Kristen Stewart Cheated on Robert Pattinson #1 - Page 40 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-08-2012
holy####ery

Really now, did anyone actually think Kristen Stewart would still want to do Snow White after this whether or not the studio wanted her to do it? Just imagine the bad press and nasty questions she and the project would get. The fact that Stewart isn't going to do a second Snow White should not come as a surprise to anyone, so all they're trying to do now is spin this in her favor a little by playing her as the poor girl who got the short end of the stick. The fact that Stewart is female does not make everything bad that happens to her sexism. Are females really such a sensitive sex these days? To me, that's the real sexism at play here. If Stewart were an outrageously famous male celebrity who got caught in a cheating scandal with his no name nobody female director, Stewart would still be the one more likely to drop the project because a) Stewart is vastly more famous and b) Stewart would be the one featured in the commercials/trailers/etc.

Last edited by #umero; 15-08-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: grammar

15-08-2012
backstage pass

Jodie Foster Blasts Kristen Stewart–Robert Pattinson Break-Up Spectacle

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...spectacle.html

15-08-2012
V.I.P.

I adore Jodie Foster so much right now.
thank you for posting that

15-08-2012
backstage pass

same here, read all of it and I thought it was just great and accurate

15-08-2012
-

While I respect Jodie Foster and her ability to keep herself separated from all the Hollywood crap that comes with stardom, I think hers is a fairly misguided effort to defend Kristen Stewart. Growing up under the spotlight doesn't entitle anyone to help wreck a family and still keep her privacy intact in the process. Where does Liberty Ross and her kids stand in all of this mess? I know that many people would say that "22 is too young, she's still a kid, kids makes mistakes, blah blah blah" and I've certainly made a few mistakes of my own when I was her age but cheating with a married man and being photographed while doing so was definitely not one of them. Being 22 doesn't give anyone the right to make such poor judgment, especially in the public eye. I like to believe we all know better than this when we're in our twenties, and even more so if you like to proclaim a certain superiority for not playing the fame game like other kids do. For someone who seemed so intent on proving how mature and committed to her craft she was, Kristen Stewart just showed the world she's no different than any other immature, entitled 20-something.

Having said that, it's sickening to see how this Rupert guy isn't getting a fraction of the hatred that's being aimed at Kristen Stewart. Goes to show how women still have a long way to go in this sexist society of ours.

Last edited by Nemova; 15-08-2012 at 09:37 PM.

15-08-2012
fashion elite

^i think most of it has to do with kristen's reputation before all of this happens. the fact that she's a woman and the bigger star of the two has a lot to do with it but she isn't very well liked outside of the twilight community. she comes across as spoiled and unprofessional.

i think they are both equally to blame and i agree with you on how it's stupid to back her up with excuses like her age.

15-08-2012
holy####ery

Age is absolutely no excuse, she is 22 not 12. It is unfortunate that this is going on for so long in the media but frankly Stewart's behavior is disgusting. Her reps officially confirmed on two occasions that it was not a one time thing and that it lasted for weeks. The woman had a long time to reconsider her actions and she chose to disregard those opportunities each time.

16-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova View Post
While I respect Jodie Foster and her ability to keep herself separated from all the Hollywood crap that comes with stardom, I think hers is a fairly misguided effort to defend Kristen Stewart. Growing up under the spotlight doesn't entitle anyone to help wreck a family and still keep her privacy intact in the process. Where does Liberty Ross and her kids stand in all of this mess? I know that many people would say that "22 is too young, she's still a kid, kids makes mistakes, blah blah blah" and I've certainly made a few mistakes of my own when I was her age but cheating with a married man and being photographed while doing so was definitely not one of them. Being 22 doesn't give anyone the right to make such poor judgment, especially in the public eye. I like to believe we all know better than this when we're in our twenties, and even more so if you like to proclaim a certain superiority for not playing the fame game like other kids do. For someone who seemed so intent on proving how mature and committed to her craft she was, Kristen Stewart just showed the world she's no different than any other immature, entitled 20-something.

Having said that, it's sickening to see how this Rupert guy isn't getting a fraction of the hatred that's being aimed at Kristen Stewart. Goes to show how women still have a long way to go in this sexist society of ours.
Nicely said - I agree with you on all points: not letting someone off the hook for being "just 22"; yet, not overlooking the wife/children and the effect of this scandal on them; and, finally, the double standard evident in how Rupert is being treated compared to Kristen - clear proof of the sexism and double standards that still exist in our society.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

16-08-2012
front row

The reason that KS is getting bashed (from a public point of view) more is because we know who she is (and her personality happens to be loathsome, so people are happy to bash). Believe me, if she came across as a nice person before all of this, she would not be getting it this bad.

This Sanders guy was not known before this (and I bet he is loving some of this attention) so no one really cares about him, though I'm sure most would agree that he is a douche for doing that to his wife and kids. It seems Ross is going to stick with him based on some articles and this just feeds into the whole thing of blaming 'the other woman'. Kids or no kids, she should dump his ***, he totally disrespected her and should pay the ultimate price. Women should stop putting up with this kind of treatment, or else men will just carry on.

And 22 is really quite old enough to know better, so this excuse for KS is lame.

I don't deny the hold of patriarchal values on Western societies, still to this day.

I think KS will be fine in the long run though. She's young, she's pretty (arguably) and people of her type usually come out of these scandals more popular and successful (everyone loves a bad girl!)

Last edited by sojou; 16-08-2012 at 01:14 AM.

16-08-2012
-

^I've read a couple of articles stating that Liberty Ross has hired a divorce attorney, so there's still hope she'll kick the douche to the curb.
Posted via Mobile Device

16-08-2012
V.I.P.

i can't really add anything other than thati completely agree with #umero and Nevoma (apart from why Kristen is getting bashed more severely - sojou and fashionmuse took the words out of my mouth)

i still can't believe they're blaming her age. yeah, everybody makes mistakes and i certainly wasn't an angel when i was in my early twenties (as most of us i'm sure), but cheating shows that you have zero respect for other people (your own partner and the other person's). the problem here is a lack of ethical values, not being young and making stupid mistakes.

16-08-2012
V.I.P.

Liberty and Rupert are going to counseling trying to make amends, TMZ reported it and they're reliable so me thinks this scandal made Rupert's career and personal life thrive.
Posted via Mobile Device

16-08-2012
I don't know

Not saying that sexism isn't prevalent in Hollywood, but there's a difference between a director (or someone else behind the scenes) having an affair and an actor/actress having one. Well, besides the obvious difference between their levels of fame.

A director is, majority of times, judged solely on his/her work. How he conducts himself on set and how he leads the production. Having an affair is not going to stop them from getting work unless it affects and halts an ongoing production. They're not celebrities, the general public doesn't care what they do on their spare time. No one is going to promote a movie using his name as a main draw.

An actor/actress however, especially of Stewarts caliber, is judged by how they're perceived by the public. The sole reason she was cast in Snow White was because she's a bigger name. So of course her career is going to be more affected as image is more important to movie stars than they are to directors. If she had enough good will built up from before, people would probably be more sympathetic but she doesn't. Now, I'm strictly talking big studio films that rely on their leading ladies. This will definitely put a damper on her route towards becoming a full fledged, lasting movie star A-lister. Not saying she can't do it, but it's definitely an uphill battle right now especially considering how unforgiving people tend to be towards women.

As for the 'she's young, only 22 etc'.. It's so ridiculous. Agree with everyone here. She's not a baby and 22, especially in Hollywood, is old enough to know exactly what she was doing.

She wasn't young, she was stupid.

Last edited by saann; 16-08-2012 at 06:28 AM.

16-08-2012
clever ain't wise

1. They are probably both gay.

2. This is a PR thing. Promotion. Face it.

16-08-2012
fashion elite

I think the media coverage has become excessive and to a point I do feel sympathy for Kristen and agree with Jodie when she talks about the media. But as many have pointed out if Kristen herself had acted with more grace and humility throughout her career it would not have gotten so excessive as now people are relishing the opportunity to bring her down. Also the fact that her age is being brought in as an excuse is ridiculous. She presented herself as someone who was mature and someone who should've known better so the age excuse is not washing.

If I was Kristen I would get her first public appearance over and done with. I'd call the paps and have it done in a somewhat controlled environment as the longer she waits the worse it will get.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cheated, kristen, pattinson, robert, stewart