How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2006
V.I.P.

Karrina Steffans: Tyra slept her way to the top

I watched Tyra Banks today and saw her interview this author of the best seller Confessions of a Video Vixen, Karrine Steffans. Her book is a tell all about all the famous men she's slept with and basically how messed up the lime light can be. Tyra kind of attacked her in their interview and Karrine was very flustered by the end looking like she wanted to punch Tyra in the face. Anyways I did a search on her found this interview. I believe what she says just because she is so brutally honest but some of you may not. Here are some clips of her interview to read in full go to this site: http://aalbc.com/reviews/karrine_steffans.htm.

Interviewed by Kam Williams
aalbc.com

KW: You recently had a tiff with Tyra Banks during the taping of her new talk show. Do you care to share your side of it?
KS: There are a few things that tend to infuriate me. One is ignorance, because I have become accustomed to speaking to very intelligent people like Gore Vidal and Al Franken on a regular basis, since dating Bill Maher.
Therefore, when Iím in an interview with someone who is not intelligent, but flat-out ignorant, idiotic and stupid, or just an ***, it really gives me a headache.
KW: So, how do you deal with jerks like that?
KS: Iíve walked out on interviews, when theyíre so beneath me and what Iím trying to say. And then there are people like Tyra who are hypocrites. Women especially, who have slept their way through their whole careers. And itís not a secret within the Hollywood circle.
KW: So, Tyraís been around the block.
KS: Iíve always heard about it from men weíve both slept with.
KW: Iíd think that the two of you should have had a great conversation in that case, swapping stories.
KS: No, not 15 years later, now that she has her own talk show where sheís well-groomed, all made up, and has on a $5,000 wig. Donít get me wrong, Tyraís done well for herself. You have to applaud her for all that sheís achieved, coming from that model world, and expanding, which is wonderful.
But letís not pretend that you havenít done some of the people and things that Iíve done.
KW: So, Tyra didnít want to Ďfess up?
KS: Anyone in that position, in an interviewerís position, to do it well, should always remain objective. Thatís part of the job.
KW: So, you feel that she attacked you instead of interviewing you?
KS: When someone talks to me, and theyíre personally attacking me, because thereís someone in my book that sheís been with, because of the people that sheís slept with that we have in common. When youíre making me seem like the bad one, like only Iíve slept around, like only Iíve dated famous people, then I find it necessary to say what youíve done. We should just be honest.
KW: So, she made it personal?
KS: Yeah, and then I felt the need to get personal back.
KW: So, are you saying Tyra slept her way to the top?
KS: I have a list of names of people thatí sheís been with, including women.
Letís not go there, because I am the truth-teller. And Iíll tell it all. So, hopefully, she realizes that now, and sheíll stay clear out of my way.

13-01-2006
catch me if you can

I did see this interview and Tyra was being bitchy to her, which kind of suprised me. I usually dont see her like that on tv; except for the time she freaked out on a contestant on ANTM. Seemed like she was being bitchy b/c she could've been hiding something...

V.I.P.

from offical site

tfs star

I saw that show. I don't think Tyra really "attacked" her. She just didn't seem to believe her reasons for writing the book.

Last edited by Sugarmama; 13-01-2006 at 10:45 PM.
13-01-2006
V.I.P.

As a daytime talk show host it's unproffesional to invite someone on your show and defy them and straight up call them a liar. That's more of something for Larry King Live or Barbara Walters. In my opinion anyways.

found some more pics of her

(blaque)

Last edited by style_savy; 13-01-2006 at 10:57 PM.
13-01-2006
V.I.P.

One on the one hand this woman dated Bill Maher, who is essentially Satan.

On the other hand I hate Tyra. Tyra has the WORST personality problems. She really needs heavy therapy.

13-01-2006
trendsetter

Ugh, this woman is so tacky and low class. She has the nerve to try and portray herself as a woman of superior intelligence and taste. She made a career of being half naked in degrading videos, now she is extending her 15 minutes by dishing about it. And as is typical of Black women (unfortunately), she is stabbing another Black woman in the back. What Tyra Banks did or didn't do to further her career is not her business, and it definitely isn't the public's business, unless Tyra decides to make it so. She speaks of being "honest"-sometimes there is such a thing as too much information. I think she is jealous because Tyra has done so much better than her.

I found it funny that she commented on Tyra's expensive wig, yet she herself is sporting purchased hair She seems to have cleaned up nicely too

User Friendly

Thats interesting!.. I really need to start watching the Tyra banks show... lol..

13-01-2006
tfs star

^^That is unfair to say, "as typical as it is for black women." Anyways, I think Karine is overreacting. Did she expect only positive reactions?

Last edited by Sugarmama; 13-01-2006 at 11:21 PM.
13-01-2006
V.I.P.

What I found contradicting about Tyra in the interview is that the last episode I watched of hers was all about sisterhood and looking out for other women and then she is very arrogant in this interview with Karrina. Anyways yeah this woman doesn't appear to be one to take seriously but she was very articulate and poised during the interview so I really don't know what to think.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolie coco
One on the one hand this woman dated Bill Maher, who is essentially Satan.

On the other hand I hate Tyra. Tyra has the WORST personality problems. She really needs heavy therapy.
Amen!

13-01-2006
front row

Tyra is a cow... That's not even funny!

14-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_savy
KW: So, are you saying Tyra slept her way to the top?
And so did a lot of top models to become successful It was more like rape, to be honest. Snore.

And for someone who hangs out with intelligent people, she sure looks like trash bathing with glitter that 12 year olds use. I didn't know that people used the words "hanging out" as a euphemism. Gosh, I guess I can't say that I'm "hanging out" with anyone anymore. The conversations aren't too oral.

Last edited by fouroclock; 14-01-2006 at 12:09 AM.
14-01-2006
V.I.P.

ummm kayy... yah. why women let themselves be photographed in such a demeaning manner is beyond me. i'm a little surprised about tyra, she always seems so uppity & self-righteous on ANTM but you never know...

tfs star

i've never even heard of this women but after reading that interview she just seems like a b**** to me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
karrina, slept, steffans, tyra