How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
what exactly are your credentials to be able to be so critcal about drug abuse?
I'm human! I know right from wrong. How's that for a credential? Should I be some doctor to be able to criticize the danger she put herself, her career, and her child in? Knowing that nothing in her life stays private, she threw herself to the critics.

Quote:
Yes she has perhaps been negligent but seriously...
"PERHAPS"? you are one of the people who feels that just because she is a celebrity she should get a slap on the wrist and move on, arent you? When you make the same stupid mistake twice and still haven't learned your lesson than being "negligent" is a bit of an understatement!

Quote:
Please don't comment on stuff that you probably know so VERY little about.
I know what her irresponsibility let the public know and that is all I need to know to comment. By the way, a little hypocritical seeing as you know VERY little about me.

Quote:
She does a job and she had a private life and she should be able to have that.
She does a job? Her job is to maintain the image that she was contracted to maintain and she DIDNT do that which is why she was dropped by so many labels. And no, she doesnt have a private life and she should know that with the career she signed up for.

02-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
bloody hell.. critical! sorry - what exactly are your credentials to be able to be so critcal about drug abuse? Yes she has perhaps been negligent but seriously... Please don't comment on stuff that you probably know so VERY little about. She does a job and she had a private life and she should be able to have that.
Calm Down...

02-03-2006
fashion icon

Let's move from the drug talk, please...

02-03-2006
backstage pass

I personally think Kate is in a league of her own - compared to Daria and, say, Gemma... who are both great models... but I doubt will have the same staying power.

03-03-2006
V.I.P.

Yep, none of the models of today have the same quality Moss had.

03-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesElectric
I'm human! I know right from wrong. How's that for a credential? Should I be some doctor to be able to criticize the danger she put herself, her career, and her child in? Knowing that nothing in her life stays private, she threw herself to the critics.

"PERHAPS"? you are one of the people who feels that just because she is a celebrity she should get a slap on the wrist and move on, arent you? When you make the same stupid mistake twice and still haven't learned your lesson than being "negligent" is a bit of an understatement!

I know what her irresponsibility let the public know and that is all I need to know to comment. By the way, a little hypocritical seeing as you know VERY little about me.

She does a job? Her job is to maintain the image that she was contracted to maintain and she DIDNT do that which is why she was dropped by so many labels. And no, she doesnt have a private life and she should know that with the career she signed up for.
WOAH! check your anger management handbook lady. What i was saying is that you are commenting on someone's life. I should hate to see how you behave when someone you actually KNOW falls foul and makes bad decisions. Honey welcome to the fashion industry. Drugs are a fact of life here. If you think that Kate is alone in whats she's done, well, wake up and smell the coffee.. its rife. I don't actually feel anything about it because its not my life, its Kates. So slap on the wrist or whatever, it doesn't bother me. If the child was in danger, well its been such a high profile story that i'm sure Social Services would have got involved. Just please.. don't be so naive

Last edited by Fixyfantastica; 03-03-2006 at 08:39 AM.

03-03-2006
at the irish pub

twiggy said the truth
kate is still number1 for me,too

04-03-2006
my loves a pony.

Oddly, Kate seems to be more in demand now than she was before the whole scandal.

How many 'come back' covers has she been on, so far, anyway?

And we liked to party
and we kept it live
and we had a three volume tome of contemporary slang
to keep a handle on all this jive.

04-03-2006
backstage pass

Calvin Klein and Burberry have also put a contract on the table... unfortunately.

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

And so do I. She's been modelling for 15yrs and she is still getting a lot of money and in demand. It is rare for any model to still be modelling for 15 years and having a great career.

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesElectric
I loved Kate before the whole cocaine thing blew. I respected her. But being a supermodel in my opinion should be about more than looking pretty and walking up and down the runway. You should be a muse. Inspirational. You should be dependable and responsible enough to understand that when you photograph for a label you are undertaking the difficult job and responsibility of being their walking "image". They are depending on you. If you are irresponsible enough to jeporadize what millions of girls dream of but only so few get a chance to do, for a cheap thrill... then you don't deserve to be respected until you prove that you've learned your lesson. This is her second time in rehab, no? She then hasn't learned a thing.
Who cares, she is earning more money than she was before her scandal. She is a great model, not a ROLE MODEL.

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
If the child was in danger, well its been such a high profile story that i'm sure Social Services would have got involved. Just please.. don't be so naive
Erm...most of the children who actually would need Social Services don't get it. That's the cold hard fact.

I just think that her work isn't good anymore. I'd like her still if she would do the same great job she did in the Nineties and early 2000s, she had edge & attitude then. Though the McQueen stint was absolutely fabulous!

I think it's annoying when people think Moss is some kind of a role model...She has never tried or wanted to be.

04-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
She is a great model, not a ROLE MODEL
None of this is about her being a great role model. I could care less if she was or wasnt. It's about being a great model. A great model should understand that an image is to be kept when a contract is signed and that cannot be denied. Esspecially when she is getting millions to do it. The fact that she can't do that says something.

04-03-2006
princely

Why does everything involving Kate become so heated?

04-03-2006
V.I.P.

That's what I've been wondering too...she's seen as something sacred.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gossip, kate, moss, related