How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

Not a fan of this band but feel sorry for the fans who won't get to see them after buying tickets.

Take your money and find an Arcade Fire show, they are AMAZING live.

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

^
yes arcade fire is amazing live band!!!

Rebaptising my badness

^And, as far as I know, they don't have any drinking problems (I know it's mean but I had to say it). They also do not take any internal problems they might have to stage or, even worse, to Twitter.

V.I.P.

i guess this is what happens when huge, inflated egos clash. seriously tho, listened to their old stuff few years ago, didn't like it then, didn't like it now, but they've been a constant talk and pushed for for the last 2 years, they've gone very stereotypical "rocker" paths (word rocker used very loosely here.obv.) when it comes to their behavior (badmouthing and bad habits) and going very A-lister-ish with all the pap stuff, huge arenas etc. they're just one among these "huge" acts made out of the music companies that they labelled as "next U2", nothing weird...coldplay is another one, tho they keep their crap really tight and have been doing for years despite similar issues they had (or should i say certain members). this is just what happens when you break out and company wants to milk it the best they can. add big egos from the beginning and this is what happens. nothing weird, IMO.

AF should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as KOL. if anything, they're 3 times bigger band on stage and manage to finish each of their concerts without fighting or bit*hing on twitter, so..there's that. also, one of the best live acts out there.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 04-08-2011 at 11:56 AM.
04-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova View Post
^And, as far as I know, they don't have any drinking problems (I know it's mean but I had to say it). They also do not take any internal problems they might have to stage or, even worse, to Twitter.
well, it seems like they are allways drinking alcohol
and talking about it.
i think it might have something to do wit alcohol...
anyway, good luck for them!

front row

Alcoholism is a sickness and has nothing to do with ego. I don't see a problem with Jared commenting about it on twitter. They've always been pretty upfront with their issues and I think it is kinder to fans to be honest than to stick to PR lines. Yeah, they've said some douchey things in the press, whatever. Even if I wasn't a fan that wouldn't mean I'd wish any ill on the band members.

I hope Caleb is really taking this time to work on his issues and not just dining out in NY.

scenester

^ agreed!

I feel like it's sorta weird that he was out like nothing's wrong............ you know?

05-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidda View Post
Alcoholism is a sickness and has nothing to do with ego. I don't see a problem with Jared commenting about it on twitter. They've always been pretty upfront with their issues and I think it is kinder to fans to be honest than to stick to PR lines. Yeah, they've said some douchey things in the press, whatever. Even if I wasn't a fan that wouldn't mean I'd wish any ill on the band members.

I hope Caleb is really taking this time to work on his issues and not just dining out in NY.
Judging by those same tweets from Jared i got an idea that alcoholism is just one of their problems, never said his alcoholism comes from his ego, but the fact that these seem to live very stereotypicaly rocker-ish might have something to do. Also, i dont think anyone's wishing them harm,but just observing the whole KoL phenomenom and how the mighty might've fallen before anyone thought they would..

Last edited by dajrekshn; 05-08-2011 at 06:12 PM.
06-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
To those calling them 'overrated', you should go listen to their first 3 albums. They did exist before 'Sex on Fire' came along you know.
I know right. All the people calling them overrated are the ones who were chanting Use Somebody and Sex on Fire everywhere before the radio played those songs to death.

I started thinking they had problems when they were at Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands this summer. They arrived in seperate cars and at the end of the show, they went on to take the applause from the crowd alone and one by one. They seemed rather distant.
Aswell as that Caleb always seemed to be the ''unstable'' one, if you will.
They never really got a stable childhood, did they? Travelling with their father from church to church. Divorce of the parents and then became a travelling (young!) band (Jared was not even 16 when they really began) and trying out all sorts of addictive stuff. (which, alcohol is amongst it)

I can't believe people are saying that his problems come from a big ego. Alcoholism comes from more than just having an ego. In most cases, addiction comes from other underlying, much bigger problems.

Last edited by Empress Merel; 06-08-2011 at 10:53 AM.
06-08-2011
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I know right. All the people calling them overrated are the ones who were chanting Use Somebody and Sex on Fire everywhere before the radio played those songs to death.
Actually no.

06-08-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
Actually no.
^^^^

07-08-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

ryan murphy has to feel vindicated by all of this turmoil.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
band, cancel, deep, gig, hints, jared, kings, leon, member, problems