How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-02-2012
backstage pass

Leo and Lucas hung out with Australia's Next Top Model girls Montana Cox and Simone Holtznagel!
They didn't have sex though LOL
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226272498978

30-03-2012
fashion elite

Watch Erin Heatherton Dodge Questions Over A-List BF Leonardo DiCaprio!

http://www.eonline.com/news/the_awfu...estions/301484

Two questions: Why do they bother asking when they already know and why do the girls bother dodging when we already know?

30-03-2012
V.I.P.

^ Maybe because it is not an exclusive relationship? Or maybe he asked her not to discuss it with the press? Or they have already decided not to pursue it any further? Just thinking out loud...

31-03-2012
trendsetter

The video doesn`t work!

03-04-2012
front row

How does this guy keep dating models? I'm a straight guy, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but I think he's ugly and has always been ugly. He's got a weird square head, an undefined face, and beady eyes. I don't get why he's considered such a heartthrob.

04-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
How does this guy keep dating models?

He's very famous and very rich. :p

He's past his prime, but back in the day, he wasn't that bad on the eyes either.

04-04-2012
tfs star

Im straight too, but I think I have an idea of why he is attractive to models and young girls, you have to see how women pick who they like. And this is my theory (if any girl likes to correct me please do).
-First of all he has this act that he likes to think he is very intense and artistic actor that really chooses films based on the script and the director and all that (me personally I usually don't like his movies) and I think he really sees himself as the next Robert DeNiro (no way) so girls fall for that.
-Second he is an environmentalist he has a environmentally friendly apartment, I think he only drives hybrids and ask for this special acomodations in movie sets, now maybe not all but a great majority of girls like that, I think.
-Third, he is filthy rich, I really can't recall how much he demands for a movie but I guess is around 20 to 23 mill (somebody with the right number?) and
-Fourth he gives exposure to girls, via paparazzi pics mostly and akward interviews.

I don't think he is particulary good looking (ala Brad Pitt or you name it), he is in bad shape, never shaves and is always with a cap on his head but I don't think he is bad looking either (hey, if Mickey Rourke got some kisses with Eugenia Volodina, Dicaprio is bound to have some "model love" ). Now Im going to be a bit cynical here but the 4th is the one I think it's the biggest reason because If you look at Gisele Bunchen she was huge before Leo, but when she and him appeared at the Oscars she became a household name for Hollywood and people that used to know her face but didn't know her name, now they could put a name to the face and body, Bar Rafaeli I don't think as beautiful that she is, that she could've been on SI and all of this lingerie stuff if she wasn't know for being Dicaprio's gf. And well Erin Heatherton (I really don't follow many VS girls), but I think she is doing considerably more interviews then before.

04-04-2012
fashion icon

I don't think anyone will know for sure why women are so attracted to him because no one knows much about him personality-wise. He isn't very exposed and keeps a very low profile. He doesn't even do many interviews to promote his movies. There are other actors like Ryan Gosling for instance who you can tell so much about from the interviews he gives, but with Leo there isn't much to go on. No one knows if he's funny or charming or whatever. I think the fact that he dates such young women means that the girls he dates don't know much and are very impressionable. He doesn't strike me as someone that wants a woman he can really have thought-provoking conversations with. Bar always seemed incredibly superficial and some of the things she tweets seem to confirm that. Even Gisele who I think is very smart was just 20 when they got together. She could barely speak English properly. She probably nodded throughout their first date. He wants a young woman because it's those women who are really impressed by him as opposed to a more respectable 30-something year old woman who probably wouldn't want to take his crap.

04-04-2012
front row

I think japoelflaco has hit on it with his fourth reason; dating him gets models exposure from the mainstream media that they wouldn't get otherwise. I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the models he has dated only dated him for that specific purpose and actually didn't even so much as like him. Man, these Hollywood people make no sense.

07-04-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
I think japoelflaco has hit on it with his fourth reason; dating him gets models exposure from the mainstream media that they wouldn't get otherwise. I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the models he has dated only dated him for that specific purpose and actually didn't even so much as like him. Man, these Hollywood people make no sense.
I don't think most women (even most models) are that cynical. Perhaps I'm wrong. But I do know that many women would have no problem falling in love with a braying jackass. If I had to come up with a reason, I'd say Titanic is still serving him well after all these years. It may be a problem when 20 yos are too young to remember it coming out

07-04-2012
V.I.P.

Since when are models discriminating about who they date? And yeah the armchair psychologist and judge can peg Leo as a guy with issues, but I'm not going getting it twisted, he is considered one of the most eligible celebrity bachelors. If Leo and Erin split and a casting was held for his next squeeze with the qualifications being only Vogue and VS level models 30 and under need apply, there will be a room full of women (and girls) very eager to go out with him.

07-04-2012
V.I.P.

I don't really understand the bashing for his looks. Sure he's not as gorgeous as his 90's days but he's still very good looking and a tremendously good actor.

07-04-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I don't think most women (even most models) are that cynical. Perhaps I'm wrong. But I do know that many women would have no problem falling in love with a braying jackass. If I had to come up with a reason, I'd say Titanic is still serving him well after all these years. It may be a problem when 20 yos are too young to remember it coming out
Well the Titanic (in 3-D) is out in movie theaters right now so the 20 something and the teen models can see the movie that catapulted Leo to super stardom.
Posted via Mobile Device

07-04-2012
V.I.P.

Cmon , Leo DiCaprio , back in his prime was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. Just my opinion He's very handsome in a rugged kind of way.

07-04-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
Well the Titanic (in 3-D) is out in movie theaters right now so the 20 something and the teen models can see the movie that catapulted Leo to super stardom.
Posted via Mobile Device
Fantastic!! That just bought him another 15 years of dating 20 yos.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dicaprio, leonardo, relationship, thread