How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2011
front row

Lauren Conrad Dropped by MTV
Pop Sugar is reporting Lauren's show is no-go

Quote:
Newly 25-year-old Lauren Conrad has spent much of the last few months being trailed by cameras for her next reality project with MTV. Unfortunately, it was confirmed by EW today that the network is not going ahead with the project. MTV's Head of Programming David Janollari commented on the cancellation and said, "We decided not to go ahead with the show. She did do a pilot. There were talks about whether we could somehow manage to put together a special based on that footage but that's also a big question mark based on her interest in that and the finances. We love her! We would love her on our network!" It seems as though they're open to a collaboration in the future, but for now, fans will have to get their LC fix through fashion and books. So, tell us — are you sad Lauren's reality series isn't happening?
http://www.popsugar.com/Lauren-Conra...d-MTV-13668743

I must say I was really looking forward to seeing her on camera style, especially since the show was supposedly fashion related. MTV shall carry on with the likes of Jersey Shore and bad-acted Skins

04-02-2011
fashion icon

yeah. I'm really disappointed. I'm starved for some genuine fashion-related programs that are grounded in reality.

A statement from Lauren

TheHollywoodReporter.com

Quote:
In a statement, she said: "We sold a show to MTV, filmed it and are really proud of the final result. MTV felt the subject matter was too high brow for their audience and offered me the opportunity to change the show by incorporating more of my personal life.

We agreed going into the project that this show would be an aspirational one, focusing on my career and my goals and not my personal relationships. We delivered the show that we sold and are sorry MTV didn't feel their viewers were savvy enough to appreciate it."
It looks like MTV wanted more Hills-style drama and drunken Jersey Shore antics but of course Lauren will not give them something like that. If she had gotten wasted and had a hot tub orgy I'm sure MTV would air the show.

04-02-2011
V.I.P.

boo, i really wanted to see it. maybe it'd be a better fit for the STYLE network?

04-02-2011
front row

^ As sad as I am not not see the show, I'm glad she's sticking to her guns and not letting them center it around her personal life.
I liked that she called it "too high brow" but it's a shame MTV doesn't value "savvy" and style.

04-02-2011
backstage pass

Oh, crap! You mean she shot all of that for nothing? Nothing will air?? Dammit MTV!

04-02-2011
V.I.P.

I'm disappointed too, but good for her for sticking to her decision.

fashion insider

Aw God, really disappointed! Thought we could have Lauren back in our lives on the TV again!

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Cameo View Post
Oh, crap! You mean she shot all of that for nothing? Nothing will air?? Dammit MTV!

I'm sure another network will pick her show up. Her show is not suited for MTV anyways.

04-02-2011
tfs star

Does MTV own the footage that has already been filmed? Will she have to start all over?

05-02-2011
fashion icon

I think the show will find a home with another network. The writer for The Hollywood Reporter hinted on her twitter that the show will be airing somewhere.

Lauren is about to launch her new line Paper crown

from facebook/paper-crown

Quote:
Paper Crown is a collection for those who like to play dress up in a grown up world. Conrad’s designs are a modern take on classic style, with an emphasis on fit and fabric quality to create staples for the contemporary woman’s closet.

The collection is composed of ultra romantic maxis, chic cocktail attire; menswear inspired pieces and tailored basics. The result: an understated elegance that is both effortless and youthful.

The fall collection, debuting in 2011, is inspired by Conrad’s love of fanciful design elements that transcend the boundaries of everyday fashion, while maintaining an aesthetic that is fresh and forward with a feminine charm.

After all, girls just want to have fun… and look lovely while doing it.
Paper Crown's twitter is also up at twitter.com/papercrownluvsU

05-02-2011
tfs star

Boo I was looking forward to seeing Lauren's new show. Hopefully another network will pick it up.

05-02-2011
fashion icon

Im sooo heartbroken, I was looking foward to her show. Hopefully, it will air on another network.

05-02-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Paper Crown is like so high brow y'all!

Kidding. I agree, MTV reality shows are particularly awful these days. However, I also suspect that this show may be a wannabe version of the Rachel Zoe Project, and bit on the boring side to anyone other than hardcore Lauren fans.

05-02-2011
fashion insider

Lauren is really the only Hills cast member who maintained fame, so I'm surprised MTV actually dropped the show!

front row

That sucks. I was not really checking for it persay, but I must say, this leaves me curious as to what was filmed. MTV is such scavengers!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conrad, dropped, lauren, mtv