How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-03-2005
fashion insider

John Casablancas calls Gisele "Monster of Selfishness"
HE'S BACK

JOHN CASABLANCAS stands by his claim that Gisele Bundchen is a "monster of selfishness". The model man, who founded Elite Models 34 years ago before retiring to Brazil five years ago and being tempted back into the business by its new owner, Eddie Trump, in January, is clearly still angry with the model who he is credited with discovering when she was 14-years-old. "When I criticise Saint Gisele it is only to put things on the right perspective," he told the Brazilian paper O Globo. "She behaved badly with people who made everything for her. There are those people who are humble and keep that in mind, and others who pretend they were born superstars." Casablancas, who tore into the 24-year-old model when she defected from Elite to IMG in 2000, also once famously branded Heidi Klum a "German sausage". (March 29 2005, PM)

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/s...4683&date=&sid=

Last edited by Heroin_Chic; 30-03-2005 at 11:57 AM.

30-03-2005
tfs star

she SEEMS like a nice girl. . . and he has slagged off a lot of other models, including heidi klum. and he sucks.

30-03-2005
front row

hahahahhahahaahahaha, german sausage. i've never heard that tidbit before.

30-03-2005
barcode

So....is he saying she's a bitch because she left his agency or is there an actual reason?

30-03-2005
my loves a pony.

He should be over this by now...

30-03-2005
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413
So....is he saying she's a bitch because she left his agency or is there an actual reason?
I'd go with that she left his agency...He did the same thing to Naomi (although she is a "confirmed" bitch)...

30-03-2005
V.I.P.

Is this Julian Casablancas's father? I read that his dad founded Elite.

30-03-2005
barcode

look at the pot calling the kettle bitchy......

30-03-2005
I love model_mom!

He always seems to be bad mouthing models.....

yes

'You may remember that J Casablancas gave a big party in Rio around New Years and it was reported at the time that he was about to return to NYC and manage the new Elite there
Maybe all this happened, but I doubt anyone noticed...

Anyway, JC talked to 'O Globo' in Brazil and he reportedly said - this is no joke, I swear - that the only fashion model right now that closely resembles the classic 'supermodel' - of the Gisele, Cindy C and Naomi C variety - is...Ana Beatriz Barros.

I am not sure whether this is good or bad for Ana - the last big call JC made was advising gorgeous Elsa Benitez to move to Next from Elite - she disappeared from the face of the earth since...

Maybe JC hopes Botox Wintour, Meisel and Co will get blown up in the next Bin Laden strike and things will go back to the way they were in the 90s - otherwise, I don't see how the 'Mary Poppins' crowd in NYC will have anything to do with sensual and attractive women...

The good thing is that JC is not bitter about Ana - who said some nasty things about JC's promises when she left Elite for IMG...

The same cannot be said for Gisele - last month, a Brazilian source reported that JC was thinking about making a 'fashion movie' - the plot would allegedly include a 'Gisele satire'
I guess that means a young Gis puffing on a joint (JC alleged Gis spent most of her time smoking weed once) and visiting a plastic surgeon...'

30-03-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin_Chic
HE'S BACK

JOHN CASABLANCAS stands by his claim that Gisele Bundchen is a "monster of selfishness". The model man, who founded Elite Models 34 years ago before retiring to Brazil five years ago and being tempted back into the business by its new owner, Eddie Trump, in January, is clearly still angry with the model who he is credited with discovering when she was 14-years-old. "When I criticise Saint Gisele it is only to put things on the right perspective," he told the Brazilian paper O Globo. "She behaved badly with people who made everything for her. There are those people who are humble and keep that in mind, and others who pretend they were born superstars." Casablancas, who tore into the 24-year-old model when she defected from Elite to IMG in 2000, also once famously branded Heidi Klum a "German sausage". (March 29 2005, PM)

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/s...683&date=&sid=

Are you sure this article isn't from 5 years ago? This is pretty old news, no?

30-03-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
Are you sure this article isn't from 5 years ago? This is pretty old news, no?
It's on the British Vogue's new section...the website that is

30-03-2005
fashion icon

very strange that it comes up again 5 years later, no?

30-03-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
very strange that it comes up again 5 years later, no?
When did Gisele leave Elite?

30-03-2005
fashion icon

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
calls, casablancas, gisele, john, monster, selfishness