How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2012
tfs star

I doubt it's DDL. Drew doesn't seem like his type. Plus his career gaps seem self-imposed. Breaking up via fax is the only insensitive thing I've heard about him.

18-03-2012
Rebaptising my badness

Yeah, his breaks don't seem to have been imposed on him by circumstances or a higher power (i.e. someone with connections in the industry). He just chooses his roles very carefully. I don't think it's him either.

Last edited by Nemova; 18-03-2012 at 05:21 PM.
18-03-2012
backstage pass

My guess is based on the "A" talent level of the actor -- not very many of those in the last 20 years. Hurt is/was hugely talented: from Altered States to Body Heat to Kiss of the Spider Woman to Broadcast News to The Accidental Tourist, just great work. Then he fell off the map. Why?

Ryan ONeal was a guess, but doesn't fit talent. Brody, same.

Add in, how many wild child actresses were there who were "sent off for help" at very young age + family had influence in the industry? Hurt falls into the age range for Drew.

And Marlee Matlin chronicled the regular beatings she took from Hurt in her book. Industry always seemed to rally around her.

Daniel Day Lewis is known for his highly selective nature & desire for free time. Cage has his own reasons for not taking more good roles, methinks. Norton -- I wonder why he doesn't get more great roles, but he had projects every year after Am His X save one.

So I think it's Hurt who I'd like to hurt.

Last edited by shoesexy; 18-03-2012 at 07:44 PM.
19-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Which A-list actress has an entire storage room to hold all the free swag she’s accumulated over the years? The thrifty TV-turned-movie star rented office space in Hollywood that she’s filled with designer handbags, electronics and beauty products that she then re-gifts to friends!
Quote:
I thought I would tell you about one of the good ones. Oh, he has his faults, but he definitely makes an effort to help others. He is an A lister on television on a very hit show and was in one of the best and most popular movies of the year last year.

Anyway, without any publicity on his part, our actor has made arrangements to purchase 25 tickets to each Lakers and Clippers game to give a chance for impoverished children and their families to attend games which they would otherwise be unable to do. He and his partner also founded an organization which provides after school activities in the arts like music, ballet and drama classes for kids after school. They pay for all the salaries of the instructors and any supplies needed by the kids are also paid for through their efforts.

They have made sure these kids and families have school supplies, Christmas presents and have even paid for birthdays for over a hundred children. The great thing about this, is they have done it all quietly without asking or seeking any attention for their actions.
Quote:
The jig is almost up for this manager…..to take the spotlight off of her and her dirty deeds, she keeps putting out stories about her former client’s ex-husband. All the while, she profits from her client’s death.
Quote:
Which actress/single mom, who’s never revealed the identity of her baby daddy, is currently in an abusive relationship with a new guy? The unlucky-in-love star was in tears during a girls-only lunch after receiving a barrage of vicious texts from Mr. Wrong!
- January Jones

Quote:
This A list actor, probably one of the biggest names in the biz, has an unusual hobby. He loves to attend drum circles in his local town. He goes at least monthly, if not more and loves hanging out with the people and enjoying the music and the community.
blindgossip

19-03-2012
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoesexy View Post

Daniel Day Lewis is known for his highly selective nature & desire for free time. Cage has his own reasons for not taking more good roles, methinks. Norton -- I wonder why he doesn't get more great roles, but he had projects every year after Am His X save one.

So I think it's Hurt who I'd like to hurt.
Hurt has had movies also all since the 80s, just not many good ones. DDL - you know, that is exactly what his publicist would say - he's picky, he wants his free time. In reality, very few stars are as picky as that. At least if they are continually offered good roles - and if he wasn't offered good roles, why would that be, given his talent?

I think DDL, Hurt and Norton are good choices for this one.

19-03-2012
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by before View Post
I doubt it's DDL. Drew doesn't seem like his type. Plus his career gaps seem self-imposed. Breaking up via fax is the only insensitive thing I've heard about him.
Drew is a candidate, but not the only one. Plus, unfortunately, girls that age are some people's type...regardless of what they grow up to be.

19-03-2012
V.I.P.

Oh, William Hurt and Drew Berrymore are such good guesses for that BI. My only hesitation about it is that he was in Steven Spielberg's A.I. And as people have just pointed out Spielberg is Drew's godfather, seems unlikely he would 'forgive' someone for something like that, but then who knows.

I don't agree that DDL 'disappeared' or lost his status in any way since his first Oscar win. Whether his rare works is his doing or not (I believe it's his personal choice), the movies he has made have been big prestige pictures. And considering he's been nominated, after his first win, once in the 90s and once in the 00s before winning his second Oscar in the 00s, I don't see how he'd qualify for this BI.

V.I.P.

Number one is probably Katherine Heigl. The free swag one.

19-03-2012
.my prison is your brain.

#2 Jon Hamm (Mad Men, Bridesmaids) and Jennifer Westfield? I hope so, I love those two.

19-03-2012
V.I.P.

i think it's them too. good BI.

V.I.P.

Quote:
This C list actress from film only recently, hosted a party for her boyfriend’s birthday. She invited several of her costars from her latest film that came out in late 2011. She and her costar (a B+ actor) both had a little too much to drink and ended up making out on the couch in front of everyone, including the boyfriend.
Quote:
What celebrity father hasn’t seen his kid since she was born? He showed up for the birth and wrote a big check to keep the mother happy, but has been too busy dating models almost half his age to spend time with the tot. It seems cruel, but at least the child support checks still show up.
Quote:
Which Brit expat actor is popular with US TV networks but possibly getting less popular at home, as he’s suspected of at least 15 affairs? The actor’s wife isn’t going to get a great deal of sympathy from her colleagues in the costume department either. Her habit of going commando in her on-screen outfits hasn’t gone unnoticed by the launderers.

BG Note: PopBitch is a Britain-based blog. An expatriate (or “expat” for short) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country other than that of the person’s upbringing. So this post probably refers to a British actor who has been working in the USA.
Quote:
This year, the NBA had an all-star team. One of the members of that all-star team loves nothing more than to spend every night on the road after a game in his favorite blond wig while he watches television and tries on the clothes he bought for his “wife.” The NBA player spends a lot of time buying things for his “wife,” and then spending his late nights wearing it. There have been some nights this season where he has stayed up all night after a game and the second game of a back to back has been less than stellar because of his obsession with his clothes and other persona.

Before he got married to his current wife, he used to keep his obsession confined to the road and hotel rooms and would throw away the clothes after every road trip because he did not want a girlfriend or maid or family member to see his collection at home. He would spend and then throw away thousands of dollars worth of clothes and shoes every trip. He would not give them away to charity or leave them in his room. He would take them to a hotel dumpster and be done with them until the next trip. The only thing he has always managed to keep are his two wigs. One is blonde and the other brunette.

After he met his current wife, and when they got serious, he let her in on his secret. She was not only open to it but encouraged it and does shopping for him to make it easier, but he still loves being on the road and wearing his brand new clothes he found for himself. Oh, and every so often he also wears a pair of women’s panties under his uniform.
Quote:
Hollywood could be gearing up for the next big divorce. This gay couple has been together a long time and they’ve already started a family. They seem like the picture of happiness. Here’s the surprising part – the LESS famous half of the pair is cheating with a twentysomething midwestern stud! He flies the hot young guy around and puts him up in hotels and sneaks out to see him when he’s not parading around with his “happy gay family.” During Oscar week he spent every spare minute with his muscular paramour.
Elton John and his partner?

blindgossip

20-03-2012
fashion elite

^Ryan Phillipe for #2, he had that kid with the b-list actress, she forced him to take a paternity test to prove he is the father and he always dates the youngest girls.

20-03-2012
V.I.P.

^ Agreed. Plus, Wikipedia states "he was present during the birth".

20-03-2012
Meg
inspired contemplation

Ryan Philippe... or Benecio del Toro? they might have referenced Kim Stewart if it was Benecio but he also came to mind for that BI

20-03-2012
V.I.P.

what about hugh grant for #2?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, absolutely, allowed, blind, drug, items, love, talk, weight