How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2007
fashion elite

Jemima Khan and Hugh Grant Split
I know a lot of people find them boring but I oddly care for them (Jemima mostly) so I'm rather sad for her.

Quote:
Hugh Grant and girlfriend Jemima Khan have ended their relationship, Grant's publicist, Robert Garlock, confirms to PEOPLE exclusively.

"Hugh and Jemima have decided to split amicably," says Garlock.

Grant, 46, whose relationship with Elizabeth Hurley ended in 2000, began dating Khan, 33, who has two sons with her ex-husband, cricket-champ-turned-politician Imran Khan, about three years ago.

Grant and Khan were recently together at the London and Los Angeles premieres of his new film, Music and Lyrics.

Last summer, he couple refused to comment on engagement rumors, but a friend of Khan's told PEOPLE, "He's very clever, and she really is funny, witty and quick. They spark off each other perfectly."

In an appearance on ABC's The View that aired Friday morning, Grant brought up Khan when talking about how he's become increasingly "fussy" about fashion: "I used to be a man who played rugby and was relatively butch, and now I watch my girlfriend about to go out for the evening and I'll say, 'The brown shoes, I think.' "

When Barbara Walters noted that he'd been "domesticated" by Khan, whom she described as "pretty attractive and pretty intelligent," Grant said, "I agree with you, I think she's a cracker. She doesn't need my help anyway."

Joy Behar asked, "She's a what?" Replied Grant, "She's a cracker – but that's something different in America."
Source

Last edited by Harumi; 16-02-2007 at 04:15 PM.

16-02-2007
V.I.P.

I guess this isn't that surprising as there's been quite a few storys about them arguing...and I wonder if Hugh's the settling down type?

16-02-2007
V.I.P.

NO! I really thought they would get married.

16-02-2007
front row

I just read an interview with Hugh, (in Vogue me thinks) he talked about how much he loved her, how she was so special, how they were so perfect and happy together. Weird. Anyway, thats quite sad, I thought they were really cute together.

16-02-2007
V.I.P.

i saw music & lyrics last night and i was thinking if they were married yet..

fashion insider

Aww. I like them. Well, actually, I don't really know anything about her, but I've loved Hugh Grant since forever. He always spoke very highly of her; that's really too bad.

17-02-2007
army of lovers

Yay! Now Hugh is all mine...

17-02-2007
V.I.P.

i loved them together....

17-02-2007
trendsetter

Wwow that's really surprising I read the same interview on Vogue , I didn't see it coming I really thought they would get married.

21-02-2007
V.I.P.

Doesn't sound like he's that upset:
From Yahoo! news

Hugh Grant is glad his romance with socialite Jemima Khan is over - because he is happier living the single life.
Grant, 46, and Khan, 33, announced their split last week after nearly three years together, shortly after he declared he had no plans to marry the mother-of-two.
However, the Notting Hill star isn't too upset by the relationship failure, because he loves being a bachelor.
He says, "I'm not saying that men are immune to (the fear of being single), and I think you can occasionally, after a particularly boozy night, sometimes think, 'Bloody hell, I could be 70 and alone and be eaten by my Alsatians!' But you soon get over it."

21-02-2007
trendsetter

I can't imagine Hugh Grant ever completely settled down, but this surprised me nonetheless.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque Marcel
Yay! Now Hugh is all mine...
Nooooo, that's what I was about to say Hey, I got an idea!!! We could share

22-02-2007
backstage pass

i read that Jemima didn't want Hugh to go to Liz Hurley's wedding, and it seems like Jemima didn't Hugh and Liz close relationship but i agree that he isn't much of settling type.

Last edited by funkyflamingo; 22-02-2007 at 02:05 PM.
22-02-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyflamingo
i read that Jemima didn't want Hugh to go to Liz Hurley's wedding, and it seems like Jemima didn't Hugh and Liz close relationship but i agree that he isn't much of settling type.
I think it's adorable how Hugh and Liz have stayed such close friends. Weren't they together for like 14 years or so? And even after his incident. I read that he is the godfather of her child too; they've always spoken very highly of each other and Liz always calls Hugh her "best friend."

If I were Jemima, I'd be wary of their close relationship too. But I'm not, so I think the Hugh and Liz friendship is incredibly sweet.

22-02-2007
VSFS 2009!

I always though Hugh and Liz belonged together.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
grant, hugh, jemima, khan, split