How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-10-2006
front row

Do you really believe that

10-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin_Chic
Excuse me, have you ever worked in the real world!?

Waiter is one of the worst-paid jobs out there! 6-7 bucks per hour and usually the better the place, the worse the payment - owners justify that by the tips they`re supposed to get! So if waiters are not tipped they`re screwed.

I tip 10-20% for every service I receive. That`s just normal politeness & understanding for other people`s situations! So, if a dead-broke student like me tips everywhere why can`t millionares do it!?
Oh trust me I've worked in the "real" world. I've held down lots of shitty jobs worse than waiting like housekeeping which is friggen nasty even at the nice hotel I worked at. That's how I pay for my degree. Life's tough for everyone these days. I think If I'm gonna give up hard earned money that I need myself just like you the person better have done their job decently at least. I don't pity others because I don't pity myself and I know what it's like to work for nothing. I'm not saying don't tip I'm just saying it's someones generosity if they leave extra money. And if you wanna tip bad service then may it be said "a fool and his money is easily parted".

Last edited by style_savy; 10-10-2006 at 01:33 PM.
10-10-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Jennifer Lopez's hostess row claims

Jennifer Lopez allegedly insulted an airhostess - because she couldn't make her a speciality coffee mid-flight.
The Latin diva is said to have flown into a rage after she asked for a double espresso and was told that they couldn't make her one.
J.Lo, famed for her outrageous demands, took out her frustration on the stunned stewardess, hurling a torrent of hurtful insults at her.

The unnamed hostess is quoted on website AirlineCrew.net as saying: "She yelled at me because I could not make her a double espresso and then she told me my shoes looked cheap."

Lopez has also been added to an online blacklist called the 'S****y Tipper Database' after she left a tip of just $1.27 on $350 restaurant bill in New York.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebri...ims-11975.html

Oh JLO... How bitchy & childish is that!?

I work as a hostess myself and we have strict regulations what shoes we`re allowed to wear - and even if not, I wouldn`t "waste" my Louis Vuitton shoes for work - not even if I served JLO!!!

I love J-LO.

10-10-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Excuse me, have you ever worked in the real world!?

Waiter is one of the worst-paid jobs out there! 6-7 bucks per hour and usually the better the place, the worse the payment - owners justify that by the tips they`re supposed to get! So if waiters are not tipped they`re screwed.

I tip 10-20% for every service I receive. That`s just normal politeness & understanding for other people`s situations! So, if a dead-broke student like me tips everywhere why can`t millionares do it!?
My son is a student and works as a waiter while attending college. He gets less then $3 per hour and relies on tips to make up the difference. For someone to go out to eat and NOT tip a good server is rude and insulting. I believe that if people don't have the money to tip decently, they shouldn't go out to eat!

10-10-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalBabe
My son is a student and works as a waiter while attending college. He gets less then $3 per hour and relies on tips to make up the difference. For someone to go out to eat and NOT tip a good server is rude and insulting. I believe that if people don't have the money to tip decently, they shouldn't go out to eat!
IMO, I think you're right in that people should tip decently, but that's if the service given is standard and satisfactory. There are so many waiters out there for some reason who have something up their butts when the diners actually require service (e.g. change of glasses if dirty etc..). It's when I encounter rude waiters that I decline to tip appropriately.

10-10-2006
front row

Canada might be different... but in some States servers get charged 10% tax for their tips according to the bills they served. So even if you tipped them less than 10% they still have to pay 10% tax for your table.

Last edited by sanura; 10-10-2006 at 03:31 PM.
10-10-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieee12
IMO, I think you're right in that people should tip decently, but that's if the service given is standard and satisfactory. There are so many waiters out there for some reason who have something up their butts when the diners actually require service (e.g. change of glasses if dirty etc..). It's when I encounter rude waiters that I decline to tip appropriately.
I agree, that's why I stated the following: For someone to go out to eat and NOT tip a good server is rude and insulting. I believe that if people don't have the money to tip decently, they shouldn't go out to eat!

Not tipping a good server is just bad manners no matter how you look at it. If people don't like to tip, there's McDonalds, Burger King...

10-10-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanura
Canada might be different... but in some States servers get charged 10% tax for their tips according to the bills they served. So even if you tipped them less than 10% they still have to pay 10% tax for your table.
That's absolutely true! I believe tips should automatically be put on the bill, it is if you have a large party. If the service was bad, then the customer should complain to the manager and the tip could be retracted and the server reprimanded. But then again, there are so many CHEAP people out there, everyone would start complaining just to get their tips refunded .

10-10-2006
V.I.P.

Balbabe maybe you should take your passion towards tipping well here. I'm sure you'll fit in great

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieee12
IMO, I think you're right in that people should tip decently, but that's if the service given is standard and satisfactory.
Agreed. I don't go out to eat to receive half-assed service. I expect at least decent service. I've encountered so many servers that aren't attentive... and that's not only unfair on a customer level, but on a personal level, as well.

But I do tip well, if my service is decent. Rarely is it that I don't tip well...

10-10-2006
Fashionably Late

I sort of believe this story. I always had this keen sense about people and can get a very accurate indication of their personalities right away. It rarely fails me. Of course, I usually only trust it--or get it--when I have had an actual encounter with a person. My J Lo vibes have always ensured me that she is not the nicest woman and is very fake, so much so that I just cannot shake that feeling about her. My feelings were somewhat validified for me when a nun in my NY high school told my class that she taught J Lo when she was in the Bronx (i've mentioned this before on TFS, so please don't think I am a broken record). Anyway, the nun (Sr. Caroline) told us that JLO "was not a nice girl." Now if a NUN can say that..... Then again, the nun could have been lying. Anything is possible these days....

10-10-2006
V.I.P.

Thanks for the info Cosmogrl5. It's kinda funny picturing a nun as gossiping to a classroom of students about JLO.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_savy
Balbabe maybe you should take your passion towards tipping well here. I'm sure you'll fit in great
Yup, I think I've been giving fantastic tips here. Don't go out to eat at restaurants if you're CHEAP .

10-10-2006
fashion insider

I don't believe this story for an instant. Everything i've seen of Jennifer shows that she's a down to earth funny sincere woman who just likes chilling out with her family. This sounds like a load of crap from desperate ugly pathetic women who have nothing else in their lives to fall back on.

10-10-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

Considering the source, I don't believe a single thing!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airhostess, jlo, yells