How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-11-2008
V.I.P.

Karolina Kurkova's Missing Bellybutton
Victoria's Secret model Karolina Kurkova and the riddle of her missing belly button
dailymail.com

Victoria's Secret model Karolina Kurkova put her bombshell curves on show during a photo shoot in Miami over the weekend, but it was her peculiar belly button that was attracting all the attention.
The Czech blonde's unusual navel had onlookers perplexed as she frolicked on the beach over the weekend in a tiny white bikini.

It's not the first time her almost non-existent belly button has drawn attention.
A source has revealed magazine and catalogue art directors routinely airbrush one in for in post-production.

'Karolina’s body is amazing, but her belly button is unusual,' a fashion insider told Page Six magazine.
'It disappears in photos, so we keep a collection of belly button shots in different positions, and Photoshop them on to her whenever she’s doing a bikini picture.'

Still, if she was at all self-conscious, she didn't let it show as she posed up on the foreshore.
The following day she was she was once again strutting her stuff at the lingerie company's catwalk extravaganza.
She was among the 35 Victoria's Secret models to hit the runway, including Heidi Klum and Orlando Bloom's current flame, Australian Miranda Kerr.

R&B singer Usher opened the show at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel where the front row was filled with stars including Paris Hilton, John Stamos, Kim Kardashian, Martha Stewart and Klum's husband, Seal.

Karolina, who has appeared in campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent, Ralph Lauren, Oscar de la Renta, Chanel and Balenciaga, remains one of the most in-demand models.
Her advocates include photographer Mario Testino, designer Marc Jacobs and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, who dubbed once dubbed her 'the next supermodel.'

While her popularity shows no sign of slowing down, she hopes to cross over into acting.

She recently filmed a small part in Sienna Miller's upcoming action move G.I. Joe, which is scheduled for release next year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg karolina1.jpg (30.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg karolina2.jpg (26.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg karolina3.jpg (71.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg karolina4.jpg (30.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg karolina5.jpg (29.8 KB, 33 views)

17-11-2008
scenester

I know! I have totally been wondering whats with her bellybutton, maybe she had plastic surgery gone wrong?

17-11-2008
tfs star

I have never seen anything like this before

17-11-2008
V.I.P.

Why is this just starting to make headlines?. She's had it like that since 2001 at least.. I remember discussing that with a friend around that time. it's kind of irrelevant now..

tfs star

This has already been discussed at VSFS 2008-thread. You know, we all got different navels, it depends on how midwife ( or doc or whatever ) cut one`s cord after the birth.

And that VS-ad, I`ve heard that they photoshop someone else`s navel to Karolina`s pics that it would look more like others`. So I don`t believe she had palstic surgery.

17-11-2008
V.I.P.

Maybe she's an alien in which case she wouldn't have one.

17-11-2008
V.I.P.

Do you have any idea how much you scared me? OMG, lol. On the main page, you could just read "Karolina Kurkova's missing". And I thought she was actually missing. Whew.

fashion icon

doesn't patricia heaton (sp? the lady from that show with the raymond guy) also have a no belly button due to surgery?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Do you have any idea how much you scared me? OMG, lol. On the main page, you could just read "Karolina Kurkova's missing". And I thought she was actually missing. Whew.
that's what I thought.

17-11-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom View Post
MM always has a helpful theory

It looks totally unnatural in the beach photos ... like there's putty or something in there

17-11-2008
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
doesn't patricia heaton (sp? the lady from that show with the raymond guy) also have a no belly button due to surgery?
when i saw the KK pics i instantly thought of patricia

17-11-2008
V.I.P.

apparently a lot of rich people that have an "outie" bellybutton opt to have surgery on it to turn it into an "innie".

could this have happened to kurkova?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom View Post

^....:p

17-11-2008
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
apparently a lot of rich people that have an "outie" bellybutton opt to have surgery on it to turn it into an "innie".

could this have happened to kurkova?
i dont think so, or at least id expect her to have it fixed by now. The woman uses the looks on her body of a living (not that shes taking much care of it nowadays) Its funny to look at though, specially in the pic with all the models in their white bikinis on miami beach. it stands out a little too much

17-11-2008
backstage pass

The first thing that I thought of ...
KAROLINA XY

Source: curcira.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bellybutton, karolina, kurkova, missing