How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-09-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Well I think it makes it even worse. Not just your partner cheated on you but also left you for the person we are being cheated on. Would Pattinson take comfort, or would her ex take comfort, if she actually end up with a lover instead of having just fling? I do not think so at all. The humiliation would be complete.
This celebrities always say s*** that comes back to bite them.

Well, mainly I was trying to rationalize his possible train of thought. I know some people who find emotional betrayal worse than physical and vice versa. If she had left Pattinson for Sanders, it may have been heartbreaking, but I think it's far more humiliating in the real life situation where she just wanted to get off with some married guy. That's humilation. It doesn't get any worse than that. At least she would have SOMETHING of an excuse if she wanted to be with another guy.

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

About TIFF: let´s not read too much into it, she always smiles on the red carpet and she always signs autographs and poses with fans. There are also pics where she´s not smiling, same old same old...

I feel like people want to diss her no matter what, I bet that if she was sad looking people would say it´s a PR stunt LOL

Last edited by kokobombon; 07-09-2012 at 10:06 AM.

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
I suppose she was relieved that she didn't get booed and grateful she still has some fans left. She was pretty gracious to them from what I've read. I am so glad she looked good though because this means the pity party and victimisation can now definitely stop.
Posted via Mobile Device
actually, there was some "whore" yelling at her happening at TIFF from one part of the people at the premiere.

Koko - no, if she was dull, people would comment how she's unprofessional cus she's letting her personal life interfere her job obligations.

either way, yeah, her going out with her head up is an okay start and hopefully indeed a removal from the "victim" card.

07-09-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Well, mainly I was trying to rationalize his possible train of thought. I know some people who find emotional betrayal worse than physical and vice versa. If she had left Pattinson for Sanders, it may have been heartbreaking, but I think it's far more humiliating in the real life situation where she just wanted to get off with some married guy. That's humilation. It doesn't get any worse than that. At least she would have SOMETHING of an excuse if she wanted to be with another guy.
I strongly disagree. Look at Jen and Brad, what would have been more humiliating for Jen, a fling with Angelina and then Brad coming back to her with his tail between her legs begging her forgiveness or what actually happened? As a married woman i cannot think of something worse than to be in Jen's situation. Plus i do not see in what way is more humiliating for Pattinson that the guy is married, why should he care, that's a problem of Kristen and Sanders and his wife. He has no connection with Sanders, it could be anyone.
I guess we have to agree to disagree.

07-09-2012
tfs star

We definitely have to agree to disagree, Les_Sucettes. I definitely see where you're coming from and respect your opinion, but for me personally if Stewart--and this is a hypothetical--had fallen in love with someone else, it would give Pattinson the chance to be happy for her; now he's a guy whose girlfriend cheated on him just to get her rocks off. The trust, and if he had any sense, the respect is gone. But once again, I guess it just boils down to what you think is worse to endure: emotional or physical betrayal. Honestly, I think they're equally horrible. I just think the ways in which you digest and can deal with them are different. And I think to physically betray someone is far crueler. That's all.

07-09-2012
fashion icon

^ I agree with you. Brad and Angelina have a family now. It wasn't just a fling. Of course the circumstances of the way they got together were difficult, but it was out of true love and not because they were careless or stupid. Kristen is a moron who didn't have any regard for Liberty and the children. More than anything she should be embarrassed of the fact that she has come off as a terrible person for ruining not only her relationship but also destroying a family.

07-09-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
^ I agree with you. Brad and Angelina have a family now. It wasn't just a fling.
So Jen should have been happy for him and take comfort on that fact that it was not just a fling? Because this is Pattinson's perspective we are talking about..

My God aren't people magnanimous in this forum. To be "happy for her" I would hate my husband with passion for all eternity.

07-09-2012
tfs star

I'm not sure I understand the first part of your post. I don't think anyone is saying Jen should "take comfort" in anything. But at least Brad didn't just sleep with Angelina because he needed to get off and then never tell her about it until the pictures came out. Also, we can't be talking about Pattinson's perspective, because that didn't happen to him.

Once again, I'm 22. Never been married. Never been truly, deeply, passionately in love. But I will say that my opinion as it stands now sees love as something selfless. I'm not saying you are selfish. I'm speaking generally now. You want the other person to be happy. Even short of love, I don't want anybody staying with me out of loyalty. If you want to go, deuces. IMO, I would much rather my significant other leave to be with someone that he is in love with than stay with me, make me miserable, feeling inadequate, always wondering if I could ever truly make him as happy as this other person. And I definitely don't want him screwing somebody else just because he was horny and I was away, even if he did come crawling back to me.

All that said, this argument is moot if not completely irrelevant because the facts are this: Stewart did not have any intention of leaving Pattinson for Sanders. She was hooking up with him and didn't seem to have any intention of telling her boyfriend before the pictures came out. You can't tell me that isn't one of the cruelest things, if not the cruelest thing, you can do to someone you "love." That's the initial point I was making anyway, just trying to highlight it with a hypothetical. That's all.

Last edited by chickadee; 07-09-2012 at 02:29 PM.

07-09-2012
fashion icon

No one ever said be happy for the other person. You're putting words in my mouth. Of course Jen and Rob should be angry because they were wronged, but you cannot compare what happened with Brad and Angelina with the mess that was Kristen Stewart and the director guy. Ruining your marriage because you're in love with someone else and ruining your relationship because you wanted to have a fling with someone else for the hell of it are two different things.

Last edited by ALAUU; 07-09-2012 at 02:24 PM.

07-09-2012
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
So Jen should have been happy for him and take comfort on that fact that it was not just a fling? Because this is Pattinson's perspective we are talking about..

My God aren't people magnanimous in this forum. To be "happy for her" I would hate my husband with passion for all eternity.
Because nothing and no one should ever get in the way of true love. Just look at Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. I'm pretty sure her ex-boyfriend Michael-what's-his-name must have been thrilled that she dumped him to run into the arms of Mr. Prince Charming himself, because it wasn't just a fling, it was love in its most unadulterated from - Kristen wanted to have Robert's babies for Christ's sake!

07-09-2012
I don't know

Please try to keep discussion on personal beliefs to a minimum

07-09-2012
rising star

Quote:

Jen shouldn't be happy for Brad but she should be happy that her husband respected her enough to tell her about his feelings for another woman instead of letting her find out through photographs in US Weekly.

07-09-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
No one ever said be happy for the other person. You're putting words in my mouth. Of course Jen and Rob should be angry because they were wronged, but you cannot compare what happened with Brad and Angelina with the mess that was Kristen Stewart and the director guy. Ruining your marriage because you're in love with someone else and ruining your relationship because you wanted to have a fling with someone else for the hell of it are two different things.
The poster you agreed to, did.

Kristen and Rob break up is child's play compared to Brad and Jen. Jen's public life is still to this day overshadowed by her humiliation. The fact that her husband left her for his lover, and what a lover, became the defining thing in her life. This certainly won't happen to Rob, no matter how many pics they dug up of her cheating. She backtracked and asked for forgiveness, he had the opportunity that Jen never had, of at least dumping her because he was wronged. In terms of his public image, and the types of roles he goes for, it makes all the difference.

07-09-2012
fashion elite

I find it interesting to see the press heralding her as hero for fufilling her work obligations and actually making an effort with her appearance so basically doing what most of her peers usually do. There seems to be such a disconnect between the press' opinion on her and her actions and the general public's. I think there always has been regarding her but it's become more obvious now.

I like Jen and loved her in Friends but she became defined by it because she let it. She's been as savvy as Brad and Angelina with handling this situation and she definitely used it to her benefit. The poor Jen image was in part perpetuated by her just like Angelina manages to cultivate the image that she has now. All three of them have used it to their advantage and that's probably why it has stuck for so long.
Posted via Mobile Device

07-09-2012
tfs star

Exactly, pixiedust.^^^

Quote:
The poster you agreed to, did.
I did, and I wouldn't change the phrasing at all. What's the alternative to not being happy? Being bitter and depressed and self-pitying? That's stupid. I'm not saying Jen or anyone else who has been left for another should just get over it or not be upset, but you can't make someone stay with you. If they love somebody else but stayed with the person they were with, what kind of relationship would that be? Not a satisfying or happy one that's for sure.

Anyway, crap happens. People do crappy things to each other. It's not right, but you can only control your response to it. We just can't see eye to eye on this, so again we'll just have to agree to disagree, Les_Sucettes.

Pixiedust, I cannot believe people are applauding her for...doing her job? The media really does grade her on a serious curve. That's incredible.

Last edited by chickadee; 07-09-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cheated, kristen, pattinson, robert, stewart