How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorette View Post
^ She started by saying more or less what she said in the radio interview - how ridiculous these kinds of rumors are - and then the host explicitly asked if the rumor was true or false and she said it's false.
oh, okay. thanks for the info!

24-01-2012
V.I.P.

I swear I read somewhere that Vanessa and Johnny's agent/pub don't get along or something along those lines. Maybe she jumped the gun with the People info.

24-01-2012
backstage pass

But on the other hand Vanessa is very private, she really isn't the kind of person to announce her break-up in a talk show.. Not that I necessarily believe the rumours.

24-01-2012
backstage pass

I just think it's so sad for Lily-Rose and Jack... They're the ones who'll suffer the most of this. I hate it that some girls on the internet are cheering about this break up. It's so childish.

V.I.P.

Yay I hope it's false!!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
25-01-2012
backstage pass

people mag must feel great right now lol it really dimishes their reputation.

25-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
She started by saying more or less what she said in the radio interview - how ridiculous these kinds of rumors are - and then the host explicitly asked if the rumor was true or false and she said it's false.
that made my day happy!!!

25-01-2012
V.I.P.

Just in from Us Weekly...

Don't believe la rumeur!
Vanessa Paradis has broken her silence about a recent magazine cover story claiming she and Johnny Depp were living separate lives on separate continents after nearly 14 years and two kids (Lily-Rose, 12, and Jack, 9) together.

The French singer-actress, 39, finally slammed the breakup rumor on Wednesday while promoting her new film Cafe de Flore on French TV show Grand Journal. "Yes it's false - of course it's false!"

"People say we are buying houses in the middle of nowhere, or that we have fifty two houses in France," the star said of rampant rumors about life with Depp, 48. "All [of those rumors are] not too serious, but this latest one is a rumor which could cause a lot of harm to my family and my children."

"These magazines end up in the fireplace or the toilet," she added of the recent cover story.
Dating since 1998, Depp and Paradis have never wed. "I'd be so scared of ruining her last name. She's got such a good last name," Depp joked back in 2010.

"I never found myself needing that piece of paper," the Rum Diaries star explained. "Marriage is really from soul to soul, heart to heart. You don't need somebody to say, okay you're married."

25-01-2012
clever ain't wise

Sounds like they have some issues to sort out in private. At least they're in Europe most of the time (I think) - there they should have more of a chance at that...

26-01-2012
V.I.P.

I knew InTouch would be all over this angle -

intouchweekly.com

26-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Sounds like they have some issues to sort out in private. At least they're in Europe most of the time (I think) - there they should have more of a chance at that...
they spend most of their time in LA. the kids go to school there and vanessa said they don't want to move them because their friends are there. when they are in france its when there is school holidays. moreover johnny said he dont want to spend a lot of time in france because he doesnt want to pay taxes here. im sure they can work things out in la if they have problems. they have been living there for a long time .

26-01-2012
V.I.P.

i think they moved permanently to LA recently. Johnny said it's cus of the taxation they left France.

Lainey has an interesting point of view about this sudden "turn", if you're interested:
Quote:
But PEOPLE Magazine said it was over!

And PEOPLE Magazine wouldn’t say it was over if it wasn’t over, right?

Vanessa Paradis appeared on a French talk show the other day and was asked about the reports that she and Johnny Depp are done. Her response:

“People say we are buying houses in the middle of nowhere, or that we have fifty two houses in France. And that is along with saying we split up every winter and get married every summer, and that I'm on my twelfth pregnancy. All that is not too serious, but this latest one is a rumour which could cause a lot of harm to my family and my children.”

She kinda went on for a bit from there...so then the presenter pressed her:

“Why don't you respond to the rumour and put an end to it? Is the rumour false?'

Vanessa finally answered, “Yes it's false - of course it's false.” (Source)

Is it?

Here’s what’s interesting to me about the entire situation, and PEOPLE’s bold declaration on the cover of last week’s issue...

Vanessa’s people, her friends, any “sources” tied to her, would never have talked to PEOPLE. Remember, she’s not the Hollywood player with the big Hollywood game. That’s his business. And that’s 100% his move. Or the move of a savvy publicist who is strategically putting pieces on the board so as to slowly, slowly, meticulously extricate her client out of what may become a tricky situation.

Oh...

Johnny...

Is that who you are now?

Because if his people are the ones feeding MiniVan-friendly magazines exclusive tips about the split, and she’s publicly denying them, it sounds like there’s one person who wants to walk, and another who wants to save. And Johnny doesn’t seem like he’s interested in Saving...

Anything but Money.

Is this...about money???

When it comes to Johnny Depp, it’s more often about the money than not. Perhaps even more so these days than Brad Pitt and George Clooney. How did this happen?

Last edited by dajrekshn; 26-01-2012 at 01:24 PM.
27-01-2012
rising star

it's not looking good for Johnny!

27-01-2012
backstage pass

it makes him look awful. i'm not saying what lainey says is true but it is interesting to read. time will tell and hopefully everything will be alright. they seem good from what vanessa said.

12-02-2012
V.I.P.

The plot thickens...

Johnny Depp’s $4 Million Dollar “personal life”

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
confirmed, depp, johnny, paradis, rep, split, update, vanessa