How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2012
doldrums

It all falls back on Reese. Cute but not pretty, sexy or gorgeous like Hollywood contemporaries. Sandra Bullock is a good guess. She falls under the sweetheart thing. She starred with black supporting characters over the years and the recent one where she won as Oscar for. This eliminates her. Jennifer doesn't fit. Apparently she and Oprah are friends. This person in the blind doesn't want to work with black and other non-white people even on the set. This hatred is intense. I can't picture Jennifer Aniston.

Last edited by silk skin paws; 26-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.

26-03-2012
trendsetter

It's definitely not Jen Aniston. Nothing in that BI fits her.

Reese worked with Asian in Just Like Heaven.

V.I.P.

My guesses for the first blind:
1. Scarlett Johansson - Was married to Ryan Reynolds. Thanks to Lainey, we know she does not get along with lots of people. Thanks to Megan Fox, we know she is an intellectual. The mentor would be Woody Allen (::shudder:: at having to sleep with him). Her defining roles would be Lost in Translation and Girl with a Pearl Earring. Did she beat out anyone for these roles?
2. Sandra Bullock - She is known as a sweetheart and was once married to man rumored to bounce about in Nazi uniforms. Yes, I know she has a black son. So? One of the most racist women from my high school is married to a black man.
3. Nicole Kidman - She became the world's sweetheart when Tom Cruise dumped her. Her marriage to Keith Urban kept her in the eye. I can't seem to make the other clues fit.

26-03-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Whoever it is I bet they'll be picking a movie with a diverse cast quite quickly to dispel the rumors.

I also think it was written about Reese, even if they jumbled a few facts. That one line has to refer to Michelle and Selma.

ETA: No way it's Kidman, she's not American, and Tom Cruise was rumored to be sterile -- yes he had a kid with Katie but there is no way there are 3 abortions in his past.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 26-03-2012 at 03:19 PM.
26-03-2012
I don't know

It seems like she met her then husband on the set of the career defining role? or did I misread that

I don't think this is someone who's very young.. it could very well be one of the older actresses

26-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
ETA: No way it's Kidman, she's not American, and Tom Cruise was rumored to be sterile -- yes he had a kid with Katie but there is no way there are 3 abortions in his past.
Yes, that's why I said I had problems making the other clues fit.

I do think the phrase, "World's Sweetheart" is a hint that the actress is not American.

26-03-2012
V.I.P.

^that complicates it even more LOL
which non american actress can be considered a sweetheart? Penelope, Charlize? they don´t fit all the clues do they?
maybe that phrasing is because she´s famous and loved everywhere, not just in US?

Last edited by kokobombon; 26-03-2012 at 04:41 PM.
26-03-2012
trendsetter

To me "world's sweetheart" means that she is well-known, not non-American.

fashion elite

The UK uses terms like the Nation's sweetheart quite frequently.

26-03-2012
fashion elite

I do not know why, but this BI is so intriguing! I think it all points towards Reese but it is not 100% that's why all the namedropping is so much fun;

Scarlett - I think she gets along quite well with Samuel L. Jackson and I do not think she did a movie with her ex-husband Ryan.

Nicole Kidman - ...I don't know - now that she is mentioned there could be some truth to that one... although I never figured Tom Cruise as a wild boy (but he did date Penelope as well as some girl resembling Sofia Vergara)

Sandra Bullock - doesn't seem to fit - how would she have met Jesse at a movie set? and: didn't she get an Oscar for a movie playing a woman raising a black boy? and she adopted one in real life...

I would say so far Reese is my primary suspect

V.I.P.

I am going to break down the clues:

Quote:
This actress is A list through and through.
A list actresses refers to those women who can bankroll a movie on their name alone. Off the top of my head, A list actresses would be:
  • Angelina Jolie
  • Nicole Kidman
  • Scarlett Johansson
  • Reese Witherspoon
  • Julia Roberts
  • Meryl Streep
  • Sarah Jessica Parker
  • Jennifer Aniston
  • Katherine Heigl
  • Charlize Theron
  • Sandra Bullock
  • Kate Winslet
  • Jennifer Lynn Connelly
  • Cate Blanchett
  • Judi Dench
  • Helen Mirren
  • Renée Zellweger
  • Julianne Moore
  • Diane Lane
  • Anne Hathaway
  • Gwenyth Paltrow
  • Drew Barrymore
  • Natalie Portman
  • Uma Thurman
  • Cameron Diaz (debatable)
  • Kate Beckinsale (debatable)
Quote:
She has achieved about the most success an actress can receive. Money, fame and awards.
About is the key word here. It hints that the actress may be missing that one pinnacle award - Oscar (if you are American) and BAFTA if you are British.

Quote:
She wanted to be the world's sweetheart, but if they knew how she got to her lofty position they would be rethinking their judgment.
World is the key word. I'd say the actress in point is not necessarily American.

Quote:
When Backstabber came to Hollywood she thought she was hot and that she could make it on her looks. Back home she was always the prettiest and she figured she would be here too. Nope. Not even close.
This is someone not from Southern California and who is not traditionally beautiful. From the list I would say this is: Uma, Reese, Julia, Sarah, Jennifer Aniston, and Anne Hathaway.

Quote:
Her first roles were secured via the casting couch and also led her to do some things she has never done since on film.
Even child stars need to make the transition to adult actors. That's why Natalie Wood campaigned so hard (and slept around) to land Rebel Without a Cause. She needed to get to the level from child star to adult actor. I am going to read, "her first roles" as "her first real adult roles"

Quote:
It is true that she has attempted to buy some of those earlier films and then make sure no new copies are ever released.
Early filmography is very key. These films are so bad she is ashamed of them.

Quote:
In one of her casting couch experiences she met a mentor who has guided her almost every step of the way. Although they stopped sleeping together after six months when Backstabber threatened to tell his wife, they have been good friends ever since.
Known relationship with an older man in the industry.

Quote:
It came to Backstabber's attention that there was a role which would be perfect for her but the lead had been promised to someone else. Another actress who had very similar qualities and beat out Backstabber for a career defining role and made her white hot.
She lost out a role to an actress that looked like her.

Quote:
On the set, Backstabber met her soon to be husband, but he was already having sex with two of the other still B list co-stars and would have laughed if you told him what Backstabber had in mind.
She and her former husband worked together on the same project before they were married. This narrows the list down to:
  • Nicole Kidman (Days of Thunder)
  • Reese Witherspoon (Cruel Intentions)
  • Kate Winslet (Hideous Kinky)
  • Jennifer Lynn Connelly (A Beautiful Mind)
  • Cate Blanchett (The Seagull)
  • Helen Mirren (White Nights)
  • Diane Lane (The Cotton Club, After the Rain)
  • Uma Thurman (State of Grace, Gattaca)
  • Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
  • Kate Beckinsale (Underworld)

Quote:
This is where it gets interesting. Aside from the casting couch, Backstabber was not and is not a sexual person. She does it out of duty. For this guy though, she knew that would not work. She seduced and teased and the next thing you know, the guy had left the other two co-stars in the dust and was on his knee in a second trying to marry Backstabber. To be the world's sweetheart you needed a husband. Mission accomplished. The only misfire Backstabber had was that her husband would cheat in a second and with Backstabber only having sex with him once a month at the most, he would go wandering and straying. She did not mind when he was quiet about it, but after she paid for the third abortion for him, he was out the door.
That husband she met on the set is a known philanderer and they are no longer together. This narrows the list to:
  • Nicole Kidman (she and Tom Cruise are divorced, but it's hard to see him as the cause of three abortions)
  • Reese Witherspoon (Ryan Phillipe is a known ho)
  • Kate Winslet (Jim Threapleton - I known nothing about this man. Is he a slut?)
  • Diane Lane (Christopher Lambert - I known nothing about this man. Is he a slut?)
  • Uma Thurman (Gary Oldman and Ethan Hawke)
Quote:
While they were married, Backstabber continued to climb the Hollywood ladder. Spreading accusations here, sending over some of her "friends" from back home to spend the night with a studio executive. To get the ultimate prize, she actually did have sex with a few people who could make or break things for her.
This says she slept around and arranged dalliances for the ultimate prize (BAFTA or Oscar). It does not, however, say she succeeded. Uma and Reese and Diane are the Americans and have been nominated for Oscars. Reese has one; Diane and Uma do not. Kate Winslet has been nominated for and has received a BAFTA and an Academy Award.

I really must eliminate Nicole Kidman as no one thinks stud or multiple abortions when they think of Tom Cruise.

Quote:
She has no actress friends left in Hollywood because she has talked smack about everyone of them.
Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any famous female friends that Reese, Kate, Uma or Diane have. Nicole Kidman is good friends with Naomi Watts.

Quote:
Oh yeah, she is racist. Probably more so than anyone at a KKK rally. Movies with black people? Not if she can help it. Earlier in her career she could not control it. Now? Casting approval. No black people. Other minorities? No thank you.
No black people in her more recent films, and the presence of other minorities would be very, very limited.

Hmm...Uma has done lots of charitable work for Africa. Plus, she is not the "World's Sweetheart" right now (if she ever was). I am going to eliminate her here.

Quote:
If she sees you drinking she will try and have you fired. Swearing? She better not hear you.
I cannot see either Kate or Diane as teetotalers.

Quote:
Yeah, so it was a real treat when she had to work with a guy who dropped F bombs every five seconds and had a string of hookers and booze in his trailer the whole shoot. You can see her grimacing the entire movie.
Perhaps Chris Pine on the set of This Means War?

This Blind does seem to point to Reese Witherspoon. In past interviews, her friends talk about how popular she was at her Louisiana high school. I don't find her attractive, but I can see how her petite blondness would have made her popular back home.

Cruel Intentions was her breakthrough adult role, and it's the project she and Ryan Phillipe did together before they were married.

Yes, she and Ryan Phillippe were introduced at her 21st birthday party (a fact Reese has stated in many an interview), which was March 1997. However, I will forgive this error as I don't think a long time passed between when Ryan and Reese met and when filming began for Cruel Intentions. The movie was released in early 1999; Filming probably began in late 1997.

The two B list co-start for Cruel Intentions obviously refers to Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair.

Reese's career skyrocketed while she was married to Ryan.

I can see Reese trying to buy up the rights to S.F.W. and Overnight Delivery (which was released direct-to-video) and Fear.

Reese has worldwide acclaim. The phrase "world's sweetheart" would fit her. She also campaigned like heck for her Oscar in Walk the Line.

The movie that put Reese "on the map" as an A list actress was Legally Blonde. Looking at the cast for everything after The Importance of Being Earnest:
  • Sweet Home Alabama - all white cast
  • Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde - the presence of Regina King (a black woman) seems to disprove this rumor. Reese is Executive Producer. If race were such an issue, why was Regina invited back?
  • Vanity Fair - all white cast
  • Walk the Line - all white cast
  • Just Like Heaven - Rosalind Chao is Chinese
  • Penelope - all white cast
  • Rendition - Would Reese consider Rosie Malek-Yonan and the other Iranian actors white?
  • Four Christmases - all white cast
  • Monsters vs. Aliens - all voice actors are white
  • How Do You Know - Teyonah Parris is black
  • Water for Elephants - Ken Foree is black
  • This Means War - Angela Bassett is black
  • Mud - all white cast
Bottom Line: Reese comes the closest as being the backstabber in this blind, but there are too many things that make it not her. Yes, she can be called the "World's Sweetheart," but non-white people have been in her recent films. She met her former husband at a birthday party and not on set; a fact she has mentioned many times in many interviews. Unlike Woody Allen for Scarlett Johansson and Harvey Weinstein for Gwenyth Paltrow, Reese is not known to have an older male mentor in Hollywood.

26-03-2012
I don't know

^I think it's supposed to be a bit misleading or else it would have been too easy..

Another thing speaking against Reese is the so called lack of actress friends.. I'm pretty sure she's friends with Paltrow and Diaz seeing as they're doing a film together all off a dinner date with that guy who made glee

26-03-2012
tfs star

^That's true of late but I don't think that's always been the case. I've never equated Reese to be in Paltrow's inner circle like Diaz or Hudson are.
I can totally see Reese fuming over someone's bad language, at say Tom Hardy perhaps.

26-03-2012
trendsetter

Reese is good friend with Jennifer Garner and Jennifer Aniston.

V.I.P.

For Backstabber´s mentor, what do you guys think of Alexander Payne? Was it at the Oscars that Reese called him her friend? he was married to Sandra Oh...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, absolutely, allowed, blind, drug, items, love, talk, weight