How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-04-2008
trendsetter

I always got the impression that Kirsten hated her childhood. Or at least her mother for putting her in showbiz so early on. Hate is a strong word, maybe resented her mother.

Last edited by Working Girl; 04-04-2008 at 08:10 AM.

04-04-2008
V.I.P.

Really? From where? I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I just haven't heard her talk much about it.

04-04-2008
Deep Red Bells

She is always saying how she was the main breadwinner for her family from a young age and it put alot of stress on her.
She talked about it in her most recent Allure interview IIRC and I know she had mentioned it before too.
She has said it just didn't feel normal for a child to be supportting her family and not the parents.

04-04-2008
V.I.P.

yeah I've heard that she struggled with her childhood a lot...but not until she hit her 20's...I mean she is one of the most respected young actresses around. But she does seem to have some turmoil in her life, she talked about it on The View one time, how a child shouldn't have to get attention/love by acting like she did, it should just be a natural reaction for the parents, so that speaks volumes.

It's very interesting about the Crazy/Beautiful commentary, wow...she was a late bloomer to different things but it seems like she got depressed and it led her down the wrong path.

06-04-2008
V.I.P.

Damn, I totally missed all that. I can definitely see why she'd be ticked off at her parents. I always thought she did it because she liked it.

06-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
she talked about it on The View one time, how a child shouldn't have to get attention/love by acting like she did, it should just be a natural reaction for the parents
Yes, I have heard her say just that in many interviews too...

Quote:
she got depressed and it led her down the wrong path.
I agree with that... the partying was just more and more of an escape then anything else. I never saw Kirsten as a big party girl before. It's really more recently that she started getting into that sort of lifestyle. (and subsequently, after her break up with Jake, which I think might have had something to do with her depression... I don't think her depression necessarily started after the break up, though that probably made it worst.)

I agree with everyone who says moving doesn't solve problems. Sure, being away from the bigger party scenes of a big city definitely gets you further from the temptation for the time being, but that's not fixing the real problem.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Anne View Post
Yes, I have heard her say just that in many
I agree with everyone who says moving doesn't solve problems. Sure, being away from the bigger party scenes of a big city definitely gets you further from the temptation for the time being, but that's not fixing the real problem.
Plus, if she's really got a problem and doesn't fix it she'll find the wrong crowd wherever she goes. Drugs & Booze are everywhere in this day & age.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dunst, kirsten, rehab