How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-05-2005
trendsetter

Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck Pregnant *Update* Gave Birth to Boy
Jen Garner's Baby on Board

by Marcus Errico
May 7, 2005, 3:05 PM PT

Jennifer Garner's next alias: mommy.

The Alias star is expecting her first child, E! Online and E! News have confirmed.
Multiple sources close to Garner and beau Ben Affleck say the actress is three months along. News of the pregnancy comes just two weeks after several published reports claimed the couple were engaged.

According to E! Online columnist Ted Casablanca, Affleck flew Garner's kin from West Virginia to California in April for his leading lady's 33rd birthday party. The question subsequently was popped in private, Casablanca reported.

At the time Affleck's rep, Ken Sunshine, described said reports as "garbage." On Saturday, Sunshine declined to address the baby news, saying "I never comment on [Affleck's] personal life." There was no immediate word from Garner's camp on the pregnancy or whether a ceremony was in the offing.

Despite having a baby on board, Garner is still keeping to her schedule this summer. Her next big-screen project, Columbia Pictures' romantic drama Catch and Release, begins its two-month shoot next week in Vancouver. The film costars Kevin Smith, Juliette Lewis and Timothy Olyphant and marks the directorial debut of Erin Brockovich screenwriter Susannah Grant.

But Garner's November due date could prove tricky for the Alias brain trust. While ABC's spy thriller is wrapped for the season (the finale airs May 25), the show has been picked up for the fall and is slated to resume production in July. Now, producers must decide how to deal with Garner's pregnancy, either by incorporating it into the show (remember, Sydney's eggs were harvested last season) or just try to hide it. Then again, considering the show's sky-high slinky outfit-to-episode ratio, a burgeoning belly would be hard to conceal. Further complicating matters, Garner performs most of her own stunts.

Affleck, 32, and Garner costarred on screen together before coupling off--he was Daredevil to her Elektra in 2003's Daredevil. (His cameo in this year's Elektra wound up on the cutting-room floor, but is preserved for posterity on the DVD.)

They finally went public with their much-rumored romance last fall at the World Series, when she was spotted snuggling Red Sox diehard Affleck at Boston's Fenway Park. Their pairing was alternately dubbed Garfleck and Bennifer II.

But unlike the original Bennifer tandem of Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, the all-new edition prefers to fly under the radar. The World Series appearance aside, Garner and Affleck have generally managed to eschew being photographed together at red-carpet events.

Garner was previously married to Felicity costar Scott Foley. They split in 2003, and their divorce was finalized in March 2004. They didn't have any children.

The never-wed Affleck previously was engaged to Lopez. That relationship ended with the scuttling of their September 2003 nuptials.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,...0.html?eol.tkr

07-05-2005
trendsetter

I thought she was pregnant like 7 months ago...hm....

I don't think she's pregnant.

07-05-2005
front row

yea, this rumor has been flying around for months. basically if they keep predicting it, eventually they will get it right, and then it's like 'we knew it all along'...

08-05-2005
tfs star

If this is true, congratulation to them !

08-05-2005
trendsetter

Yes, congratulations to them;

I'm a huge Jen fan and I think her and Ben are made for each other....they just do. They'll have a beautiful child. I hope she has a girl. You know, if she IS pregnant.

---Also, would she go get pregnant when she has a 5th season of ALIAS to film during the summer?

08-05-2005
backstage pass

lol bennifer II/ garfleck! LoL LoL LoL

trendsetter

It's like baby mania in Hollywood.

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
08-05-2005
trendsetter

Babies are in now. Little dogs are out.

08-05-2005
rising star

^

08-05-2005
tfs star

all of this just to get back at jlo

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

^

09-05-2005
trendsetter

If it's true, all the best to them. If it isn't, *sigh* when will the press stop making up crap?

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingellecat
Babies are in now. Little dogs are out.
OWNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugobossdaria
all of this just to get back at jlo
ahhh i love both jens. can't they do it a triplo? :p

fashion icon

Babies are a trend in Hollywood so I bet the shirt off my back that Marc ANthony and JLo will soon announce that she is expecting.

09-05-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^
That's an excellent prediction.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
affleck, ben, birth, boy, garner, gave, jennifer, pregnant, update