How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-08-2012
fashion elite

great move wearing rob's stuff and carrying flowers. clearly this was staged, and i don't think rob is an attention seeker. he's always mentioned how much he hates cats and the publicist thing was him being honest. if he added "and actions" at the end of it it would have been a more direct insult to kristen.

21-08-2012
holy####ery

To be honest, I feel everything Stewart does from now until November will be done with PR in mind, so any reading into her actions is just falling into the trap of what we're designed to think. Both Summit and Stewart desperately need positive PR too much to let anything but "good" signals get out.

Stewart didn't need to play by PR rules before the scandal, but now, when the public essentially sees her as the laughing stock of Hollywood, she's going to need all the help she can get if she wants to land roles in the future. Studios counted on her fanbase to sell movies, but even that has dwindled, and everyone outside of her fanbase now has a highly unflattering perception of her; it makes Stewart too much of a loose cannon and wildcard to bet the success of a movie on.

Last edited by #umero; 21-08-2012 at 08:30 PM.

21-08-2012
fashion elite

^ it will be, this is probably the smartest thing her PR has done in all of this. it will please the diehard twilight fans even though the rest of us will see right through it. those fans are already celebrating on tumblr

21-08-2012
holy####ery

Also, it's been killing me, but has there ever been a sex scandal/relationship scandal quite this bad? It seems to me the only way the situation could have been more scandalous is if Sanders and his wife were more famous, or if photographs of them actually doing the deed ever surface. It all makes Brangelina seem extremely tame in comparison.

21-08-2012
holy####ery

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionmuse View Post
^ it will be, this is probably the smartest thing her PR has done in all of this. it will please the diehard twilight fans even though the rest of us will see right through it. those fans are already celebrating on tumblr
Can you imagine what would have happened if Pattinson had come out on the Daily Show declaring he was single? I actually fear that several suicides might have resulted.

21-08-2012
fashion elite

brad and angelina weren't part of a multi millionaire dollar franchise that revolves around them being a couple.
i can seriously see fans going to the extreme if he flat out said he was single. i mean some of them are blaming this all on liberty. they are so delusional it's scary

22-08-2012
fashion insider

If he outright said they were over he would probably get death threats like I heard he did in 09 when he said that they weren't dating so I understand why he wouldn't say anything. The levels of obsession in that fandom are intense and crazy.

I think with Brad and Angelina there was no proof and it just sounded like a great story. And Angelina just absorbed the rumours and came out in a vampy black dress that exuded the sense of not giving a damn.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by pixiedust1603; 22-08-2012 at 08:06 AM.

22-08-2012
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova View Post
My bet is that she did it to either a) show the public opinion how she's repenting or b) make it look like "she's not giving up" on making it work with Pattinson. Either way, nice PR move.
Or that he's forgiven her?

I've said it many times - he would be stupid enough to (I love him, but...).

22-08-2012
holy####ery

For the sake of Pattinson's career, I would hope not. After the whole world has seen photographic evidence of what everyone assumes to be oral sex in the car, how would his image as an actor survive that?

22-08-2012
fashion icon

I find it so interesting how everyone is reacting differently to this event- I've even seen it amongst my friends when this topic has come up in conversation. A few insist that Kristen and Rob's relationship was fake. Other's (like me) think that it was real enough (though it could have originally started with the help of PR people). Even the way people are treating Kristen is interesting. Some are calling Kristen a slut other's aren't, but either way I don't think I've seen a lot of people really supporting her. I think maybe if she had a friendlier personality towards the public it would've been a very different outcome to this situation. People might be more willing to forgive her for transgressions if she had a more pleasant personality when dealing with the press or just in general but since it's rather surly this just makes it worse for her. She's already been labeled "a b**ch" and this affair doesn't improve her image. It'll be interesting to see how her career fares after this. Though I do think that if it had been reversed (and Rob had cheated) he would have an easier time "making a comeback" because of the way the two gender's are often treated by the media.

And although this is a private matter between those involved it is also at once very public because of the added pressure from Twilight fans. I feel like Kristen pretty much got thrown under the bus (whether this is right or wrong I'm not totally sure) by Twilight fans because they aren't pining after Bella, they all want to be with Edward. So of course they are going to take Rob's side. But then again, a lot of Twihards are pretty delusional; Rob and Kristen are NOT Bella and Edward, no matter how much some people seem to think that they are. It seems like the line's between the two have been blurred... from fictional and reality...and it's not a pretty sight to see. So I guess, we should just take this whole thing as reason's why not to date a co-worker, right?

23-08-2012
V.I.P.

^Twihards are a different breed.
If the other guy was a single peer the story would have been different for the general people but the fact that it was a married man with children and her boss makes it a different story. I think I wouldn´t have a problem and wouldn´t think that much less of her if she had cheated with a single guy.

23-08-2012
holy####ery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
^Twihards are a different breed.
If the other guy was a single peer the story would have been different for the general people but the fact that it was a married man with children and her boss makes it a different story. I think I wouldn´t have a problem and wouldn´t think that much less of her if she had cheated with a single guy.
Agreed.

There are at least two aspects of her transgression that make it very, very difficult for people to see past it.

1 - She cheated multiple times in a very calculated manner with a married man and father of two whose wife and children she worked with and befriended, and then drove directly back to her boyfriend of three years, who was waiting in the home he bought for the two of them to share. The situation really can't look much worse than it does.

2 - It made her entire image a mockery, hypocrisy. Ever time she opened her mouth in interviews, it was always the same thing: she drove this whole schtick of being honest and real, of staying true to her standards despite the "fakeness" of Hollywood, and she drove it really hard. It verged on obsession, really - it was all she ever talked about. So now it's like she didn't just betray and insult her boyfriend, she also betrayed and insulted the public.

23-08-2012
tfs star

I always wondered if people could see through her act. Everytime she put her foot in her mouth (which was pretty much everytime she gave an interview), fans and even people who weren't really fans of hers would make excuses for her like she's just misunderstood or awkward or uncomfortable with the attention, etc. She always struck me as an extremely self-conscious, entitled, immature young woman, but never cold and calculating. So color me truly impressed. Not in a good way, of course.

25-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeli05 View Post
Wearing his stuff is probably just a sign that she doesn't want to let him go.

And are that flowers in her hand? Doesn't really look like it but I can't tell. Probably for Robert too. ;D
I agree, I dont think shes ready to let him go, although she did " flirt" purposely with Rupert...

"Too fast to live,too young to die"-Vivien Westwood

31-08-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Kristen Stewart is having a rough summer ... her mom has now filed for divorce ... TMZ has learned.

Jules Stewart filed the divorce petition on August 17 in L.A. County Superior Court. Jules, who married John Stewart 27 years ago, cites irreconcilable differences.

Jules filed the divorce docs herself, without using a lawyer.

As for the date of separation, Jules says she and her hubby have been estranged since June 15, 2010.

Both parents work in film production. Jules is a writer/director. John is a TV producer and stage manager.
someone on ONTD pointed out that her parents filing for divorce now after being separated for quite some time could be a PR stunt on kristen's part to make her seem more vulnerable

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cheated, kristen, pattinson, robert, stewart