How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

who does this benefit? even before there were news about them getting back together, selling of the tickets for BD2 was going over the roof and hitting records compared to all the first four movies so far. these movies sell on they own at this point. even if they wanted to pimp these two even more to get that money, they could've just keep planting the stories all over the place - from radaronline to us weekly etc. without the actual pics.

this does nothing for rob pr wise. it actually only worsens it cus he's perceived as a person "without a backbone" etc (these kind of comments are all over the place, including tfs) and he sure as hell won't be getting any recognition by the male base he needs and is obviously trying to warm up too with two of his next projects (both action flicks to an extend). this is a pretty silly pr move to make for someone claiming to think carefully and strategically about his career (and how to prolong it as much as possible). i doubt his team advised him to do this.

kristen's image is gonna get some help from this by pr, but she's always had a complicated persona in public, so there's that. she'll always have the scarlett a on her back for the scandal.

i have no doubts summit/universal is partying it up, putting even more pressure on them and will continue to plant more stories,but these two..seems he either forgave her or they were in an open relationship. sometimes it's just that easy.

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

the reconciliation might not be PR, but the rest definitely is. why else would we get an official statement, something we never got during the previous three years. they could have kept it quiet and dealt with it privately. and these outings were also pretty obviously staged, just days after pics of him with some other girl at a party surfaced and people were saying "pics or they aren't really back together"

Kristen obviously is the big winner in this situation. when the person she cheated on can forgive her, why shouldn't the public? this is a huge advantage for her pr-team.

and Summit may not need them as a couple for selling tickets, but it looks much better when they can present them as the golden couple. there's still a huge "Robsten" fanbase and they want to see them together. i don't know what summit had planned promotion-wise, but i'm sure their breakup was a huge problem for them (planning interviews, photoshoots, tv-show appearances etc). now everything is back to normal (as surely, nobody will be allowed to mention the scandal)

the only loser in the situation is Rob

17-10-2012
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
I do not believe this relationship is or was PR stunt. People seem to be in awe of PRs, yes they can create spin but they are not genius, arranging for two movie stars to be seen on an apparent date it's not the same as creating a sort of cat and mouse game with the public that would force this two to be in each others company and their friends almost permanently. In the case of this two believing their relationship was a PR stunt would be believing that their PR Team had some sort of massive masterplan, that went against all the rules of PR, they hardly did promotion of Twilight together, to be PR and could predict quite accurately how the tide was turning. How the public would react. I think this is giving their PR team way too much credit.

From day one i believed they would go back together, Pattinson never comes across has this resolute individual, he seems quite laid back, i do not think he has the backbone to muster energy to be very outraged about this. The public was outraged on his behalf. He still likes her, he must have been pressured from all sides, PR team included, and he took her back. Probably exactly as he would do if the eyes of the world were not on him. A mistake in my opinion.
Masterplan? Who says that PR has to be a masterplan? All it is is basically an exaggeration of something trivial - they've turned an at best f-buddy off-and-on relationship into a Goethesque drama for teenagers all over the world to swoon over.

It's so easy.

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
the reconciliation might not be PR, but the rest definitely is. why else would we get an official statement, something we never got during the previous three years. they could have kept it quiet and dealt with it privately. and these outings were also pretty obviously staged, just days after pics of him with some other girl at a party surfaced and people were saying "pics or they aren't really back together"

Kristen obviously is the big winner in this situation. when the person she cheated on can forgive her, why shouldn't the public? this is a huge advantage for her pr-team.

and Summit may not need them as a couple for selling tickets, but it looks much better when they can present them as the golden couple. there's still a huge "Robsten" fanbase and they want to see them together. i don't know what summit had planned promotion-wise, but i'm sure their breakup was a huge problem for them (planning interviews, photoshoots, tv-show appearances etc). now everything is back to normal (as surely, nobody will be allowed to mention the scandal)

the only loser in the situation is Rob
agreed on all points. i was just more talking about the PRness of their reconciliation and how it doesn't change the whole situation upside down. is it positive for kristen and summit? sure. rob? nope.

17-10-2012
fashion insider

Maybe they decided that they should settle differences or at least become friends again, or else red carpets are going to be awkward as hell. There's definitely some PR going on as well. But I don't think we can jump to conclusions like they're pretending to get back together for the movie or that he's an idiot for taking her back.

17-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Masterplan? Who says that PR has to be a masterplan? All it is is basically an exaggeration of something trivial - they've turned an at best f-buddy off-and-on relationship into a Goethesque drama for teenagers all over the world to swoon over.

It's so easy.
In this case clearly they must have, some people wants us to believe that their PR for years have been playing reverse psychology with the public. And they knew exactly how to play the right buttons to create even more spin. And that they are both two dodgy individuals that agreed to it for the duration of the film. Sorry but it it all sounds terribly far fetched.
Is there any reason why this two should not be a couple? Even you see they have to be something, there is no PR in the world that can fake the fact that indeed they are permanently together, why can they be be F-buddies and not in a relationship? They are movie stars but they are still human beings, they will have partners, marry, have children, is there any particular reason why it wouldn't happen with Kristen and Rob?

17-10-2012
front row

They could be trying to reconcile and not go back to a fully committed relationship by having dates together and doing things on their own. Kristen was at an Ellie Goulding concert last night without RP. Its probably a smart thing - no couple could rebound that quickly from a cheating scandal.

17-10-2012
trendsetter

The first video I ever saw of them together on set of Twilight, you could obviously sense some sort of infatuation with one another . They both exhibited that nervous energy and hormones that a lot of the people their age well have. To put it simply I think that their relationship was real, but unfortunately it became tainted due to popularity and obsession. People want to dissect and analyze every detail, but to me the fact remains the same that were at one point genuinely in love, like, or whatever constituted their relationship for the past few years. I wasn't surprised that Rob went back to Kristen ---he's the type of person that wears his emotions on his sleeve. I don't really care to spend to much on the topic because it goes in circles. However, I suppose that I like to think that everything isn't a fraud or calculated, but things happen because well that's life.

18-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
You see that I totally agree. It seems clear that Kristen understood pretty quickly that she would not get out of this scruff without "professional" help, and decided since then to play by PR rules. This last pictures are a good example, it's almost transparent they are PR tactics. I do not even doubt from one moment that Rob must have been pressured to tack her back for the sake of the franchise, but this all very different from saying that their relationship or even reconciliation is a carefully constructed PR sham that has been going on for years and that's what a lot of people seem to believe. To me it sounds terribly far fetched, reality is always much more prosaic.
And i agree, Rob in the long term is the one losing in all of this, a public reconciliation is not in his style and it will not earn him much respect.

18-10-2012
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
In this case clearly they must have, some people wants us to believe that their PR for years have been playing reverse psychology with the public. And they knew exactly how to play the right buttons to create even more spin. And that they are both two dodgy individuals that agreed to it for the duration of the film. Sorry but it it all sounds terribly far fetched.
Is there any reason why this two should not be a couple? Even you see they have to be something, there is no PR in the world that can fake the fact that indeed they are permanently together, why can they be be F-buddies and not in a relationship? They are movie stars but they are still human beings, they will have partners, marry, have children, is there any particular reason why it wouldn't happen with Kristen and Rob?
Yeah. They are starring in a major franchise together. It's likely that they would have a fling but that they of all people would have a serious relationship seems far fetched. But weirder things have happened so perhaps you're right.

I guess I base my suggestion of a PR-mostly relationship upon the fact that they have constantly been abstaining from admitting their relationship while constantly appearing together....thus causing a logical/romantic puzzle that draws people (girls) in. That behaviour is not by chance. Whether it's because they did have a relationship and wanted privacy (a very misguided approach) or if they wanted to exaggerate their relationship - that is still under debate.

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

Rob & Kristen are back on. They're pictured spending some quality Time around her now home in LA, Rob had brought Bear along. They were seen kissing and cuddling.
Posted via Mobile Device

18-10-2012
tfs star

the new PDA pics at her new house are a complete publicity ploy. a week into the reconciliation and we get PDA that has never been seen in 3+ years? just before BD is about to drop.

i always thought that their "we're different, we don't call the paparazzi, we don't play the Hollywood game" was BS but this completely seals it, they're just as obsessed with image as every other actor/actress in Hollywood. edit: well, i knew Kristen wasn't above it, but I semi-believed Rob didn't do blatant photo-ops

Last edited by Caroliiine; 18-10-2012 at 06:13 PM.

18-10-2012
front row

These pics are exclusive of popsugar - the same blog that posted her first pics after coming out of seclusion. Plus it is inside their property - isn't there new paparazzi law against such things in LA? She had to give them the ok to take the pics.

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

i hope she stops pretending that she's above selling her private life, this is getting ridiculous and it's so embarrassingly obvious that she called the papz

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

takes two for a PR op tango...

who would've thought they're so worried for the last movie's success...my my my...

she could've dressed better if she knew she was being photo'd.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cheated, kristen, pattinson, robert, stewart