Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-07-2015
V.I.P.

given that she's been trying to pursue her own acting career while also -admittedly by ben himself - raising the 3 kids basically on her own, then she deserves AT LEAST half of what they've acquired in their decade as a family.

personally i wouldnt doubt that it was the stability and support that jennifer and their family offered him that helped ben to settle down and finally achieve his best.

he certainly wasn't making films like "gone baby gone," "the town" or "argo" - or acting in films like "gone girl" - when he was with jennifer lopez!

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
03-07-2015
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
Kate: yes, please send me the link

Wasnt Tom Cruise who filed the divorce papers days before the 10th anniversary in order to pay less to Nicole?
I assume it's a worldwide law that without a prenup the assets adquired after the marriage are divide in half. I think Spielberg had to pay a lot of money when he got divorced cause he got married before he was big and didnt have a prenup.

Noo, it is not a worldwide law, it's called community property, and not all states have it. Having a prenup, or being the primary breadwinner, I believe is what would put a woman in danger of getting nothing. In general, with 'palimony' and whatnot, my understanding is CA is a good state for women.

I'm interested in the blind item too Is it against the rules to post here? I am probably a naÔve RHI reader

03-07-2015
V.I.P.

For you, kokobombon

http://blindgossip.com/?p=70586

hope this helps.

V.I.P.

thanks
so even though they filed for the divorce after the 10th year mark, he's going to try to prove that they separated earlier? if I got that right...
I always thought he was a douche

04-07-2015
V.I.P.

CA too can get dragged out if the seperation isnt amicable, and the distinction over what was acquired prior and during the marriage can be tiring. I dont understand how Jennifer could expose herself to such a scenario. She's over a certain age in a town that despises older women, with nothing special on her resume. So basically, zero prospects. Somehow I get the feeling they'll cut her a raw deal and she'll just accept it and move on because she got primary custody. She doesnt seem like the kind of woman who'll take him to the cleaners.

Last edited by Benn98; 04-07-2015 at 06:18 PM.

04-07-2015
backstage pass

The 10 year thing is a law in California, and there has been a lot of speculation over several celebrity marriages that ended extremely close to their tenth year. It happens so much that it doesn't seem like a coincidence

14-07-2015
windowshopping

Sad to have heard this piece of news weeks ago, but I think this is really proof that snippets of their united front/ "perfect" family life in the media really says nothing about what goes on behind closed doors. Still, sad news

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
affleck, ben, divorce, garner, jennifer