How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

Lawyer asks judge how much time Lohan would get if she pleads guilty

Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan wants to put that pesky theft charge behind her.
Lohan's lawyer asked the judge in her grand theft case just "how much time she'll get if she agrees to a guilty or no contest" plea, according to a new report.
The potential sentence was discussed during a meeting last week between Los Angeles Judge Stephanie Sautner, Lohan's lawyer Shawn Holley and Deputy DA Danette Meyers, RadarOnline.com reported today.
Lohan's preliminary hearing in the case is scheduled to begin Friday. She faces grand-theft charges for allegedly swiping a necklace from a Los Angeles jewelry store.

Last month, Lohan, 24, turned down a plea deal in the alleged theft of a $2,200, 18-karat necklace from a Venice, Calif., jewelry store. She has insisted she was innocent of the charge of felony grand theft and wants her day in court.
Surveillance footage aired on "Entertainment Tonight" captured Lohan's exit from from the store on Jan. 22, when the "Mean Girl" allegedly made off with the chain.
Lohan could face three years behind bars if convicted at trial.
Even if LiLo beats that rap, however, Lohan could get up to six months' prison for violating probation stemming from DUI arrests in 2007.
Lohan appears in a rush to put this case behind her after it was confirmed last week that she is in talks to play Victoria Gotti, the daughter of John Gotti, in a movie about the infamous mob boss.
Filming for "Gotti: Three Generations" begins in the fall.
A source close to the case told RadarOnline that the judge told Lohan's attorney how much time the "Mean Girls" star would serve, but word of a precise sentence hasn't leaked.
Meyers plans to call the owner of the jewelry store and the employee who waited on Lohan that day.
The preliminary hearing is scheduled to last one to two days if Lohan doesn't enter a plea on Friday.

NY Post

20-04-2011
backstage pass

Lohan's lawyer asked the judge in her grand theft case just "how much time she'll get if she agrees to a guilty or no contest" plea, according to a new report.

This is "shopping" for a judge/plea deal -- burns a bridge or two for the lawyer, so it's evidence the attorney is going all out for the client. ( But future clients might not get good offers because of this move. )

Makes sense, though, as they need to control the probation violation along with the theft issue.

Looking like Biker Babes Behind Bars may soon be in production after all.

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

^ Yup- 'Cycle Sluts Of Cellblock D' is going to be even more important because.......

'Gotti' Producer -- Arrivederci, Lindsay

Lindsay Lohan just lost the role that could have saved her career, because her management team was just impossible in negotiating with the producer of "Gotti: Three Generations."

Executive Producer Marc Fiore tells TMZ ... he has ended negotiations with Lindsay's team because, "It just didn't work for me." Sources involved on both sides tell TMZ ... money was an issue, but the various demands of her management team just got out of control.

Fiore wanted Lindsay to play Victoria Gotti, but says "I will only ride a merry-go-round with my kids," suggesting Lindsay's team was just too tough to deal with.

But this is interesting. Fiore tells us the door has not been slammed shut: "Maybe if Lindsay calls me up, we can talk about it."

20-04-2011
scenester

But... I don't undestand...
Is Lindsay in condition to demand something??
I just can't believe it!

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

^ You would think she would be happy to have any sort of interest these days; just shows how out of touch with reality they are on Planet Lohan...

20-04-2011
scenester

^I don't know, could be she's not in real life, but it's hard to me understanding it.
Maybe I'm expecting something that never'll happen

20-04-2011
backstage pass

She's chronically late, or doesn't show, doesn't learn her lines, makes over-the-top diva demands, hanger-on stage mom, explodes into her diagnosed personality disorder...

What's not to want?

How about this, LiLoser:
  • 1st 10% of your pay goes directly from producers to the City of Whoever has had to enforce the law against you and a DWI victim's fund.
  • 2nd 5% of your pay goes to make reparations to those from whom you have stolen.
  • 3rd 5% of your pay goes to retired members of SAG who can no longer pay their bills.
  • The remainder of your pay will go into an account controlled by a trustee who will settle all financial claims against you before releasing funds to you personally.
  • No money will go to family/"friends" -- zero.
  • A system of substantial fines will be implemented by the producers for every time you are late or unprepared to do the work that everyone else on set showed up prepared to do.
  • No ***please see tFS community rules*** or alcohol on or off set.
  • No diva demands allowed, you'll eat what the crew eats and dress where the extras dress.
  • You will show up before you are required to be at work, and maintain a grateful attitude for being paid so much to do so little.

Last edited by sethii; 21-04-2011 at 02:42 AM. Reason: ***please see tFS community rules***

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

^ I have a feeling she might have a problem with several (all) of those conditions...

20-04-2011
scenester

Lindsay Lohan Out as Victoria Gotti

By Liz McNeil
Wednesday April 20, 2011 01:00 PM EDT
Lindsay Lohan in New York
Splash News Online

Lindsay Lohan can fuggedabout playing Victoria Gotti on film.

"We are not talking any further about Lindsay playing Victoria," says Marc Fiore, producer of Gotti: Three Generations. "She is no longer being considered. The talks have stopped. We are going to meet with other people [for the role]."

But just last week, it seemed almost a sure thing when Lohan popped up at the movie's April 12 press conference and looked strikingly like Victoria Gotti. Even John Travolta, who's playing Gotti Sr., in the yet-to-be-made flick said, "I always thought she was gorgeous and talented."

So is Lohan just too expensive and troublesome to insure with all of her past legal troubles?

RELATED: Lindsay Lohan & Victoria Gotti Meet Up in N.Y.C.

For now it's omerta for Fiore, who would not explain why she's been "bumped off."

"She a wonderful person," he tells PEOPLE. "Her legal case has nothing to do with it. We just couldn't reach terms."

Meanwhile, Nick Cassavetes is also out as the film's director but Fiore says it's all due to scheduling conflicts. "Nick is doing the film Yellow and financing came through" says Fiore. "We were just not willing to put Gotti on hold so we decided to release him from the film."

But he's not worried about finding a replacement. "I've got about a million phone calls from directors" says Fiore. Anyone calling Martin Scorsese?

people.com

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

^ Could be too expensive to insure?? Imagine that!!

20-04-2011
tfs star

She's still doing the film but she's playing Kim, not Victoria. They gave her a two-picture deal.

Quote:
Lindsay Lohan signs on for 'Gotti'

Actress will star opposite John Travolta in 'Three Generations'

Lindsay Lohan has signed to portray Kim Gotti opposite John Travolta in Fiore Films' drama "Gotti: Three Generations."

Fiore Films announced the signing Wednesday as part of a two-picture deal with Lohan. The company also said Lohan has agreed to act in its upcoming production of "Mob Street," based on a screenplay by Chazz Palminteri.

"We're very pleased to have Lindsay on-board for both of these films," said Marc Fiore, producer of "Gotti" and CEO of Fiore Films, LLC. "She has been very enthusiastic about the Gotti project, and after resuming discussions with her, we were impressed by her commitment to the film and felt she would be a perfect Kim Gotti."
via Variety.com

20-04-2011
backstage pass

^Yes ... No ... Yes ... No ...

This Fiore knucklehead seems like a perfect match for LiLoser. They can ruin whatever potential the Gotti yawner may have had.

Almost sounds like they need, or have, to make this unwanted film -- wouldn't it be appropriate if they were laundering money with the Dapper Don movie.

20-04-2011
tailored

Quote:
Just a few hours after the producer of Gotti: Three Generations said that Lindsay Lohan was "no longer being considered" for a role in the film, he's changed his mind.

"She was definitely out as of earlier today, but she really wanted the part," Marc Fiore tells PEOPLE.

In fact, you could say Lohan made Fiore an offer he couldn't refuse.

"She not only is back in the movie, but she single-handedly put it all together," says the producer. "She called me personally and put her team on it and we came to an agreement."

He added that Lohan, 24, was "no nonsense," when it came to making the deal happen. "She played a real leadership role."

But Lohan will not play Victoria Gotti as had originally been reported. Instead, she will play Kim Gotti, the wife of John Gotti Jr., in the flick, which stars John Travolta.

Fiore calls the Kim character "a very important role" and says Lohan is "very excited about the part."

Fiore says Lohan is in for a two picture deal, which also includes his other mafia movie, Mob Street, in which she will play the wife of the lead character Bobby Bataglia.
people.com

Last edited by kimair; 20-04-2011 at 10:42 PM.

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

Reports that Lilo was out were so like....before final offers were made....

Godfather.wikia.com

21-04-2011
scenester

Quote:
LINDSAY LOHAN WILL APPEAR IN COURT TOMORROW, SOURCE SAYS

It may not be such a "Good Friday" for Lindsay afterall!

A source close to the 24-year-old starlet tells X17online that Linds will be appearing before Judge Stephanie Sautner tomorrow for the felony grand theft preliminary hearing.

Lilo had reportedly asked the judge to postpone the hearing because she was "planning on going to church" on the Christian holy day. Guess the judge wasn't feelin' it.

The preliminary hearing will determine whether Lindsay's case will go to trial. If Lohan is convicted of stealing a $2,500 necklace Kamofie & Company, she could spend up to three years in prison.

As for tomorrow's hearing, Judge Sautner has banned cameras from the courtroom.

Aside from her court-related drama, Lindsay recently landed two movie roles. Find out which ones ... after the jump.
x17online.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, keeping, lindsay, lohan, news