How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2012
V.I.P.

every single (and nonsingle) girl will be lining up at Johnny's door. Though i dont think he will get serious any time soon. I think vanessa was love of his life or something..

24-06-2012
backstage pass

No 'romance' between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard

Quote:
Since Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis confirmed their split there have been rumours circulating that Mr Depp has been getting serious with his The Rum Diary co-star Amber Heard.

However a source has revealed to Radar Online that there is nothing going on between the pair.

They said: '(Johnny) is not embroiled in some hot and heavy new romance and he has no plans to jump into something straight away.'

Johnny and Vanessa have been in a 14-year relationship and reportedly 'tried for months' to save their relationship but the new source claims the split is not down to Johnny having a new relationship.

As well as being linked to Amber, Depp has been rumoured to been getting close to Eva Green and his own publicist.
marieclaire.uk

V.I.P.

^ Yeah- what man in a mid-life crisis would ever go through a break-up and get involved with a super hot young blonde!!?
And about the money- California is a community property state (if that is their legal residence, which it appears to be) and everybody gets half, in which case we are probably talking about hundreds of millions of dollars...

Last edited by Boomer; 24-06-2012 at 08:04 AM.
24-06-2012
clever ain't wise

Eva seems more his type than Amber...but not really his type, at that.

26-06-2012
Making a Mess

Where did this Amber rumour come from? I thought she had a serious long-term girlfriend...?

scenester

I agree with Lainey that when it comes to the Amber rumours , it's more to do with the "She's too hot to be a lesbian" thing rather than anything concrete. I mean if she looked like Ellen (as in more masculine) would we be even discussing it.

Not to say they didn't do anything - this os hollywood after all.
But just the fact that she was a hot blond co-star makes her the easiest target.
Posted via Mobile Device

27-06-2012
V.I.P.

..and Johnny just made some first moves and it's clear he's trashing down Vanessa on the way..

Lainey's great article on it:
Quote:
Here we go. And we were waiting for it, weren’t we?
This is the cover of the new issue of Us Weekly. Us Weekly is published by Jann Wenner, a good friend of Johnny Depp. Last week I wondered about Us Weekly’s coverage of the situation while every other celebrity magazine has pretty much called him out for his mid-life crisis. This is what I wrote on June 22:
“PEOPLE has taken the lead on this story, jumping out in January as the first to report on the cover no less that Johnny and Vanessa were done. Next week everyone will be getting in on the action. But what about Us Weekly? Depp and Us Weekly owner Jann Wenner are close. If you’re in publishing though, how do you ignore a potential scandal involving one of Hollywood’s biggest stars? After all, you’re also losing money in the process. Keep an eye on that situation.”
The situation, according to Us Weekly, features a poor, poor Johnny Depp. In fact, their cover story is titled:
Johnny’s broken heart
In other words, Vanessa Paradis drove him to it. She was a relentless hag *** bitch. She pushed him to his limits. She made his life miserable.
So OF COURSE he started drinking. OF COURSE he strayed with other women - including, allegedly, an extra on the set of Pirates Of The Caribbean, the one with Penelope Cruz. What choice did he have??? What reasonable man wouldn’t?
According to the magazine:
-V wanted to break up 2 years ago because she was unhappy
-V complained all the time about their low key lifestyle. She didn’t want to stay on a private island and quietly raise their babies. She was bored and restless.
-V was the one who wanted to move to LA and that’s when it all unravelled.
-V was the one who insisted that he make big budget Disney movies because she loved the money. Johnny wasn’t interested but only did them for her.
(Please tell me you’re shaking your head and rolling your eyes now.)
-When those movies became big *** deals, V then resented J for his success.
Says an Us Weekly source:
“Noth¬ing Johnny did was ever good enough for Vanessa. When he was working, she wasn’t happy. And when he wasn’t working, he was called a slob for not doing enough for the kids and her family.”
Frustrated and in pain, the only outlet Johnny had was other woman - someone who played a mermaid in Pirates, maybe Eva Green, Amber Heard, his publicist... it doesn’t matter who. All that matters was that if Vanessa wasn’t such a goddamn c-nt, he wouldn’t have had to find solace somewhere else.
What?
Isn’t that the message here?
Oh but don’t worry. He may have been an emotional mess because he loved Vanessa so much and she’s a miserable bitch but it would never, ever, ever affect his relationship with his children. Johnny, after all, is a PERFECT father, tells a source to Us Weekly:
No matter what was going on between him and Paradis, Depp always made time to see Lily-Rose and Jack. If he had a day off while filming The Tourist in Venice in 2010, he’d fly to France “just so he could have an early breakfast with his kids before being on set the next day.”
Well they certainly left no angle uncovered. And isn’t the angle we’d all prefer to hear? Wouldn’t it be easier to blame the woman, always the woman, and make excuses for the man? Especially when the man is an iconic, beautiful reluctant movie star and brilliant artist? After all, she’s French. She’s a Euro. Euro women, you know, they have all these Euro quirks. And besides, why is she so thin? There must be something wrong with her if she’s so thin. French and thin with a gap between her teeth - oh but she was probably a nightmare to live with, spewing her skinny French words around all the time through her weird gapped teeth...
Don’t you feel sorry for Johnny?
Poor poor Johnny!
She turned him into a money machine and spoiled his creativity. She sent him straight to the bottle. She didn’t hold him enough. She deprived him of L.O.VE.!
Give Johnny a free pass!
Let him jam by night Marilyn Manson and f-ck by day with young Amber Heard and all her lesbian friends. The man has been tortured by that monster for too long. He needs to recover.
Is that who he is now, Johnny Depp? The ******* who’ll let his powerful friends tear down the mother of his children for the sake of his own reputation? Well done Mr Hollywood. Your character is showing.
laineygossip

V.I.P.

Phew! That article packs a punch. But she makes a number of valid points. It's incredibly sad if Johnny had anything to do with this. How could he throw Vanessa to the wolves just to save face? I hope that part, at the end of the article, isn't true.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
27-06-2012
V.I.P.

i doubt it isn't true. his friendship with Wenner is well known, there's no way this article would be out without Johnny's blessing.
showing his true colours i guess...

V.I.P.

Amber broke up with her girlfriend, according to the tabs this week. I won't believe it for certain until I see them out together, looking couple-y. The UK gossips seem to be obsessed with her being the other woman more than US.

27-06-2012
backstage pass

I dont believe ANY of it. from the few I know about Vanessa Paradis, she would not be the one wanting to be in the spotlight, that's for sure...

Making a Mess

Wow this has become messy.

I love Lainey's take on the whole thing. I really hope this is not him showing his true colours. Hollywood is so f*d up sometimes.

V.I.P.

I totally agree with Laniey what a sh*t thing to do but he may not have known they would go with that angle. I think it will be the follow up article in the next US Weekly. Will there actually be one or not. That will be the telling factor.

Personally I don't think hes having it off with Amber.

Hardcore Johnny and Winona fans are getting ideas in their heads lol.

29-06-2012
scenester

lmao merkin - just reminds me of "Jake Gyllenhaals Merkin".

Anyways I think it's more on her side PR wise, like she really has nothing to lose cos it's not like VP was beloved by the public - I think most of the genereal public (ie the target Market of US/Ppl etc) only really knew her as JD's gf. So Amber's team is probably looking at how they can use this as a springboard to bigger things. I doubt JD cares. Like I think he would have preferred for the Amber thing to die down. In the end, it's a win for Amber cos regardles of whether anything actually happened - she is more famous now than she was a couple of months ago.
Posted via Mobile Device

29-06-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomette View Post
I wouldn't believe the rumours about Amber Heard. I've been following her for a while now and IMO those rumors are just part of her new PR strategy to try to get more well-known in the medias.
In the TV news flash they were showing recent footage of Vanessa Paradis denying the rumors. She's quite a good liar
It definitely worked, I've never heard of this woman before this.

If true, what a downgrade! In all ways. I just find it baffling that all this 50 year old men prefer to separate from complex beautiful women, to date this type of generic girls that were not even born when they were at their peak. For what? Is everything reduced to a wrinkle free face and a younger body. He's a fool. I grew up listening, seeing and hearing about Vanessa Paradis, so from my perspective it was never how lucky Vanessa was to get Johnny, but how lucky was Johnny to get Vanessa.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
confirmed, depp, johnny, paradis, rep, split, update, vanessa