Katie Holmes gives birth - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-04-2006
trendsetter

apparently L. Ron Hubbard is burried in Surrey UK by the HQ for the Church of Scientology over there.

Surrey... Suri... hummm?

19-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict
from jossip.com

"Suri" is a derivative of Crazy Celebrity Kabbalah.
Suri would really be Sarah, except Kabbalah — as it is now taught to celebrities — is all about taking letters and making new words out of them. Madonna did it on her last tour. Suri is derived from Sarah mathematically. But Sarah, wife of Abraham, mother of Isaac, as some have suggested, is described as the only woman in the Bible who laughed.
Thank you! I do think it's a lovely name, and the Biblical reasoning is so sweet. It reminds me of my reasoning for loving the Irish name Aine - the best hearted woman who ever lived.

Jennika, you're onto something, I think - I just hope it isn't a raise-the-dead-second-coming-zombie plot

front row

OMG, you all should write a novel...hmmm...something like "The Suri Code."

19-04-2006
V.I.P.

surrey is a place in the uk and this is the head part of scientology in the uk .. surrey pronouced same as suri

19-04-2006
front row

According to People,Katie is already back at home.The baby has lots of black hair and deep blue eyes(which is common among young infants)she is also said to very pretty(or something like that)

Sonja

19-04-2006
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict
from jossip.com

"Suri" is a derivative of Crazy Celebrity Kabbalah.
Suri would really be Sarah, except Kabbalah — as it is now taught to celebrities — is all about taking letters and making new words out of them. Madonna did it on her last tour. Suri is derived from Sarah mathematically. But Sarah, wife of Abraham, mother of Isaac, as some have suggested, is described as the only woman in the Bible who laughed.
Thanks a lot for this info - that is pretty cool - I've decided I definitely like this name :p It's sweet, short, original, yet not trashy and sounds a bit Finnish. Neat.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 19-04-2006 at 05:40 PM.
19-04-2006
V.I.P.

I think the Brooke Shields thing is great. I mean Brooke may have used Anti depressants or whatever but I am betting that she has the mentally healthier child in 10, 20 years time.

19-04-2006
front row

According to CBB,Tom has concelled his upcoming promotional tour for MI3 so he can spend time with Katie and lil Suri.This has actually surprised me.I htought for sure he would want to throw his new baby into the media blitz for MI3

Sonja

19-04-2006
still here

^but this will work just as well, if anything, people who may have been turned off my his antics enough to chose not to see the movie, may decide, ohhh, he's not such a bad guy after all, he's staying home with the family, how wonderful....

19-04-2006
rising star

hey i think tom cancelling his promo tour is just another promotional blitz. now everyone will think not only he's a wildly popular actor but he's also a good father who cares deeply for his family. it's all calculated if i may say so. wow, i sound so apathetic :p

19-04-2006
V.I.P.

LMAO, you people.

So the baby is born. Tom Cruise does do publicity, he's trying to get attention. He doesn't do publicity, he's trying to get attention.

LOL, seriously..

19-04-2006
fashion elite

I heard that Tom and Katie left the hospital just a few hours or something after the birth- "escaping" the hospital as they described it.

Kind of off topic but I was talking to my mom about the birth, and she had seen a story on it this morning and apparently Tom's sister and her kids live in his house with him!? Kind of strange/leechy sounding to me... He has this one sister, Leanne I believe, who was in the front row for his Inside the Actors Studio, and then for the press conference after Tom and Katie got engaged (for war of the worlds..paris) they showed Katie in the audience, and who else should be there but his sister sitting next to her. Kind of clingy? I don't know..just doesn't seem natural to me!

19-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuggaStiletto
I heard that Tom and Katie left the hospital just a few hours or something after the birth- "escaping" the hospital as they described it.

Kind of off topic but I was talking to my mom about the birth, and she had seen a story on it this morning and apparently Tom's sister and her kids live in his house with him!? Kind of strange/leechy sounding to me... He has this one sister, Leanne I believe, who was in the front row for his Inside the Actors Studio, and then for the press conference after Tom and Katie got engaged (for war of the worlds..paris) they showed Katie in the audience, and who else should be there but his sister sitting next to her. Kind of clingy? I don't know..just doesn't seem natural to me!
Not really^My friend's family has her parents,grandparent, aunt and her kids all living with them(ofcourse it is a rather large house)Some families are like that.I know my family would end killing eachother off if we lived so close together but to each their own i guess.
Sonja

20-04-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanel-amor
hey i think tom cancelling his promo tour is just another promotional blitz. now everyone will think not only he's a wildly popular actor but he's also a good father who cares deeply for his family. it's all calculated if i may say so. wow, i sound so apathetic :p
I agree with you though, apathy and all . As long as his name is still in the media, no publicity is bad publicity, right? Who cares what he does every single moment of the day? No one does but he's gonna keep stuffing his life down your throat until you can't take it anymore. It's been Tom/Katie overload for a year now and the best thing for the both of them is to just disappear for a little while.....completely unnanounced.

dlg

20-04-2006
backstage pass

Even though I like the name, this cracked me up, from the AP http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12393979/ :

Quote:
Israeli newscasts were good-naturedly skeptical about Suri being a Hebrew word. "We seem to have learned a new Hebrew word, and from Tom Cruise, no less," said the Channel 2 anchorman.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
birth, holmes, katie