How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-01-2010
V.I.P.

Katy Perry engaged to Russell Brand *Update* Divorcing
Katy Perry is engaged to British funnyman Russell Brand, her rep confirms to JustJared.com.

Katy, 25, and Russell, 34, got engaged on New Year’s Eve in India, where he proposed to her in a tent at the foot of a mountain.

After the engagement, Russell was quoted by UK’s The Sun as texting, “It’s true. Much love.”

Earlier today, Katy, who is on Glamour’s latest cover, tweeted, “So when do I start walking the streets naked singing that Alanis [Morrisette] song?”

Congrats to the happy couple!

justjared.buzznet.com

Last edited by Kenysha75; 06-01-2010 at 12:44 PM.

06-01-2010
V.I.P.

If the rep confirms.... Congrats. Love those two.

06-01-2010
Making a Mess

I'm sure they won't even make it to the altar. Sorry to sound rude but didn't they start dating like 2 seconds ago..? Yeah I think Russell is just a rebound and I don't see this lasting.

V.I.P.

Love them too! & Russell I count on you to sing your anthem aka "Inside of you" at the wedding
Inside Of You- Infant Sorrow

06-01-2010
V.I.P.

Congratulations

06-01-2010
V.I.P.

Congrats to them!

06-01-2010
oh! darling

Quote:
I'm sure they won't even make it to the altar. Sorry to sound rude but didn't they start dating like 2 seconds ago..? Yeah I think Russell is just a rebound and I don't see this lasting.
Exactly.

V.I.P.

I think it's really really sweet. Russell Brand is a hoot, and I don't think Katy is his "rebound girl".

Quote:
That cad-about-town Russell Brand is long gone. In his place: Russell Brand, the potential family man.

And his shedding his wandering ways is all thanks to his rumored girlfriend, Katy Perry,, says Brand.

"It was a deep craving within me – I mistook it for lust," the comedian, 34, told Britain's GMTV. "I thought I was promiscuous, but it turns out I was just thorough – to get the right one. I'm ever so happy."
Quote:
Russell Brand has collected a LOT of Strange along the way. My friend Fiona hates it when her husband Kiu uses this expression. It’s offside, sure. But it totally applies to Brand’s romantic history. One night multiples, many walks of shame… and now he’s found The One. Which kinda makes it extra romantic. To me anyway. It wouldn’t seem real if the dude wasn’t experienced. Because how else would he know? Don’t ask a Jonas.

This makes Brand’s declaration – that he had to go through so much Strange in order to weed it all out – that Katy Perry is It for him all the more meaningful for her.
laineygossip, people

But satisfaction brought it back
06-01-2010
front row

(((

front row

they do make a good couple, I think. But I love him

windowshopping

As far as I can see they make a nice couple - As they appear to make each other happy. That is all that counts.

tfs star

can we take bets on the break up yet? i give it 4 months.

06-01-2010
V.I.P.

I like them together, I just hope they make it a long engagement and don't rush to get married.

07-01-2010
front row

didn't he also announce his "changed ways" after he met teresa palmer?

07-01-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Although the engagement may have seemed sudden, Russell Brand planned every detail of his proposal to girlfriend, Katy Perry.

The funnyman popped the question in a romantic ceremony at The Taj Rambagh Palace in Jaipur, the hotel in which the couple were staying.

On the afternoon of New Year's Eve, Russell took Katy to buy a $1,000 traditional Indian dress to wear for the night.

"He had organized a special dining experience," said a worker at the hotel. "We set a table in a garden with candles everywhere. They arrived in a horse and carriage with a glass of champagne and we served them dinner."

Awww!

"At midnight they enjoyed fireworks while sitting on an elephant, which Mr Brand specially requested. Then they were taken to the Mughal Garden - which was decorated by flowers and candlelight," the source continued. "Mr Brand had given his butler the diamond ring to hide among the flowers. Miss Perry found it, he proposed, and she immediately said 'Yes'. After that they requested 45 minutes' privacy. They looked like they were beautifully in love."

A little over the top, but pretty amazeballs!

The two have wasted no time in planning their wedding. Russell has already asked his manager Nik Linnen to be his best man and start early on preparing his speech. Many suspect that the blessed day will happen in the next six months.

Don't underestimate the beauty of a looooong engagement, you two!
perezhilton

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brand, divorcing, engaged, katy, perry, russell, update