How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-03-2006
Spring of Córdoba

disgusting

27-03-2006
Naturellement pulpeuse

Would explain why Pete's such a girl... but not why she dumped him.../her.

27-03-2006
Deep Red Bells

^ Thought so too.
Isn't he the only person to take her picture while pregnant too?
I loved those pics.

27-03-2006
tfs star

load of old rubbish! it'll never happen.

brokeback mountain bored me to tears, so even if this is ever made, i'll give it a miss.

27-03-2006
clever ain't wise

He's just artsy fartsy and has no regard for beauty at all. He's part of a realist parade - people who think that everyone needs to wear no make-up or anything to distort "their true selves". It's just that most people don't have true selves that are worth looking at, and, most of all, the true self becomes boring. With make-up you can essentially twist the way you look in an infinite number of ways. That's kinda fun. The very idea of criticising the use of make-up and retouching because it can "make women feel bad about themselves" is totally hilarious. Many women ALWAYS feel bad about themselves and compare themselves to others, no matter what they do - I'm sure they find ways to do that even if they're burka-clad!

Of course, he does have a point about boring perfectionism, that's for sure. But make-up and styling can obviously be used either to perfect oneself according to a standard or to create something out of a whim for the fun of it.

This paragraph preceeds the Kate paragraph - this seems to be his fave kind of shot:

"At the moment he is quite happy to take things at face value. He shows a picture of the American supermodel Angela Lindvall. She is lying on her back, legs wide open. White liquid is sprayed around her crotch. "I called this Paris, Milan, New York, I'm Coming!," says Teller affably, "because fashion is such a wank.""

He's so bored isn't he - just wish that he could be more elegant about it. They must be holding a gun to his head to wring out those lovely YSL ads out of him

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
He's so bored isn't he - just wish that he could be more elegant about it.
And that does not match to Kate?

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

This is never going to happen. Or then I'm starting to question Lee's sanity.

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

The cause is definetily good, but I have a nasty feeling Moss is doing this to get a reputation as a mother figure. The picture is not that bad though, I like the photography and the rose is beautiful.

Quote:
Ok so Mother's Day was yesterday but still....
What? But isn't it in May?

Last edited by Whitelinen; 27-03-2006 at 12:12 PM.

27-03-2006
Day Dreaming

I'm a mom and I know for a fact Mother's Day has not yet happened.

27-03-2006
etre soi-meme

in his recent exhibit in Paris Teller shows some real 'ugly' pics of a non-groomed Kate..
i will agree with him, she's certainly nothing special and most her latest shootings are really very bad

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

^in the UK, mother's day was yesterday, as a fact.

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

That's weird...so you have it on different time than most of the world? Silly me.

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
He's just artsy fartsy and has no regard for beauty at all. He's part of a realist parade - people who think that everyone needs to wear no make-up or anything to distort "their true selves". It's just that most people don't have true selves that are worth looking at, and, most of all, the true self becomes boring. With make-up you can essentially twist the way you look in an infinite number of ways. That's kinda fun. The very idea of criticising the use of make-up and retouching because it can "make women feel bad about themselves" is totally hilarious. Many women ALWAYS feel bad about themselves and compare themselves to others, no matter what they do - I'm sure they find ways to do that even if they're burka-clad!

Of course, he does have a point about boring perfectionism, that's for sure. But make-up and styling can obviously be used either to perfect oneself according to a standard or to create something out of a whim for the fun of it.
I think true beauty is with no make up on. And Kate in the picture looks much more beautiful than pictures where she's groomed to the nines.

27-03-2006
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
And that does not match to Kate?
Elegance is innate - and obviously Kate has that innate quality in spades. Some people can never be elegant, no matter how many of Audrey Hepburn's original outfits they own, others look elegant when they're sipping some coffee with stringy hair. It's life - unfair

27-03-2006
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess
I think true beauty is with no make up on. And Kate in the picture looks much more beautiful than pictures where she's groomed to the nines.
I don't think it matters - some people are beautiful with make-up, others without it and some are beautiful/ugly no matter what they do.

That pic is beautiful. It is one variation of beauty - the drained out casual one. You can alter someone's face a great deal by changing the light and stuff like that, and Teller apparently doesn't mind that. It's interesting because if there was no manipulation of any kind of the photos, or of the people, if there was no artristry, he would be superfluous himself as a photographer. Certainly as a highly paid photographer who is paid big bucks to improve reality.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 27-03-2006 at 01:42 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gossip, kate, moss, related