How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-02-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelista View Post
Yep.. She was born in 1992. He was born in 1982..

So basically he's a 30yr old MAN & she's not even out of her teens yet
Posted via Mobile Device
I know age is just numbers and blah blah, but I think at the ages they are this age gap still makes a difference. Luckily Karlie is already twenty, anything less would be

IDK if it`s just me, but when man in her 30s wants to date so much younger girl, it always makes me think if he is some socially "unskilled", I don`t find right word... If he is like stuck in his own youth. Really much happens between 20 and 30, which creates much of one`s personality. But I am not saying 30 yo is old, by no means. Rather that 20 yo can be really childlike (teen like maybe) in her emotional actions. If the age difference is between 35-45, it is definitely different.

But Karlie has been around a long time, in the world where she has needed to grow little faster, so no doubt she is very mature and smart girl. But it still doesn`t change the fact that their emotional growing is at very different stage.

But what the heck, it is not my business, sorry for the analysis

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ Well, I tend to agreed more with Karl Lagerfeld, who is always surrounded by young people- they can keep you in the 'now' more with their freshness and enthusiasm; lots of people 'of a certain age' tend to spend a lot of time in the 'remember back when things were good?' routine...

05-02-2012
tfs star

^Yep, I am sure about that. But that wasn`t my point, 30 yo doesn`t "need" anyone to keep him in the "now" if you know what I mean. And. girl in her 20s (or 19) has lot of growing to do, no matter the circumstances. It is different when man in her 40 or 50s wants to keep fresh with about 30 yo, ADULT woman.

But hey, this is not serious, maybe the dating itself is not either And I don`t want to patronize Karlie, as I already said (and should have listened myself ) it is not my business at all, or make her a child. Just threw in my two cents

Last edited by TommyGirl; 05-02-2012 at 12:48 PM.

05-02-2012
front row

I don't see what's the big deal is anymore. The fashion and entertainment industry is littered with younger woman-older man relationships. Let's be honest, whenever these older straight men attend fashion shows, they want these younger models. If you cast a big enough fishing net, you'll most certainly catch a fish or two.
I think Karlie dating a older man is good thing for her because it will probably add some maturity to her personality and sexuality.
Posted via Mobile Device

07-02-2012
tfs star

Well guess it is not a big deal, but here where I come from, we usually laugh at men in their 30s who dates some teenager (altough not underage). Their girlfriends doesn`t kinda fit in the group. When I was nineteen I didn`t think think this way, but now that I am nearing 30, 19 yo girls sound and look pretty damn young

This is what is so warped in high fashion, in editorials they look so sensual and a lot older than their age. But when you see them irl, or in normal pictures, they are not yet a women.

07-02-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
I don't see what's the big deal is anymore. The fashion and entertainment industry is littered with younger woman-older man relationships. Let's be honest, whenever these older straight men attend fashion shows, they want these younger models. If you cast a big enough fishing net, you'll most certainly catch a fish or two.
I think Karlie dating a older man is good thing for her because it will probably add some maturity to her personality and sexuality.
Posted via Mobile Device
This is so spot on, I bet they also sit in the second or third row.
I don't think that is Karlie's case, but since I don't know a whole lot of the guy in question, Im no rushing to make a judgement.

08-02-2012
tfs star

So 30 is considered old? I should prepare myself then. Also, 20 year-old's are NOT teenagers. They're fully grown and capable human beings.

30 is anything BUT old. Having been in the industry Karlie is in, she has a great head on her shoulders and seems very mature with a great career going on for her.

Someone may be 30, but it doesn't mean they don't have the compatibility with someone much younger. I'm 22 and I'll easily date someone that is 30. I simply prefer someone that has a bit more experience in life and has something going on for them. They're more well rounded and stable. I find a lot of people who are in their 20's can be rather immature. And people who are in their 30's may find the spontaneity of someone younger to be attractive. It doesn't mean they have some sick fetish.

It's about personality. And besides, Eddie easily passes for a 20 year old.

08-02-2012
front row

Have you seen early twenties people recently? Yeah, they're technically adults, but society has trained them to not grow up until as late as possible; thus, many are seriously lacking maturity. So, it is quite understandable for the few early twenties people who do have maturity, which is what I am assuming Karlie Kloss is, to prefer relationships with older people who are more grown-up than the majority of the people in their own age group.
Posted via Mobile Device

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

really! Eddie Redmayne is hot

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

I'm NOT taking a stand either way cuz it's their life to do with but technically Karlie IS still a teen...

She doesn't turn 20yrs old until August of this yr
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by modelista; 08-02-2012 at 09:29 PM.

08-02-2012
trendsetter

It isn't like he spotted her on the playground and lured her into a white van with a lollipop, all this talk of her being a teen and him being a creepy old man is ridiculous especially if it isn't something that's 'official'.

08-02-2012
trendsetter

^ I agree. It's not like she's underage, she's considered a legal adult and if she wants to date Eddie then it's her choice.

10-02-2012
backstage pass

There's some rumors going around that Eddie just had a relationship (or there was something and it's over, or there never was something or blah blah who knows with these things) with Taylor Swift, who he's working on the newest Les Miserables adaptation with. So maybe this is just some publicity stuff to get them all some publicity? My guess is that this is what it is, some publicity to try to get Eddie more well known/well liked by the American public? I mean could you pick any two girls who were more "All American Sweetheart" than the clean image of Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift?

If this is the case, you know what, it's working isn't it? I don't mind it at all seeing as his two professions are acting and modelling...

11-02-2012
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightclubbing View Post
He's an incredibly sweet and talented guy, so if this is for real? I totally approve!
DITTO! Love him, love her, and totally love that spread they did.

11-02-2012
less is more

Quote:
Originally Posted by breebee View Post
There's some rumors going around that Eddie just had a relationship (or there was something and it's over, or there never was something or blah blah who knows with these things) with Taylor Swift, who he's working on the newest Les Miserables adaptation with. So maybe this is just some publicity stuff to get them all some publicity? My guess is that this is what it is, some publicity to try to get Eddie more well known/well liked by the American public? I mean could you pick any two girls who were more "All American Sweetheart" than the clean image of Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift?

If this is the case, you know what, it's working isn't it? I don't mind it at all seeing as his two professions are acting and modelling...
The Taylor/Karlie thing is the more interesting angle for me. Only a month or so ago, Taylor was saying how she wanting to bake pies and be friends with Karlie, and Karlie tweeted her 'your place or mine', or something to that effect.

So, if Taylor and Eddie were indeed dating, and now Eddie is with Karlie, it kind of throws a spanner in the whole Karlie/Taylor friendship.

Also, does anyone think Taylor & Karlie are quite similar looks-wise? Could be his type...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bradford, dating, karlie, kloss, sam