How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-08-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

They better stick together until November 5th. I'm seeing them play on the 4th.

01-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Kings of Leon: WE'RE CANCELLING OUR U.S. TOUR

The Kings of Leon are pulling the plug on the rest of their U.S. tour -- due to health issues affecting lead singer Caleb Followill ... TMZ has learned.

A rep for the band released a statement saying, "We are so sorry to say Kings of Leon are canceling their entire US tour due to Caleb Followill suffering from vocal issues and exhaustion."

The statement continues, "The band is devastated, but in order to give their fans the shows they deserve, they need to take this break. Unfortunately, the US dates cannot be rescheduled due to the band's international tour schedule."

The rep tells us tickets will be refunded -- and the band will resume touring in Canada on September 28th.
tmz

Translation: Caleb is off to rehab for his excessive drinking

01-08-2011
V.I.P.

Oh dear well it's sad but im not surprised. Hope they can sort things out.

01-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
How long until Lily gets the blame? LOL
Haha, I don't like her but can't imagine anyone blaming her for this. However, I'm not surprised that he fell apart after the wedding. Caleb has never seemed to deal well with being a responsible grownup and the things that come along with that.

If I was going to be in the states I would have gone in September, still glad they are taking this time though. I hope he gets the help he needs and they work out the issues they have as a family and then as a band.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
They better stick together until November 5th. I'm seeing them play on the 4th.
you poor thing

02-08-2011
rising star

To those calling them 'overrated', you should go listen to their first 3 albums. They did exist before 'Sex on Fire' came along you know.

02-08-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
To those calling them 'overrated', you should go listen to their first 3 albums. They did exist before 'Sex on Fire' came along you know.
True. Kings of Leon were absolutely brilliant. In my opinion Holy Roller Novocaine is probably the best song created in the last 10 years.

Pity that they became fascinated with celebrity life, the band at the moment is awful. There is no other word for it.

02-08-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I don't think that they're awful, I think they changed a lot about their sound to fill the stadium arenas that they started playing - which was not necessarily a bad thing. I honestly think it was an organic progression to their new sound, but maybe they need to take some time out and get back to their roots for a while? Non stop touring would drive anyone batty.

fashion elite

overrated or not but aren't they are just humans, after all?

and Kings of Leon isn't just Sex on Fire and Use Somebody, seriously. fun fact, i remember hearing/reading it somewhere, that they didn't want to include them on 'Only By The Night', but their music label forced them to do so. i wonder sometimes where they would be without those songs...

i love KOL, but indeed, their music isn't as great as it used to be and my little own theory is: the shorter hair they have, the worse music they make...

02-08-2011
scenester

I agree. Only By The Night changed so much of their life and people started saying they are sell out, overrated, etc. I think they are all tired and sick of so many things. I hope they will sort out the problems and come back. Maybe his breakdown was opportunity to face issues.

02-08-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
im not discriminating against their recent output. its all mediocre.

02-08-2011
scenester

^ Totally agree.

I just wish they had taken this break a lot sooner, before the beginning of the summer. Then I wouldn't have had to put up with a them headlining every goddamn festival in europe.:p

They're so boring live.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Too much ego going on methinks. Caleb has always come across to me as being an *******.

03-08-2011
fashion elite

Lets hope this doesn't affect C&L marriage.

03-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Just two days after getting sick and bailing on a concert in Dallas -- "Kings of Leon" singer Caleb Followill took to the streets of New York for some fresh air, telling TMZ, "I'm just trying to get better".

And with a nearly two-month break before their next show -- thanks to a newly revised tour schedule -- Caleb should have plenty of time to make a full recovery.
tmz.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
band, cancel, deep, gig, hints, jared, kings, leon, member, problems