How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-08-2012
holy####ery

If we want to be specific, the Vogue blog refers to it as "Liberty Ross Eagle Picture" on the website. But I agree with Alvedansen, I think the more important point is that it is a lone "free bird."

20-08-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
^i don't think there's a deeper meaning in the kind of bird. it's a flying bird and the post it called liberty, i think it's kind of obvious what she's hinting at (as ponytrot said, she's free from her marriage - at least i hope so)
I just figured if it was a vulture it would be a dig at the press...

21-08-2012
V.I.P.

glitterpeacock thanks for posting that link to Liberty's blog; I love the image she chose - it speaks volumes with no words. A clear symbol. The feature where you can go into her closet is stunning too - wow the woman is gorgeous firstly, and what great style. Rupert blew it - big time!

Also thanks to Jennika for posting that argument by Lorella. It was a logical and well wrought response to Jodie Foster's article. I agreed with most of it. She knows how to tango, that Lorella!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

21-08-2012
V.I.P.

is this the ring Rob gave her or is it a different ring?

celebrity-paradise (posted by galahad)

21-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
is this the ring Rob gave her or is it a different ring?
celebrity-paradise (posted by galahad)
yes, it's his ring. Twihard Diehards are citing "Robsten is unbroken" all over tumblr bc she's wearing his ring, his hat and carrying his backpack.

I mean, she had on his ring when she was photographed cheating with Rupert, so........yeah

21-08-2012
V.I.P.

maybe it's a sign to Rupert

Kristen knows what she's doing, you gotta give it to her, she knows how to stir up rumours, Rob didn't comment during his promo tour, and she chooses to wear his clothes/accessories for her first after-scandal outing, nobody can tell me she doesn't like the attention

21-08-2012
fashion insider

Wearing his stuff is probably just a sign that she doesn't want to let him go.

And are that flowers in her hand? Doesn't really look like it but I can't tell. Probably for Robert too. ;D

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.

Last edited by enkeli05; 21-08-2012 at 02:46 AM.

21-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
maybe it's a sign to Rupert

Kristen knows what she's doing, you gotta give it to her, she knows how to stir up rumours, Rob didn't comment during his promo tour, and she chooses to wear his clothes/accessories for her first after-scandal outing, nobody can tell me she doesn't like the attention
Correct, I think she loves attention.

21-08-2012
rising star

He refusing to comment on this whole thing and now her wearing his clothes makes me believe they will be back together before the next twiligt movie. And if that does happen then their relationship was/is stagged!

21-08-2012
holy####ery

Summit, or whatever company is in control of Stewart's and Pattinson's contracts, is run by businessmen and businesswomen who understand that their relationship is both a potential asset and potential liability to the franchise; they're also relationship-wise 40-something, 50-something adults who recognize the often extreme volatility of any young romance. In my mind, there is no conceivable way in which Summit didn't already legally bind Stewart and Pattinson to certain contractual agreements in the event that their relationship went south. I'm sure they didn't expect anything nearly as devastating as this to happen, so Summit is not sure exactly how to proceed, but in any case, I'd be extremely surprised if they aren't legally obliged to play as Summit puppets, to a certain extent, until the movie is released.

In the end, Summit has to be completely beside themselves with anger at Stewart's "indiscretion" - they are going pull out every line in every contract they have to make her take actions to repair the damage.

21-08-2012
fashion elite

Lainey also said today that she found out that Kristen's recent outing was staged and that she is still not confirmed for TIFF. Calling the paps was very smart move imo and now I expect the hoopla to die down.

21-08-2012
V.I.P.

^I expect, if anything for the media speculation to increase!

Kristen's appearance with the careful staging of Rob's ring and hat is clearly designed to send a message or imply to the Twilight community that their blessed couple might still be together.

Calculated PR move, one designed to make press happen. (Summit spinning it into positive press for them/the Twilight franchise)

21-08-2012
fashion elite

That is true. I personally agree with enkeli05 that she just doesn't want to let go but there is no doubt at the same time she's trying to placate the fandom that is incredibly wrapped up in her relationship. I don't blame her to be honest and considering her own fandom may be the only ones she can rely on for the time being, it's a wise move.

21-08-2012
V.I.P.

There is a good chance that they are still together and just don't want anyone to know. I mean considering that they worked hard to hide their relationship, it would work to their advantage for the press to think they've broken up. Cheating is a horrible thing that happens way too often. However, there are couples who try hard to work through it. There will still be trust issues there, but some relationships survive it and become even stronger. So, there's no real way of knowing what's going on between those two. The fact that they're not currently in the same city doesn't prove anything because they seem to spend most of their time apart anyways...hence why so many (including myself) believe or have believed at some point in time that they're relationship is just a PR tool.

Last edited by sobriquet87; 21-08-2012 at 03:27 PM.

21-08-2012
Rebaptising my badness

My bet is that she did it to either a) show the public opinion how she's repenting or b) make it look like "she's not giving up" on making it work with Pattinson. Either way, nice PR move.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cheated, kristen, pattinson, robert, stewart