How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-03-2010
tfs star

Woahh, this is shocking & sad for the kids. Now she's free to go after Leo! (I can have my own Titanic fantasy ok ok).

16-03-2010
on the come up

is this really the Oscar curse?

16-03-2010
front row

I'm not surprised they've split, I recall the BI about it... jealousy on his behalf.

I adore her and really hope she's back and better than ever soon

16-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedIfIWantTo View Post
is this really the Oscar curse?
i'm really starting to believe in this.
there's no way all this men felt so underwhelmed with their partner's success, god,

V.I.P.

That's really sad news...

16-03-2010
place your body here

if they broke up because he wasn't able to be supportive of her success then she is better off without him

V.I.P.

Interesting. I feel bad for them and the kids but I hope it's true that it's amicable.

V.I.P.

Kate Winslet And Sam Mendes Have Quit Each Other

Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes have gone their separate ways after 7 years of marriage. Kate and Sam quietly broke up earlier this year after they realized their love died when they moved to the suburbs of Connecticut. Why didn't they just go to Paris?! Why did Kate have to try to abort her own baby?! WHY?! WHY?! Note: That's the plot of a movie, that isn't real-life. I think.

Kate and Sam issued this diplomatic statement through a lawyer:

"Kate and Sam are saddened to announce that they separated earlier this year. The split is entirely amicable and is by mutual agreement. Both parties are fully committed to the future joint parenting of their children."

Just because Kate Winslet broke up with her husband doesn't mean she's going to dive to the bottom of the ocean to grab Leonardo DiCaprio's hand and bring him back to shore with her so they can live happily ever after. That shi* was jut a movie! Yes, Kate and Leo are always dry humping on each other at awards shows, but that doesn't mean anything. They are just best girlfriends. Besides, Leonardo DiCatchaho only dates women he can order through the Sports Illustrated catalog.

dlisted

Last edited by Kenysha75; 17-03-2010 at 10:53 AM.
17-03-2010
trendsetter

Maybe there is no oscar curse but only a PR move. These couples look happy, smile wide, go on every red carpet to look like the perfect couple for the actress to get her gold. Once she does, there is no need to pretend.

17-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Girl View Post
Maybe there is no oscar curse but only a PR move. These couples look happy, smile wide, go on every red carpet to look like the perfect couple for the actress to get her gold. Once she does, there is no need to pretend.
great point.
someone actually on ONTD pointed out that he/she in fact knows these two split a year ago but just now announced it (reliability of this info is questionable but kinda fits your theory too).

anyway, to add fuel:

Quote:
This is what the British tabloids are trying to insinuate. That Rebecca Hall was the reason Kate Winslet left Sam Mendes although they stop well short of suggesting that Hall and Mendes had an affair. In fact, all they say is that Sam has worked with Rebecca several times and that Kate became uncomfortable with his support of Hall’s career. As already noted, Rebecca is indeed projected to have a bright future. Recently featured on the cover of Vanity Fair for the Hollywood Issue, and now competing with even Keira Knightley for her share of scripts, it’s certainly a tantalising storyline – acclaimed actress in her 30s threatened by a burgeoning actress in her 20s. But word is neither side is particularly sad about the split. And both are getting theirs, especially Kate. Of course everyone hopes she’s getting it from Leo.

Not surprisingly, already, reports are surfacing that he’s comforting her. She’s on holiday, he’s nowhere near there, but somehow he’s “comforting” her. She doesn’t look like she needs comforting. Click here to see photos. But there are still those who truly believe they belong together. So this picture is for them. A perfect candidate for Photo Assumption. From the Revolutionary Road premiere 2 years ago.
laineygossip

anyway, bit OffTopic but also Ontopic with the curse thing: Sandra and the rumors of her husband cheating on her emerged. O_o

Last edited by dajrekshn; 17-03-2010 at 01:27 PM.
18-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Kate Winslet is set to move back to England after the breakdown of her second marriage, she has told close friends.
The Oscar winner, 34, is said to be in ‘turmoil’ about the split with director Sam Mendes and is pondering a move back from New York, where she has lived for nearly seven years, to be close to her friends and family.
A source close to the mother-of-two said: ‘Kate is in meltdown mode and doesn't know quite what to do.

The people she's close to in New York are mums in schools but she thinks that will all change and her real friends – Emma Thompson, her sister Anna and her parents - are all over here.
‘Kate feels she needs a support system, but she is torn because doesn't want to disrupt her kids and is able to be very low key in New York.’
Miss Winslet will shortly return to filming her new HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce in the States.

As the Mail told yesterday, the blonde star had become ‘frustrated’ with Mendes’ close friendship with English actress Rebecca Hall, 27.
Mendes, 44, had spent the past year working with Miss Hall in London and New York on dual theatre productions of The Cherry Orchard and A Winter’s Tale for the Bridge Project.
And Miss Hall has been a ‘shoulder to cry on’ for Mendes as his marriage to Miss Winslet crumbled.

Speaking about Miss Hall's friendship with Mendes, a source close to Miss Winslet said: 'When Kate found out that Sam had grown close to Rebecca she was upset. Rebecca is totally Sam's type - a thespian mix of brains and beauty.'
A source close to Mendes confirmed to the Daily Mail: 'Sam and Rebecca are good friends, of course they are, they have spent the better part of a year working together on the Bridge Project. But to insinuate that there is anything further in the friendship is taking it too far.'

Meanwhile, others have claimed that Miss Winslet split from Mendes, 44, after he told her he could never be with just one woman for the rest of his life.

Miss Winslet was apparently left in tears after the noted theatre and film director told her in a frank conversation that he did not believe in having just one relationship.
A close friend of the actress told the Mail: ‘Sam had been really withdrawn and had shut himself away from her.

‘They then had this big talk and he told her ‘people can’t be inspired by just one relationship. For me, it’s never going to be about one relationship… life is a series of relationships.’

‘Kate told him ‘For me it is, that’s what I want’, but Sam replied ‘Well, that’s not what I want’ and they both knew the marriage could not go on, it was hopeless.
‘Kate did not want to break up, she had been trying her best to keep things together for months, but in the end it was just too much.’

The couple have a son Joe, six, and Kate’s nine-year-old daughter by her first marriage also lives with them in New York.
The children are currently with the star as she holidays with Emma Thompson in Puerto Vallerta in Mexico.
dailymail

trendsetter

Wow, Poor Kate. If that's true it's awful.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

new news on this i guess? i think there was a BI at the time implying this, but can't remember for sure.

Quote:
She's the beautiful English actress who was blamed for the breakdown of Kate Winslet’s marriage to film director Sam Mendes.
Now, 18 months after being implicated as the ‘other woman’, it has been revealed that Rebecca Hall, daughter of veteran theatre director Sir Peter Hall, is dating the Oscar-winning film director.
A spokesman for Mendes last night confirmed he was romantically involved with Miss Hall, 29, saying: ‘It’s true they are in a relationship.’

A source close to the star added: ‘They are dating and have been for some time. I can’t put an exact date on it, but certainly nothing happened until after Sam’s marriage was over.’
The couple are believed to be spending time together in London where Mendes, 46, is directing the new James Bond film Skyfall. News of their relationship comes 18 months after Miss Hall was blamed for the collapse of Mendes’ six-year marriage to Titanic actress Miss Winslet.
At the time it was claimed Miss Winslet ended the marriage after growing tired of her husband’s closeness to Cambridge-educated Miss Hall, whose father Sir Peter founded the Royal Shakespeare Company.
But sources close to Mendes, who has an eight-year-old son Joe with his ex-wife, insisted the couple were nothing more than friends.
Miss Hall first met Mendes – who won an Oscar for his 1999 debut film American Beauty – on the set of her film, Starter For 10, where he was executive producer. He later cast her in two of his plays, a move that was said to have infuriated Miss Winslet.
A spokesman for Miss Hall was unavailable for comment.

dailymail

front row

^^^^Oh typical.

29-11-2011
tfs star

Can't say I'm surprised in the least. Rebecca was far too touchy about the subject when asked about it at the start.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheated, hall, husband, kate, rebecca, splits, winslet