How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2006
fashion insider

Just when you thought Papa Jo couldn't get any creepier
This man needs help like you wouldn't believe.

Jessica and Ashlee Simpson's dad, Joe Simpson, has reportedly become a paparazzi to make some side cash and to influence how his daughters are portrayed in the media.
According to sources who've had recent dealings with him, Simpson has a tight working arrangement with WireImage, the mega-agency and wire service that rules the red-carpet at nearly every high-profile event in the western hemisphere. On several occasions, a camera-wielding Simpson has gone toe-to-toe with other snappers for shots of his own daughters, then approved only his own images for distribution through WireImage. At other times, he has provided the agency with exclusive (and even racy) shots of his daughters on family getaways or in other putatively private moments. Needless to say, other photographers aren't happy. One recalled being invited to cover an event sponsored by Jessica's record label, Epic, only to find her shots blocked again and again by Joe and his Nikon. "I thought it was really odd that he was always in my way, since I was the one who was paid to be there shooting," she says. Though the freelancer did manage to get some clean shots, Joe's were the only ones WireImage deemed worthy of being distributed.

supeficial.com

20-09-2006
scenester

What the hell is wrong with thier family? Why won't they disappear already. I hope this is a publicity stunt and he's not serious. Fing Creepy.

20-09-2006
V.I.P.

I'm just surprised Joe hasn't been announced as a child=molester.

But satisfaction brought it back
20-09-2006
fashion insider

Ugh, he is getting really out of hand. This isn't good for the girls' careers either. They always say that crazy stage parents end up destroying their children's careers because no one wants to deal with the insane parent.

What does he need the money for anyway? Jessica is huge right now and I'm sure Joe is getting a hefty amount of it

VSFS 2009!

he just gets creepier and creepier....

20-09-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess
I'm just surprised Joe hasn't been announced as a child=molester.
I just fell out of my chair laughing at that one. KARMA.

20-09-2006
V.I.P.

I just think the man needs a hobby. Obviously he's very into his daughters careers and loves them dearly. But I have a feeling he's the kind of parent that must dominate your life because they think they know whats best for you. It's always great to have parents try and guide you in life to their best beliefs but I'm pretty sure papa jo is the captain of his girls ships. One thing for sure is that Jessica's celebrity status did not jet off until Joe quit ministering and took over managing her. So he must be doing something right.

V.I.P.

That's odd. It's hard to believe he was once a minister.

20-09-2006
doldrums

This is sick and wrong... anything for money.

20-09-2006
Deep Red Bells

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan38
That's odd. It's hard to believe he was once a minister.
Someone else thinks that too ( a reverend) :

Their father has replaced his faith in the Lord with the love of money, which is the root of all evil. He has replaced holiness with horniness. Jessica and Ashlee will reap the dismal crops they are sowing. Their breasts will sag and their faces will wither and they will be left with nothing but a hollow shell. They don't represent American standards and certainly not Christian standards

20-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish

Their father has replaced his faith in the Lord with the love of money, which is the root of all evil. He has replaced holiness with horniness. Jessica and Ashlee will reap the dismal crops they are sowing. Their breasts will sag and their faces will wither and they will be left with nothing but a hollow shell. They don't represent American standards and certainly not Christian standards
That had me rolling!

20-09-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish

That tops eternitygoddess's comment in terms of making me laugh like a hyena.

Excellent. Comedy genius. Thanks brokenenglish for sharing.

I never got over how Papa Joe said how 'sexy my daughters are' and 'how they have great tits'. That's just all kinds of wrong.

20-09-2006
fashion insider

Why is Joe Simpson allowed in the country but Roman Polanski isn't I wonder....double standard. >_>;

Seriously though I don't even understand why Jessica is famous, she is average looking and can't sing a note to save her life. The fact that her father is mentally disturbed just makes her fame even worse.

20-09-2006
fashion insider

Why have Dave LaChapelle photograph you when Daddy can sell the family snapshots!?

I give that entire family 2 years until total obscurity. Nobody managed to degrade themselves faster than these guys!

20-09-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

hmm...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
creepier, jo, papa, thought