How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

John Galliano For Topshop?
Quote:
Galliano For Topshop?

IS John Galliano set to create a collection for Topshop? Rumours have emerged this week that Arcadia boss Sir Philip Green could be set to give the designer a return to fashion with a collection to follow his friend Kate Moss' collaboration with the high street store.

Perhaps it was when the three fashion powerhouses converged last week at Moss' Cotswolds wedding that the plan was conceived, but discussions - which are said to be in the earliest stages - look set to take place soon.

If Green secures Galliano's signature the deal would be the biggest fashion collaboration ever, overshadowing H&M's famously successful link-ups with Lanvin, Lagerfeld and McCartney - and even Topshop's partnerships with Christopher Kane and Moss herself. The move would be a fashion resurrection for Galliano, currently awaiting judgement for charges of public insult in Paris, especially as his return would be under the wing of Green, one of the country's most influential Jewish businessmen.
vogue.co.uk

08-07-2011
trendsetter

I am not a topshop girl but if John is taking part, why not? Anyway I am very excited for him if it's true

08-07-2011
clever ain't wise

Interesting possibility.

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Topshop Denies Rumored John Galliano Collaboration

John Galliano's next gig could be designing for Topshop, if rumors are to be believed. Vogue UK reports that Sir Philip Green and Galliano — who both attended their mutual friend Kate Moss's wedding last weekend — are in the earliest stages of discussions.

However, this morning Topshop Tweeted: "It's incredible how rumors get started!" And Elle UK talked to the Topshop press office, which denied that they are doing a Galliano collaboration.

Green himself has now commented: "I saw John Galliano at Kate's wedding last Friday. I did not discuss any business with him then, nor have I since."
fashionologie

12-07-2011
backstage pass

yes please!

12-07-2011
girl who fell to earth

i highly doubt this is anything more than a rumor...

i don't think anyone would really be willing to attach themselves to Galliano right now.

12-07-2011
V.I.P.

If an actress was looking to do something radical...particularly an actress who is going to be at one of these upcoming film festivals or even The Emmys, and is known as a fashion vanguard--they would get in touch with John and have him design something. It would be controversial, but very smart.

13-07-2011
front row

if he apologizes for what he did then why can't he get a 2nd chance?

13-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontana View Post
if he apologizes for what he did then why can't he get a 2nd chance?
This.

I can't stand how holier than thou so many people behave these days. As if anyone is perfect! We all make mistakes and its no one's right to judge

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
i highly doubt this is anything more than a rumor...

i don't think anyone would really be willing to attach themselves to Galliano right now.
It has struck me before that a company of Topshop's type might be able to do it.

14-07-2011
backstage pass

He's clearly anti-Semitic, an apology doesn't change that. Racism isn't a mistake, a person chooses to be racist.

But I do agree, Topshop could put his reputation aside.

14-07-2011
backstage pass

He's clearly anti-Semitic? Based off what? He was drunk and said and did something stupid. I'm not willing to call him out as a racist for that. I don't think any of us should. Especially considering none of us were present the night in question nor do any of us know JG personally.

V.I.P.

Yeah everyone deserves a second chance but the issue is serious. I think it might just be a bit too soon.

14-07-2011
backstage pass

^I'm not trying to make light of the situation. I'm very aware of how serious it is. But like you said, everyone deserves a second chance and I sincerely hope JG gets his.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erna View Post
He's clearly anti-Semitic, an apology doesn't change that. Racism isn't a mistake, a person chooses to be racist.
that makes no sense. if he's anti semitic, why he wants to collaborate with Philip Green who is Jew and vice versa?

from what i saw the video, his facial expression was smiling rather than angry while making racist comments. so i'd think he was making fun. he did not really mean it.

whatever the truth is, do not make fun of ppl's ethnicity. we should learn a lesson from this.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
galliano, john, topshop