How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalista
-le sigh- That's what I'd like to know.....

I've noticed here that when the subject of Kate comes up there are, sadly, always going to be a few people who, being so fiercely intent on defending her honour if someone -gasp- says anything negative about her, end up resorting to childish bickering with other members who may not like her. It's all really immature and tiresome to be quite frank....
yes and vice versa, it's very boring both ways.

20-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
Actually, tomorrow we have to sacrifice a virgin Hermes Birkin to Miss Moss.

I think Kate is one of the best models ever. She's an excellent pose, walk, look, face, everything. Yes, her style is a little...overrated, and recently she's been a bit off. She looked like crap in that Cavalli campaign, but excellent in the Amazing Grace W magazine editorial.

That totally changes everything!!! Get Karl on the phone, Twiggy says Kate is number one!! Who cares what Twiggy thinks, is ANTM still on?
I actually made a Tshirt that says "I Cocaine Kate". Its my favoprite and the worlds best conversation starter. And so what if i pray before a shrine i erectd in my wardrobe in her honour.

21-03-2006
trendsetter

Juergen Teller disses Kate Moss.
"I am astonished about the Kate Moss story, and not just the recent drugs affair. I'm astonished about the Kate Moss story, full stop. I don't quite understand it. I have known her personally very well, for about 16 years, since she was 15. She is an extraordinary woman, so much fun and so energetic. But to get to be such an icon, to have exploded like a rocket - I don't really get it. She is beautiful, but so are many others." He goes on. "I don't think she looks any good in any photos of the past five years. In fact, she looks crap in all of her recent huge advertising campaigns. Chanel, Burberry, Rimmel. She looks awful. It's as if it's enough just for her to look something like Kate Moss. It's a dreadful life for her, to live in this position. And cocaine? What a surprise that was."

He has a whole file of unpublished photos of Kate, which he'd had printed up for publication just before her drugs bust. "And I thought, '@#%$, this is a stupid moment. Maybe in 20 years' time I will publish them, but no

source http://www.newstatesman.com/200603060033

He's too harsh but I agree with him to a certain extent . Kate's work isn't exciting nowadays. It'd be great to see her retire and explore other career options. It's better to stop when you're still great than fading away. Unfortunatly I don't see her ever willing to stop modelling.

21-03-2006
fashion icon

I do sometimes feel that the hype surrounding Kate is more about her personality than her work, there are a lot of girls that are as striking as she is. But then again, what´s new about all this, people always love a scandal right?

21-03-2006
V.I.P.

I posted this here some days ago, and I was delighted to find that for the first time, a professional says this. It is absolutely true.

21-03-2006
backstage pass

I agree completely.

21-03-2006
V.I.P.

Yes the editorials have gone down the toilet in the last two or three years but the candids are still riveting. She doesnt have long for sure but icon she will remain because that is what they created.

22-03-2006
V.I.P.

he should just shut up, really. his own work isn't that terrific either.....

22-03-2006
front row

kate is overexposed, in my opinion. she's just been around so long that it's understandable people are sick of her face.

22-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty33r1b
hmm agreed

22-03-2006
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Yes the editorials have gone down the toilet in the last two or three years but the candids are still riveting. She doesnt have long for sure but icon she will remain because that is what they created.
On the other hand, she's an A-list celeb now, a true supermodel, and she's ten years younger than many of the celebs who're getting a lot of press, covers and campaigns. So I don't see why her number would be up that soon. Especially not considering that she has a face that ages exceptionally well. Btw, I think her editorial work has become better during 2005/2006.

22-03-2006
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Oh yeah. This is the guy who can only muster great shots if it's YSL who are coughing up big bucks (and giving him direction). He's a good photographer, with a sense for color that is very good, but he's like a naughty boy who likes to shoot crap pix to upset mom (fashionistas). How old is he? Maybe it's time for him to wake up, realize the 90s are over, and just move on......

22-03-2006
V.I.P.

^good comment.

22-03-2006
V.I.P.

Whether people think that's true or not about Kate is their own business and opinion. But he's in the public eye, how dare he say this? He doesn't have any class.

People like Kate for good reason, and I've liked her since the early 90's.

Last edited by oolie coco; 22-03-2006 at 03:17 PM.

22-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
so true...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gossip, kate, moss, related