the ring. Of course she pretended that she had no idea that there was a ring coming, that she was thrilled with her fiance’s taste, and that she was so impressed that he paid for the ring himself.

So, when you see those shining baubles on the ring fingers of these lucky stars, you now know that in all three cases, the future groom didn’t have to lay out his own cash… but that he still gets to look like he’s a generous man with good taste.
Quote:
This newest celebrity who is only famous for being famous, (and really only became so because of the internet) is constantly hatching plans to stay in the limelight. Don’t worry fans, she’s got a sex tape all cooked up and coming your way!
- that teen bride of that actor from The Green Mile

Guesses for the first one:

Quote:
First Couple:Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman (almost every article I read mentions that it is a Kwiat ring http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...nt-ring-photo/)

Second Couple:Nicole Polizzi aka Snookie and Jionni (Nicole demanded a big ring according this article http://www.celebitchy.com/213145/sno...ke_as_her_tan/
Also, the second ring in the picture is the same cut of the ring she is wearing in the article I’ve linked)

Third Couple: Britney Spears and Jason Trawick
Britney tweeted how she was surprised with “the one give I’ve been waiting for” http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/v...f-engagement-/
And man articles mentioned how great it was that Britney finally had I guy pay for a ring for her after Kevin. This engagement wasn’t really a surprise for any of us, including Britney I suspect. They were reportedly talking marriage for a long time before the proposal http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...ose-to-britne/
Still, Jlo is missing, there were some pics of her and her bf going to the jewelery.

blindgossip

Last edited by Dora; 08-03-2012 at 06:22 AM.

08-03-2012
Rebaptising my badness

I Was going to guess Natalie Portman and her fiancé for the third couple.
Posted via Mobile Device

08-03-2012
rising star

If I was Anne I would be embarrassed to ask for 50% off . But then again they're used to all the freebies they constantly get

08-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova View Post
I Was going to guess Natalie Portman and her fiancé for the third couple.
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah, but it says "your lucky stars". i wouldn't bet that benjamin is considered as a star in a celeb way, no?

btw, LOVE your avi. AF!

08-03-2012
trendsetter

I thought "lucky stars" refers to the brides-to-be...oh, well.

08-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLetter View Post
I thought "lucky stars" refers to the brides-to-be...oh, well.
really? than nevermind my previous post. it's the first time i'm hearing this term.

08-03-2012
V.I.P.

I'm currently going through the infamous blind item post on ONTD. O.M.G. Tragic on so many levels. One of the most fascinating/disturbing reads in a very long time.

Last edited by MyNameIs; 08-03-2012 at 07:54 PM.

08-03-2012
rising star

Yeah, I wish I could read it but I'm not a member so I can't

09-03-2012
scenester

Apparently most of the stuff from the ONTD thread involved revealing who Himmmm was, which is why the thread became blocked. I'm hesitant to post the name, because why bite the hand that feeds right? Other than that, this guy has been pretty on point with a lot of BI's that I hope he continues to contribute his opinion, no matter how disturbing.

Also, regarding the celebrity who became famous because of the internet (with a sex tape) - is it wrong to think it's Kate Upton? It seems like she exploded after people watched her youtube video of her dougie-ing at a game. I like her enough that I don't think she would have a sex tape, but she's the only person I can think of when it comes to regards of becoming famous off of the internet recently.

09-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
This actor has developed an interesting side business. When someone within the entertainment industry runs into trouble and can’t pay off an expense through their regular accounts, this rich and powerful actor discreetly lends them the money at a very high interest rate.

Need to pay off your pregnant jump off? Need to keep your house out of foreclosure? Need to square things up with your bookie? This is your go to guy. Some might consider the interest rates on the loans usurious. But for those who are able to keep their names out of the tabloids, their butts out of court, their creditors off their back, and their spouses in the dark, his services are priceless.
Quote:
What Jersey Shore star has been spending every penny he makes trying to impress one of his actress crushes from back in the day. She is now a C with A list name recognition, but the guy thinks she is at her back in the day prime (did she really have a prime?) Anyway, he follows her around and she keeps demanding more. He has upped his fee for appearances just so he can keep up with her financial demands. He does say the sex is good.
Quote:
Which Hollywood couple of nearly 10 years are headed for Splitsville? Hint: He arrived at the Oscars alone, while she stayed home with their two kids.
blindgossip

Last edited by Dora; 09-03-2012 at 02:52 AM.

09-03-2012
Rebaptising my badness

2. C list actress with A list name recognition and demanding money in exchange for sexual favours = Lindsay Lohan?
Posted via Mobile Device

09-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova View Post
2. C list actress with A list name recognition and demanding money in exchange for sexual favours = Lindsay Lohan?
^ That's a good guess- Lilo gets money from somwhere, and it's certainly not from her family or from working!!...

09-03-2012
V.I.P.

remember that "not a doting mother" BI from lainey, well i guess this seals the deal it's heidi (it's in lainey's smutty shouts):

Quote:
Happy 21st Birthday Loryjean with love from Maree who is sorry she couldn’t go to your party but says you two make a “formidable blind riddle-solving team”? Then...you don’t have to check the magazine covers to see who’s Not A Doting Mother, right?
heidi's on elle's cover.

09-03-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I'm currently going through the infamous blind item post on ONTD. O.M.G. Tragic on so many levels. One of the most fascinating/disturbing reads in a very long time.
Ugh, I won't ever look at Hayden Panettiere, or any celeb, the same way again. That poor girl. The entertainment industry is so sick! I will never make fun of Lindsay Lohan or Demi Lovato again after learning what they probably went through as child stars. I need a hug now.....

09-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yeah, I wish I could read it but I'm not a member so I can't
Links are posted a few page back to other sites that give the blind item.

But satisfaction brought it back

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, absolutely, allowed, blind, drug, items, love, talk, weight