How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-07-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post

ETA: And James mentions in the interview that he didn't see any of it happen
He didn't see her talking to the directors, not necessarily the scene.

16-07-2012
I don't know

^There are way worse behind the scenes horror stories than this (just read this if have time). If everything went down as it's been written, I still find Emma to be very childish and unprofessional. There are better ways to handle the situation than storming off.

16-07-2012
tfs star

I agree. I think if she had a problem with the thrusting or misbehaving actor, then she would either tell him to calm it down when the directors cut, or approach the directors about HIM. But to walk off a set and halt production is a little...over the top. Plus, the fact that the scene is in the script. Are we for sure that it's Emma?

16-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Honestly, while there is no need for rudeness and mockery, if it was in the script I don't understand why she had to pull an act like that. The drinking part is unacceptable but it's the director's responsibility to deal with an actor behaving badly. But the raunchy part? I understand being surprised and feeling uncomfortable, but storming off set, halting production for everyone and then quitting? I do think Emma could have behaved better in the situation.

It's not like they blind sided her with the scene, she knew what was going to happen.

In most cases I would agree, but Emma was only filming a cameo, so for one thing she probably hadn't read a script and for another thing, based on the cast of this movie and the director/screenwriters, I think that alot of it is improvised. Her scene was supposed to be of her (and several others) playing zombies attacking someone. But on the set, they'd set up with crazy scene with zombies attacking someone as well as this crazy bit about Channing Tatum in a thong on a leash. Emma's does have an image to maintain and millions of young fans. Doing a silly cameo in a zombie-attack scene is one thing. When it turns into a sexually provocative scene it becomes something else and, I think, by changing the tone they pretty much screwed her over. There was apparently alot of tom-foolery going on as well. *edited* I don't think it's unusual or dishonorable for an actress to not want to be in that kind of an environment, especially when she was really just filming a cameo. Her dropping out of the scene wont really affect the film at all and production probably was delayed barely an hour. To top it off, after Emma left the set, Channing (and possibly others) spent the evening mocking Emma. In my eyes, the ONLY person involved who I don't think less of as a result of the ordeal is Emma herself.

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 16-07-2012 at 11:57 PM.
16-07-2012
V.I.P.

^i completely agree with you (but you should better edit and delete the part about a certain topic we're not allowed to discuss here)

i guess Emma was expecting a professional shoot and it wasn't, when the actor doesn't show any respect to you it must be even more difficult to shoot a provocative scene, i don't think it's fair to blame her when Channing was the disrespectful douche here

16-07-2012
tfs star

Edit: Disregard earlier post. I didn't read the whole blind item, especially the part about the substances that shall not be mentioned. I still think that to a certain extent Emma should've handled it differently, but if she felt uncomfortable then I blame her a lot less and I feel worse knowing that Channing and others mocked her for it.

16-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
^i completely agree with you (but you should better edit and delete the part about a certain topic we're not allowed to discuss here)

Oops. I figured it would be okay to reference it since the blind that was posted referenced it. But you're probably right. Unfortunately, I can't edit my post now.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Lainey posted this one:

Robert Downey Jr.?

Hugh Jackman?

Or Gary Oldman? He was in the Harry Potter films and the wording in the first sentence reminded me of that
EDIT: oldman has a skeezy past though so this wouldn't be a surprise
Do tell!

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

Ha! I read that Interview piece and I was thinking...um, wasn't this a blind item? But the item said that the actor was sort of torturing the actress and acting really immature...so, I'm not sure who was in the right.

17-07-2012
front row

Yes, tell tell tell ^^^

24-07-2012
V.I.P.

I think Lainey just outed Ben and Olga K as a past blind item -- (most recent column):

Quote:
Ben Affleck’s new film Argo will have its world premiere at TIFF. The festival will be a double-shot for him though as Terrence Malick’s To The Wonder (Olga Kurylenko is in it too) will also be screened. Ben’s ex-girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow also has a film at TIFF - Thanks For Sharing with Mark Ruffalo (yay! I love when Mark Ruffalo comes to TIFF!) about sex addiction will premiere in Toronto.
I can't remember which one it was, but I think it had something to do with him having to get her a part in a big movie to keep her happy.

24-07-2012
I don't know

^She's done it quite a few times. Or at least hinted at it. But what I gathered from Lainey was that they met during filming..

25-07-2012
front row

Quote:
Let’s take a break from the Twilight despair to get into some sexual produce.

They’ve been together a while now. They’re beautiful and fashionable and they’ve travelled the world. This sense of adventure extends beyond geography. After so many years, it would appear that these two are still super hot for each other.

At a party very recently, they wandered into the garden. They started kissing, rubbing, grinding. He went between her thighs...with his hands...and an accessory.

A cucumber.

In the garden.

At a party.

With a cucumber.

She enjoyed it.

They didn’t know at the time but there was an audience. When they figured that out they were obviously mortified. They’re a lot luckier than Kristen Stewart though. The evidence in this case will not be published
Lainey

Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger

25-07-2012
backstage pass

^Joshua Jackson should play Christian Grey in the movie adaptation.

25-07-2012
scenester

this is hilarious to me. Atleast they were doing it together and not cheating by doing it with other people. Good for them (in a way :lol). But seriously why would they do it at a party of all places I guessthey were caught up in the moment. whatever keeps their relationship spicy I guess.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, absolutely, allowed, blind, drug, items, love, talk, weight