How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-03-2012
V.I.P.

I looked up all the IMDB profiles of every actress that has been nominated for an Oscar in the past 20 years but the description fits none of them, lol. I agree that it shouldn't be that hard to figure out because there are so many clues

- A-list, big awards, pretty, 'a sweetheart',
- was married to a co-star,
- apparently not black or a minority

Gwyneth Paltrow is obviously someone who fits some of it because everyone knows she did the casting couch but the facts about the Backstabber's marriage don't apply to her.
But what about Uma Thurman? She was married to co-star Ethan Hawke and before that to Gary Oldman (not sure if they co-starred in anything?) and she seems kind of fishy and fake.

25-03-2012
V.I.P.

^Uma did some movies with black actors.

Is Nicole Kidman a "sweetheart"?

Last edited by kokobombon; 25-03-2012 at 12:30 PM.
25-03-2012
V.I.P.

^ And she never was thought of as an America's Sweetheart type, was she??

25-03-2012
V.I.P.

^Yeah, that's true. But here's some parts from Uma's Wikipedia page that fit the BI and made me think it could be her:

Quote:
Thurman met English actor Gary Oldman on the set of State of Grace, and they were married in 1990, but it ended two years later.[38]

On May 1, 1998, she married actor Ethan Hawke, whom she met on the set of Gattaca. Hawke's novel Ash Wednesday is dedicated to "Karuna", Thurman's middle name.[39] She acknowledged that they had married because she was pregnant – seven months at their wedding.[40] The marriage produced two children, daughter Maya Thurman Hawke (born July 8, 1998) and son Levon Green Hawke (born January 15, 2002). The couple separated in 2003.[41] When asked on The Oprah Winfrey Show whether the break-up involved betrayal, she said, “There was some stuff like that at the end. We were having a difficult time, and you know how the axe comes down and how people behave and how people express their unhappiness."[42] In a 2004 Rolling Stone cover story, Thurman and director Quentin Tarantino denied having had a romantic relationship, despite Tarantino once having told a reporter, "I'm not saying that we haven’t, and I’m not saying that we have."[16]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uma_Thurman

Tarantino could be the mentor that is mentioned, no? And she also starred in some rather raunchy movies in the beginning of her career and is involved with Charity. Probably not her, though.
I really wonder who it could be. And I want to know who the other actress mentioned is.

25-03-2012
V.I.P.

When I think backstabber in Hollywood Gwyneth is always my no1 because of what she did to Winona with Shakespeare In Love (she read the script in her house when they were best friends and went to audition for it behind her back). It's just that no other clue about this blind fits her. And she's certainly not America's sweetheart..

25-03-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Tarantino could be the mentor that is mentioned, no?
Nah, he's never been married.

Plus Uma Thurman curses like a sailor so I sort of doubt she'd care about someone else swearing.

Is the Crash & Burn a clue? Why is it capitalized?

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 25-03-2012 at 12:44 PM.
25-03-2012
Rebaptising my badness

I think Crash & Burn refers to a previous BI posted on CDAN.

V.I.P.

Sandra Bullock???

25-03-2012
fashion icon

I doubt she's racist since she adopted an african american boy. Reese seems to fit best so far, I agree that it isn't common knowledge that she met her husband at a party.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 25-03-2012 at 12:59 PM.
25-03-2012
V.I.P.

how accurate are these blinds anyway? it´s known that sometimes the writer changes stuff a bit to avoid a lawsuit...
I think Reese fits everything but that she met her ex husband on set but their movie was the same year they´ve met. The other two B list actresses could be Selma Blair and Sarah Michelle Gellar.
She was considered for the role of Juliet in Romeo+Juliet which went to Claire Danes who up to recently wasn´t in any big movie/tv show.
There aren´t any black actors in her movies, not even in Sweet Home Alabama (being set in the south one would think they´d cast an african american actor...)
She does charity.
I think she appeared naked in Cruel Intentions and had unusual sex in that movie with Mark Wahlberg, things she doesn´t do anymore I think...

Last edited by kokobombon; 25-03-2012 at 01:10 PM.
25-03-2012
V.I.P.

^and I think Alicia Silverstone was considered for Legally Blonde?

25-03-2012
fashion elite

I do not think it's Julia Roberts although she was America's Sweetheart for many years. I remember her acting with Denzel Washington in the Pelican Brief. And Gwyneth Paltrow is lovey-dovey with Jay-Z and Beyonce so it would be difficult to believe she was a racist imo. Reese could fit as I cannot recall a movie featuring black co-stars but then I always thought it was the mainly known story that Ryan Phillipe and her met as a "birthday present" for her and they milked it out to no end...but maybe I am wrong and it was not common knowledge. It should be easy to identify this "American Sweetheart" but apparently no actress really fits ...maybe it's Jennifer Aniston then after all.. she could be called "America's Sweetheart" for sure...but then she is known for having many friends in Hollywood for years...I am confused...please give me a name!

V.I.P.

It's supposed to be Reese, but the blind item is riddled with so many errors that you almost feel embarrassed for these people who make this their profession. For instance, she was already with Ryan before Cruel Intentions even began filming, like at least a year prior.

25-03-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post
When I think backstabber in Hollywood Gwyneth is always my no1 because of what she did to Winona with Shakespeare In Love (she read the script in her house when they were best friends and went to audition for it behind her back). It's just that no other clue about this blind fits her. And she's certainly not America's sweetheart..
I think the rumor that she stole the script from Winona is false, at least I remember Lainey and some others saying so.

I think the blind does fit Reese.

25-03-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
It's supposed to be Reese, but the blind item is riddled with so many errors that you almost feel embarrassed for these people who make this their profession. For instance, she was already with Ryan before Cruel Intentions even began filming, like at least a year prior.
totally agree with you LUXXX...what's the point in committing that many errors when dedicating all time to gossiping? At least do it right, right? If it is supposed to be Reese (and as I mentioned the racist-part would apparently fit) the Ryan-part does not at ALL...friends? I am not that interested in Reese to ever have looked into that too much but as I recall I never saw her with any "famous friends" AND: @backstabbing: remember her shout-outs at the MTV VMA's "bashing" young stars taking naked pics and talking down on young actresses exposing themselves? ..that would fit
I still would love to receive more "enlightening" on that blind as I find it bizarrely intriguing having to deal with an obviously bad person (sorry for stating it like that) but if there is truth to the BI than that person really is mean and terrible!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, absolutely, allowed, blind, drug, items, love, talk, weight