How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-04-2012
trendsetter

Frankly, outside the States, very few people would know who Sam Bradford is. Baseball is an American sport, and unlike tennis isn't watched or played much in Europe, Asia etc.

Ditto with Karlie. Outside the high fashion circle, I doubt many would know who she is. Your average Joe in London ain't going to know either of them, just like how the average Joe in LA isn't going to know who Mario Balotelli is.

20-04-2012
fashion icon

Karlie and Sam are both Americans so most of us were speaking of their relative fame here in the States. I don't expect most people abroad to know who either one of them is. Even still most people in the U.S. might only find out who Karlie is by virtue of her dating a famous athlete rather than through her modeling. Dating athletes, actors and singers is usually the best way for a model to become well-known outside of fashion circles in the U.S.

21-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
Most people outside of fashionistas in the U.S. probably have no idea who Karlie Kloss is but I'm guessing a lot of people know who Sam Bradford is-- I mean the dude won the Heisman and is a QB in the NFL.

I think Karlie wants to be the next Gisele. She seems to be modeling her career after Gisele by forcing the "sexy" image and aligning herself with actors, Victoria's Secret and now dating an NFL star. Karlie is a great high fashion model but I don't see her having the classic beauty or body to attain a high level of mainstream appeal. I was looking at pics of her at Coachella on her thread and there's no way she should be anywhere near a VS or swimsuit runway.

I guess Sam Bradford is supposed the be her Tom Brady but unfortunately she and Sam aren't as attractive a couple as Gisele and Tom.
If you think about it you don't really need 'conventional' good looks to become famous in the media , Gisele and Kate Moss are hardly 'classic' beauties

22-04-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavonine View Post
Frankly, outside the States, very few people would know who Sam Bradford is. Baseball is an American sport, and unlike tennis isn't watched or played much in Europe, Asia etc.

Ditto with Karlie. Outside the high fashion circle, I doubt many would know who she is. Your average Joe in London ain't going to know either of them, just like how the average Joe in LA isn't going to know who Mario Balotelli is.
Sam Bradford is a football player not a baseball player but I see your point. Baseball is very popular in Latin America and Asian countries and football in very popular in North America.
I wonder why the fashion industry is trying to sell Karlie as this ultimate sex symbol? Kate Moss was more of a fashion icon than a sex one and I do see the Gisele comparisons (not physically but career wise).
Posted via Mobile Device

22-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
Sam Bradford is a football player not a baseball player but I see your point. Baseball is very popular in Latin America and Asian countries and football in very popular in North America.
I wonder why the fashion industry is trying to sell Karlie as this ultimate sex symbol? Kate Moss was more of a fashion icon than a sex one and I do see the Gisele comparisons (not physically but career wise).
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry, my bad. But my point remains.

Honestly, I don't think American football is watched anywhere else other than the States/North America. The way I understand football is Americans call soccer - which is played all around the world (maybe not so much in North America and Asia). As for baseball being popular in Asia... I dunno. I mean, I used to work in Asia and don't quite remember baseball being much of a frenzy there, but I could be wrong.

22-04-2012
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
I'm all for any model having great ambitions, but it just seems like she's trying to tread the same path that other people have taken, but somehow, the formula doesn't really 'fit' her.

She needs to find her own unique selling points and have a realistic grasp of how far she can sell that face and that body - and to what audience.

Some models are made for Playboy, while for others, the alternative magazines come calling. There may be no point chasing the readership of GQ when you truly come alive on the pages of Vogue. Yes, you can try to have it all, but in the end, it's not that easy to be Gisele and do everything. She made it look easy.

22-04-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I'm all for any model having great ambitions, but it just seems like she's trying to tread the same path that other people have taken, but somehow, the formula doesn't really 'fit' her.

She needs to find her own unique selling points and have a realistic grasp of how far she can sell that face and that body - and to what audience.

Some models are made for Playboy, while for others, the alternative magazines come calling. There may be no point chasing the readership of GQ when you truly come alive on the pages of Vogue. Yes, you can try to have it all, but in the end, it's not that easy to be Gisele and do everything. She made it look easy.
This, I think she and her agency are trying to follow the "white book" of the Supermodels *cof Gisele cof*, and I don't think she needs it.
Now who knows and maybe those two really like each other, but I can't help to think those two make an odd couple.

23-04-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavonine View Post
Sorry, my bad. But my point remains.

Honestly, I don't think American football is watched anywhere else other than the States/North America. The way I understand football is Americans call soccer - which is played all around the world (maybe not so much in North America and Asia). As for baseball being popular in Asia... I dunno. I mean, I used to work in Asia and don't quite remember baseball being much of a frenzy there, but I could be wrong.
I know not all of Asia but it's popular in Japan and South Korea. Even if Karlie is more well known than Sam some cricles, Sam's popularity is more dependent on what he does on the football field than who he's dating. As others have said, a model's popularity and her career can definetely get a boost depending on which celebrity, athlete, and singer she's dating.

02-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomette View Post
Some people here used the word "supermodel" for Karlie but she's not there yet. It definitely looks like her agents want to make her exist outside of the fashion circle though and gossip is a good start. I mean this thread for a rumored fling with an actor that isn't even super famous and without one random spotting or blurry picture to speculate on is already 3 pages long right? First there were the pictures with the Jonas brother, then the rumors about Di Caprio and Redmayne and now there's the speculation she's trying to raise with her "today was a game changer" tweet. I wish she would let her work alone create the buzz like it happened for her Vogue Italia spread.

(And it's funny to read people assuming Eddie Redmayne or his people are trying to get publicity with this kind of things because I really believe he's not the type but he's been everywhere these past weeks so it's not surprising there are some rumors about him.)
I know not even one picture with any of the rumored men! I keep asking this question but the mods keep deleting it on her page, how many guys has Karlie dated exactly over her career?

02-01-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
I know not even one picture with any of the rumored men! I keep asking this question but the mods keep deleting it on her page, how many guys has Karlie dated exactly over her career?
If you are, in fact, wondering why such comments would be deleted in her thread - it's because rumors belong in RHI, not in the model's/star's thread.

It's a good question, though. Karlie is definitely set to become a supermodel of Giselian proportions, so it will be interesting to see if she can play her dating cards well.

02-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
If you are, in fact, wondering why such comments would be deleted in her thread - it's because rumors belong in RHI, not in the model's/star's thread.

It's a good question, though. Karlie is definitely set to become a supermodel of Giselian proportions, so it will be interesting to see if she can play her dating cards well.
I know but both of the times I made those comments because there were other comments before mine about her dating rumors and they hadn't been deleted so I thought it would be appropriate.

About her 'dating cards', I have to agree with Fantomette that her agents want to make her exist outside of the fashion circle through gossip because there are five pages of speculation in this thread without a single picture (except Sam's and they are not even that intimate)

02-01-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post

I know she's trying to cast herself in the same mould as Gisele, but I just don't think she has the nous to hack it. Gisele was truly sexy; Karlie doesn't have an ounce of sex appeal. She belongs to the world of high-fashion, not the runways of VS or the pages of GQ, no matter how hard people try to make her 'happen'.

She may, in all likelihood, go on to even become a VS Angel, especially if she's friends with people who can pull strings, but I'd be flabbergasted if she becomes the next Gisele or Kate.

02-01-2013
tfs star

I agree, Karlie is just so nice and cute, not sexy for me IMO.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bradford, dating, karlie, kloss, sam