How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-11-2008
tfs star

Gay, lesbian, bi.. what does it matter?! I am happy for her that there is someone who's there for her.. and Lindsay looks so much better these days since she's with Sammy If it's not a romance between the two of them, then I hope there friendship will continue

08-11-2008
backstage pass

Found a bland article about more work lost for Lilo.
World Music Awards ditch host Lindsay Lohan! For Denise Richards?
First "Ugly Betty" boots Lindsay Lohan. Now the World Music Awards have dumped Lohan as the host of the upcoming annual awards, held in Monaco.
Why they hired her again is anyone's guess. The last time she hosted in 2006, she messed up and introduced Beyonce while the singer was still getting her hair done.
Nervous about her ability to handle the job, the organizers reportedly asked that other career fast-tracker, "Desperate Housewives" former lawn boy Jesse Metcalfe, to help Lindsay out. But she didn’t like that idea.
So who will replace Lindsay? Denise Richards. Yikes. To be replaced by Richards speaks volumes about where one is on the celebrity totem pole.
Gosh, who'dathunk once-washed-up Britney Spears would be making an amazing career comeback while Lindsay Lohan's acting and music career sinks like a rock?
What is Lindsay doing wrong? Any ideas and/or advice?
source: latimes.com

08-11-2008
V.I.P.

^^ Poor Lindsay Dee...She could really use a break right now...I thought the Ugly Betty thing would be the beginning of a turn around, but... I really feel sorry for her, and she seems to have no real help or direction...

08-11-2008
V.I.P.

She seems destined to shop around Robertson Blvd. and hang out at Chateau Marmont with short photo op's at convenience stores buying junk food...

08-11-2008
V.I.P.

I'll give her about a year before the money starts running out... and then of course it will be "hosting" club openings and direct to video soft core movies...

Last edited by Boomer; 08-11-2008 at 01:12 PM.

10-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Don`t call her a lesbian

A beautiful Lindsay Lohan on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of Harper’s Bazaar, seemingly incapable of posing with her mouth closed, is reportedly insisting that she’s not a lesbian.

Asked by the magazine about who she’s dating, Lilo coyly answered that:

"I think it's pretty obvious who I'm seeing”. When pressed to actually name Samantha Ronson, all she would offer is that she’s with someone “wonderful”.

On the subject of whether or not she’s a bisexual, Lilo replied: Maybe. Yeah.

However, when pressed to confirm that she’s a lesbian, she firmly answered: NO…

In other words: she needs to keep on milking the story for what it’s worth. After all, Lilo is still trying to convince the industry that she’s a bankable actress – something of a Herculean feat.

According to Lohan:

I know people wouldn’t have gone to see my movies if I didn’t make them laugh or make them cry.

The problem is: no one HAS gone to see any of her movies since Mean Girls. And that was all Tina Fey.

Another problem? My sources say Lilo isn’t keen on the audition process. She feels she’s above it. Am told that “her attitude is so sh-tty in an audition situation that it’s embarrassing to be around her, and she’s embarrassed for herself. But that’s what actors do! They audition! So if she can’t even hold up during an audition, why would anyone have confidence to hire her?”

True.
www.laineygossip.com

11-11-2008
V.I.P.

Since this is from TMZ.com its almost like they are looking to create something there that isnt. If this is considered politics, I apologize.
In this clip apparently Lohan refers to Obama as our "first colored president."

I've listened to the clip three times, and really cant hear the word 'colored' before 'president'.
http://www.tmz.com/2008/11/11/lindsa...r-the-coloreds

12-11-2008
V.I.P.

The whole Access Hollywood interview she did in general, even barring the Obama comment, was a mess. She was clearly cranked out during the interview and just not right...her career is over at this point. Not a total lost cause but not exactly on solid ground...

12-11-2008
V.I.P.

^^ So sad...When she was doing Ugly Betty, everyone seemed so happy for her, but now... I was just watching something about how difficult it will be to finance movies and such during the financial problems we are seeing- do you seriously think anyone is going to bet money on Lindsay's performance or box office power at this point? I think she may have run out of second chances...

12-11-2008
tfs star

Carla Sims, communications director for the NAACP in Washington, D.C., came toLindsay Lohan's defense today following an on-camera interview with "Access Hollywood" in which Lohan called president-elect Barack Obama 'colored' and thinks that the media's lambasting of the starlet is only to create controversy.

"Sometimes you have to look at the intent…but the word 'colored' isn't derogatory," Sims said in a phone interview. "Clearly she's [Lohan] an Obama supporter."

Internet news sites and blogs have taken a critical tone of LiLo's use of the word 'colored'. Some have even called the term "offensive" and " a rather unfortunate comment."

"There's really no problem with what she said," Sims said. "In her excitement, she was acknowledging that color was not a barrier in the populous choosing Obama."

"The term 'colored' is not derogatory," Sims continued. "They chose the word 'colored' because it was the most positive description commonly used at that time. It's outdated and antiquated but not offensive."

Sims is referring to the founders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People that created the organization nearly 100 years ago in support of social justice for African Americans.

Lohan is under constant ridicule by bloggers, tabloids and media for her on-camera miscues and party-girl lifestyle. It appears this time the not-so-innocent Hollywood actress is cleared of any wrongdoing — at least by the NAACP.

People need to stop making fuss about this

Quote:
I think she may have run out of second chances...
The thing is, the comeback that people expect from her will take some time. She's not a singer like Britney Spears, she's an actress. It takes time for her to have a good movie project. In my opinion she's going there, the comeback, but not the big comeback like Britney Spears. At least she's doing something before that right project fall on her hands like this leggings line for ovarian cancer. She may be doing some little projects for now that we don't know. Conclusion is, give her some time and stop making this negative assumptions on her.

Last edited by Danish; 12-11-2008 at 11:08 PM.

13-11-2008
V.I.P.

Is she doing anything, like working acting sining or whatever??

13-11-2008
V.I.P.

^^ Yup...Starbucks, junk food at convenience stores, shopping at high end boutiques and an occasional bikini photo op to make sure your picture is in US and the Star every other week...

13-11-2008
V.I.P.

Who's making negative assumptions, and even if they are, I see they have that right, the girl does nothing, but party. Her movies are all flops. Her 'singing career' is dust, and no one wants her on TV...so I think even if she got a Bazaar cover it doesnt mean she's making a comeback. It will be very short-lived if so...

LOHAN CARRIED OUT OF CLUB AT 4:30 AM.

One year after her last trip to rehab, actress Lindsay Lohan left a club in London yesterday, where she needed some help from her bodyguards while walking. The rehabbed star was supporting her girlfriend Samantha Ronson, who had a gig at Club Chinawhite in London. Eyewitnesses say they saw Lohan at the bar drinking one shot after another. It's been said that the pair had an argument behind the DJ booth while Ronson was spinning. After that Lohan was seen in another area of the club, where her ladyfriend couldn't take an eye on her. Will this be the end of this lovely lesbian relationship? ...

source is from llohan...who listed no source, but she does look blazed in the most recent pics.

13-11-2008
V.I.P.

^^ Poor Linds...She has gotten help- and then gone right back to the same people, places and things that got her in trouble... (She was out at a club called ChinaWhite?? Good move, Lindsay...) Isn't she still on probation for her driving offenses? This could turn serious pretty easily if she gets in trouble again...

15-11-2008
turn and face the strange

PETA Supporter Douses Lindsay Lohan In Flour, Samantha Ronson Responds

By Access Hollywood

PARIS, France -- An anti-fur campaigner doused Lindsay Lohan in flour on Friday evening in Paris People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals announced in a statement.

The organization said the actress was "showered" with cooking powder, while at a Paris nightclub.

"The actor, who was on her way into the VIP room on the Champs-Elyses just after 1 AM early Saturday, had an entire bag of flour dumped over her head by a French fur foe who shouted, 'Lindsay Lohan--fur hag!'" PETA said in a statement released to Access Hollywood.

They claim the actress, who was in London earlier this week with girlfriend Samantha Ronson, before moving on to Paris alongside the celebrity DJ, wore multiple fur coats this week, angering activists.

"Lindsay Lohan might be able to ignore images of bloody animals skinned alive for their pelts, but we hope a dash of flour will help her rise to the occasion and forsake fur once and for all." PETA Europe's Robbie LeBlanc said in the statement.

But Samantha defended Lindsay in a blog post on her MySpace page on Saturday, attacking PETA for their supporter's methods.

"Today I'm pissed at the bag of flour thrown on Lindsay last night. Not because I got powdered down, but because the girl who threw it acted like an animal herself," she wrote. "It's a pity that some groups feel the need to assault people as opposed to fighting with words. I don't wear fur, but I don't think I have the right to ATTACK those who do. No one has that right."

Samantha suggested the organization stick to words rather than actions in the future.

"PETA should focus their efforts on educating people on what they believe are injustices instead of seeking press via harassing those in the limelight," she concluded.

omg.yahoo.com

After seeing this I looked in her thread hoping for flour pics, but to no avail .. it's when she wore the sparkly blue dress and dark fur.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
keeping, lindsay, lohan, news