How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2012
V.I.P.

Ellen 2? I remember the show and don't think there was a spinoff called that.

Maybe you mean Ellen season 2? the dvd cover looks like it says Ellen 2, but it's Season 2

Last edited by *Bianca*; 16-03-2012 at 07:28 AM.

16-03-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post

Maybe you mean Ellen season 2? the dvd cover looks like it says Ellen 2, but it's Season 2
Sorry, here:
Quote:
Note – Between seasons one and two, there was not only a title change from These Friends of Mine to Ellen, but several characters disappeared without explanation.
- via wikipedia

I don't know where I got Ellen 2?

Why is everyone trying to ruin my first solve, geeze! (Just kidding, I'm probably wrong, per usual)

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 16-03-2012 at 07:54 AM.
16-03-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post

there was the original sitcom simply titled 'ellen' on which she came out, then 'the ellen show' which was a few years later.

V.I.P.

Damn she had Ellen (These Friends of Mine), The Ellen Show, and The Ellen DeGeneres Show

The Ellen Show, which I don't actually remember, apparently was cancelled in its first season. Going from imdb I don't think there were any overlapping characters, besides Ellen - who I think plays a different 'Ellen'? IDEK

^ These Friends of Mine (season 1) came before Ellen. Ellen was the "spinoff". Piven was a carry over from Friends of Mine.

Quote:
Initially naming the series These Friends Of Mine also had helped to take the main focus off the Ellen DeGeneres, to make it more of a ensemble show just in case the untested DeGeneres might prove unable to firmly anchor the show. Like I said though, people dug the show and Ellen was more than capable of being the center of the show. So after These Friends Of Mine's initial run in the second half of the 1993-1994 season, it was renamed and revamped for the next season. Some of Ellen's friends were were written off the show and new ones were brought in. Ellen went from working at a bookstore to owning the place and the show stayed popular.
poobala.com/ellenandthese

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 16-03-2012 at 08:59 AM.
16-03-2012
V.I.P.

Oh gotcha. But Connie was only in 3 episodes of "Ellen" (according to imdb).

^ But 2 different seasons (1995 and 1996), so maybe they didn't list small appearances by her, especially since she was unknown? That would have been the halfway point of the show that the producer that protected her walked out on as the show ran from 1994-1998.

Maxed out on debating this one. Someone solve a good one.

16-03-2012
V.I.P.

Those 3 eps were all part of the same season - Season 3 - which was over 95-96 period.

Sorry to keep going but Jeremy Piven wasn't credited until season 3/'95-96. I don't think he was in Season 1 (season 1 of Ellen = season 1 of TFOM)

And I also don't think it's Friday Night Lights, because Connie was the cross-over... therefore she'd have been one of the "exempt" ones

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post

Maxed out on debating this one. Someone solve a good one.
Yes- anyone have a good handsome actor cheating on his girlfriend with a cocktail waitress???

16-03-2012
V.I.P.

What is up with these working conditions...these actors must have absolutely no self-respect. Just quit and move on...I don't care if it affects your career.

16-03-2012
V.I.P.

What are the chances that Jennie & Peter´s split is a PR stunt?
She has a new reality show coming up, where she´s going to be talking about their breakup...
Peter has become successful with Twilight and NJ but Jennie? she´s only be doing TV movies and "Dancing..." right?

http://www.people.com/people/article...579090,00.html

17-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
What are the chances that Jennie & Peter´s split is a PR stunt?
She has a new reality show coming up, where she´s going to be talking about their breakup...
Peter has become successful with Twilight and NJ but Jennie? she´s only be doing TV movies and "Dancing..." right?

http://www.people.com/people/article...579090,00.html
i doubt it considering that there are now multiple articles on him cheating - as if the only waited for the statement to come out to reveal all those BIs on him.

Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoesexy View Post
Why This Oscar Guy Just Faded Away

Quote:
[CDAN] There is an actor that is still working today and will always be a B lister because of his acting talent, although he had a very long absence because of these two incidents. No one would hire the Academy Award winner/nominee despite his pedigree because of what he did. Apparently time heals a lot of wounds but when you do what he did, it takes a long time and forgiveness from the two women involved.

Back at the height of his fame which was not that long ago, he met up with this very underage teen who had just hit it big and was partying up a storm. When I say teen, I mean barely a teen, but still the biggest story out there. She was a wild child and was not above getting wasted out of her mind. Frequently. Daily even. No family who cared so she was on her own and this actor took advantage of that and had sex with her. She had sex previously but it was with guys just a little older than her, not a guy in his 30′s/40′s. He did it more than once. In fact he moved her in with him for about a month and then she got pregnant and he kicked her out and sent her back home to her family. What to do? The family sent her to get an abortion and also to rehab. Nothing really happened to the actor at that time. Later though he got into more trouble.

The actor was involved with a woman who is also an actress and is a good solid B-/C+ to this day. Talented. She is very talented. They had a consensual relationship, although any relationship with this actor was always fraught with verbal and physical abuse. He beat her and yelled at her. She too got pregnant and wanted her to have an abortion. She refused. He would beat her on a daily basis to get her to change her mind. She refused. So, he beat her some more until finally one day she lost the baby. Two days later she was gone and so were his job prospects. Both actresses had powerful friends and this A lister who was on the top of his game just faded away almost instantly.

Actor:

Teen:

Actress:

...and I'm pretty sure who it is.
So, any guesses for this one? I instantly thought of Jack Nicholson and Anjelica Huston when I read it. Some people at CDAN are guessing Drew Barrymore for the teen actress.

clever ain't wise

^Wild guess: Nicholas Cage.

Also possible: Edward Norton or Jaquin Phoenix.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 17-03-2012 at 01:53 PM.
17-03-2012
tfs star

This is very strange but it's about the BI from Peter and Jennie.

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2012...o-out-herself/

Scallywag & Vagabond.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, absolutely, allowed, blind, drug, items, love, talk, weight