How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-05-2006
Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazie ninja
Something about her rubs me the wrong way... I think its her smile, it doesn't look very genuine, and I recently read from a very credible news source (I believe it was perezhilton or thesuperficial, that she isn't very bright)...Actually, that makes her more attractive doesn't it...
Yes she is notorious for being pretty stupid.

13-05-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

Being bold and honest like that tells me Jessica is comfortable and confident with herself. She's so strong to tell the public a deep secret like that. I hope nothing but good things for her with her carreer and for her life.....

13-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_savy
Honesty? Honesty would be admitting she has an eating disorder right NOW. Because she does. She just wants attention like everyone else in Hollywood it's sickening.
Does she? Have an eating disorder, that is - I agree about the attention part

I can't stand her "acting", her interviews make me feel ill, she reminds me so much of a couple of girls I went to school with that were oh so nice and popular on the surface but pure, unadulterated evil underneath...but the one thing I've always admired about her is her insistence that to look that way she works out constantly, cooks all her own meals, and started doing so as a teenager to prevent becoming overweight like the rest of her family. It seemed like willpower I could aspire too - I'm the one that tends to have a little chub in my family, mainly because I cave and eat whatever my coathanger relatives do, when I should be making my own things.

Anyway, do you mean something like anorexia or bulimia? Or an obsession with food/weight? It's obvious from her muscle tone that she exercises like mad, whatever she is or isn't eating. And it's hard to exercise to that degree and become that defined if you're malnourished.

V.I.P.

what is it with all the celebs saying bad things about themselves..
they're not being so good rolemodels to teens then..

"Love yourself" yeah right..

13-05-2006
V.I.P.

I read through this entire thread (there isn't very much of it) and it made me wonder whether there is any right way for a celeb to approach this: Evangeline Lilly allegedly "wished" she was "not so beautiful" as opposed to Jessica Alba saying she "thinks she's not hot" and both are getting criticised for it. Honestly I don't know what to think. Some people say Jessica was fishing for compliments and that could well be true. Then again, how would people like them avoid it when the media insist on asking questions like "What is your response to being voted the sexiest / most beautiful etc etc...."

Up for debate really.

p/s: I'm not a very big fan of Jessica either although I must say the girl can dance.

13-05-2006
fashion elite

^ well at least something she can do. haha.

this is a stupid article. jessica really shouldnt be so damn obsessed with herself ( goes for half hollywood. ) i wish there were more reese witherspoons who are earthy, have a family and can talk about other things than their 'horrible' problems like getting a booty too quickly. That article seems a, superficial b, just ''blasphemic''. That girl gets reated #1 hottest women in every magazine and has the courage to go out there and complain. I mean thats just dumb. Maybe, even if she feels insecure it just seems dumb for her to complain about her look. I cant beieve everyone thinks she's so 'honest'. Its time that certain celebs step out of the glamour light and go to the streets and look at real problems. All this looks-obsessed girls are starting to seriously piss me off. Do they EVER do something else than go shopping, work out and getting their hair done ? Nicole, Alba, Paris,.. why don't you admit that your LOOKS and promotion is the only reason why you are famous ?Same goes for Evangeline. I can't believe, seriously think about that, I can't believe those girls COMPLAIN about their look or are fishing for compliments like that. Yes alba cooks for herself since she's 12. BIG deal. We all know her and Beyonce have to try so hard to maintain their bodies, we heard it 10000 times. Alba looks unnaturally thin these days. And Beyonce admitting that she's eating 2 tomatoes a day isn't 'honest', but simply dumb and unhealthy for her younger fans.

13-05-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie
what is it with all the celebs saying bad things about themselves..
they're not being so good rolemodels to teens then..

"Love yourself" yeah right..
I have to disagree...I think it can show (imo) to a fan that they are human just like them, and that they have faults too. Nobody is perfect.....

14-05-2006
V.I.P.

Yes we ALL should feel terribly about ourselves^

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazie ninja
I recently read from a very credible news source (I believe it was perezhilton or thesuperficial )...

Right on, The Superficial is the new BBC News!

About Alba, she is hot up to the neck (I am not ashamed to say I have her buttocks saved somewhere on my hard drive). Her face is dull, her personality even more so, her acting skills non-existent.

Last edited by Harumi; 14-05-2006 at 02:19 PM.
15-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_savy
Honesty? Honesty would be admitting she has an eating disorder right NOW. Because she does. She just wants attention like everyone else in Hollywood it's sickening.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

15-05-2006
V.I.P.

Well i completely agree with Jessica cos she really is not hot nor beautiful

15-05-2006
front row

Yeah right, I don't believe this. SHe obviously knows she is hot. Her posture, her pose,...everything she does show that she KNOWS, and thinks she is hot, and that the general public thinks the same. Why would the society like to hear stars saying stuff like: "Oh, I'm not hot. Oh, I'm a stupid girl. Oh, I'm..." and think they are honest and humble??? Look at their actions more and see that their words mean almost nothing. My friend is a publicist. Everything stars say have to go through with publicist first. Hardly they ever be honest. Or they find a way to say it differently. Talking about rehearsing...over and over and over again....

20-10-2007
windowshopping

this thread reminds me of a song....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNBG37wwg9I

20-10-2007
tfs star

^I think the blonde girl in that video "knows" she's beautiful. ha.

20-10-2007
V.I.P.

jessica is right:

She isnt hot!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alba, hot, jessica