How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-05-2014
backstage pass

Jay Z Physically Attacked by Beyonce's Sister Solange
Jay Z was ferociously assaulted by Beyonce's sister Solange ... who was wildly kicking and swinging at him inside an elevator ... and the attack was captured on surveillance video ... obtained by TMZ.

According to our sources, it all went down at a Met Gala after party last week at the Standard Hotel in NYC. In the video ... Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange step into the elevator ... and then Solange goes crazy, screaming at Jay before unleashing a violent attack.

A large man -- who appears to be a bodyguard -- attempts to hold Solange back, but she manages to connect at least 3 times. At one point Solange throws a kick and Jay grabs her foot, but never attempts to strike her. Beyonce stands by without getting physically involved.

It's unclear what triggered the fight.

And this is interesting. When you look closely, you see the bodyguard hit the emergency stop switch on the 12th floor -- mid fight -- presumably to keep the fight private.

All three walked out of the building together -- Solange looks pissed -- but while Bey and Solange get in one car ... security walks Jay to a different one.

See video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh_WJ9T0PCE

Source: TMZ

Last edited by sunn19; 12-05-2014 at 01:05 PM.

12-05-2014
V.I.P.

The video is awfully funny though

12-05-2014
V.I.P.

I'm failing to find what's 'awfully funny' about physical violence? I wonder if the roles were reversed would this subject be getting the same response? Jay-Z would have probably been arrested and be one of the most hated men in America. Obviously, we cannot jump to conclusions because we don't know the full extent. But from what I've seen in that video.. Jay-Z has went up in my estimation. Kudos to him for acting the true gentlemen and not retaliating. This isn't doing Solange any favors - provoked or not.

Some Like It Hot

^Amen Amen.. AMEN.

V.I.P.

OMG! I love the internet!!!!!!

V.I.P.

The best thing about the video is Beyonce just standing there like "I don't know these two".

12-05-2014
front row

I agree she shouldn't have done that, made herself look bad by lashing out at him like that. He handled it quite well.

Having said that, it seems Jay-Z is quite the player, I wouldn't be surprised if this outburst relates to him cheating on Beyonce. It would explain why Beyonce did not intervene and went off with Solange separately, afterwards.

Apparently Beyonce has had her IV tattoo removed recently, maybe it's all over for them. I also wonder if it relates to that blind item about a big divorce this year (something about a Russian model pregnant with a superstar rapper's kid, IIRC).

Last edited by sojou; 12-05-2014 at 02:36 PM.
12-05-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Jay-Z has went up in my estimation.
I know..

I don't know if Beyonce's talking there but I'm taking the liberty to assume she didn't do or say much either and that's bad, she's the link between these two people.. not her fault but you don't let things escalate and disrespect each other through violence like it's between them and not you.

V.I.P.

Yeah, Beyonce's attitude towards the entire situation is actually the most intriguing thing. It seems like she didn't even say a word and afterwards she's seen planting a smile for the cameras. Really makes you wonder...
As for Jay-Z, he did handle it well, but still, no one gets that pissed off for no reason.

12-05-2014
V.I.P.

Agreed. Jay-Z tries to play it down but Beyonce is seemingly passive. Very strange situation; really makes you wonder what provoked the whole debacle.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
12-05-2014
V.I.P.

Now this is just speculation but users on other sites have been saying seeing as Jay-Z and Beyonce just stayed calm through the whole thing that this might not be the first time and Solange might have personal issues. What she did was very wrong and I'm not trying to victimize her but this whole thing is not going to go away so they will have to release a statement.

12-05-2014
backstage pass

Full video can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWdhX9c_7FA

12-05-2014
tfs star

Beyoncé steps in once or twice but in a very passive way, trying to cut Solange off by shoving the right side of her body, and when Solange gets crazy again, she puts herself in front of Jay to protect him!

So it must be something Solange did because Beyoncé only protects Jay! When Rihanna was hit by Chris Brown he was infuriated, so I guess he would never hit a woman.

He even picks up her purse from the floor, passes it to Bey and then she passes the purse to her sister, very polite. In the end he puts his finger on his forehead and I think he says something that envolves the word 'crazy', to Solange, this must be some crazy issues that Solange has!

All that rage is too damn ugly, for a singer and woman so beautiful...

V.I.P.

I don't know, Solange is in the show business too and I never got those bad vibes from her. Honestly, she seems a lot more genuine to me than her sister. What I was able to conclude from their social media accounts though is that they have a nice sister relationship, and if this was my sister and my husband fighting, I sure as hell wouldn't be standing there like it's none of my business. How she manages to stay that 'calm' is beyond me.

12-05-2014
backstage pass

^I thought the fact that Beyonce was so calm made her look cold and emotionless. Not sideing with Solange, because we obviously don't know what happened and she shouldn't be hitting people but still.

Also pics of them leaving, Solange looks miserable, and Beyonce is smiling. That kinda irked me :/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attacked, beyonce, jay, physically, sister, solange