How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-04-2012
V.I.P.

Maybe he is like Clooney and Cameron Diaz- happy to be single and happy to have lots of hot young women in his life! I don't think there is any rule that you 'have to' settle down to a monogamous relationship and give up the bachelor life at some point if you are happy as you are...

08-04-2012
backstage pass

^Very true Also perhaps someday he will get married and settle, but he seems content where hes at, and theres nothing wrong with that

Found this twitpic of leo and erin at the Final 4 basketball game a week or two ago in New Orleans..

erinheathertonangelwings

09-04-2012
V.I.P.

He and Erin seem like a good couple. I love her dog Eddie!!

13-04-2012
fashion elite

I think after he has been through as many models as he has you'd think any model who would date him now would be pretty ignorant look at his track record. I don't care how famous it would make me I wouldn't date him for fame he'd be the last I'd pick. He seems like such a slime ball.

13-04-2012
V.I.P.

I agree with Lainey on him, I don't think Leo truly likes the company of women for anything more than physical needs. He has that Clooney vibe of respecting/preferring the company of men more.

It reminds me of a line Samantha said on SATC: "Men are for f*cking, women are for friendships." In Leo's case, you just reverse the genders.

23-04-2012
windowshopping

On Just Jared someone commented that Erin is pregnant and it's going too be announced soon. Do you think it's true?

Last edited by missltothac; 23-04-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: picture

24-04-2012
front row

I find that very hard to believe.

Leo never seemed like a guy who wants to have children in the nearer future and especially not with someone he's with for such a short time.

Erin doesn't seem like someone who can't wait to get pregnant either:

Coming off the back of a number of Victoria’s Secret model pregnancies and the announcement Adriana Lima is expecting, Erin admits she is worried she’ll be the last one standing on the catwalk.

"Is it in the water? Because I need to buy my own water. I don’t know what is going on... They’re dropping like flies. Who am I going to hang out with now? It’s scary,” she said before adding she was looking forward to being a babysitter for her friends."

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/erin-he...010000781.html

Possibly it's just someone who heard Erin talking about the other Angels being pregnant and comletely missunderstood.

Or maybe it's someone who just likes the attention a comment like that is gonna bring.

Last edited by MsMornings; 24-04-2012 at 02:24 AM.

27-04-2012
Power to the 99%

^ All that may be true, but it does happen, regardless of what he may want or whether she can or can't wait. And then you have to make a decision ...

28-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
I agree with Lainey on him, I don't think Leo truly likes the company of women for anything more than physical needs. He has that Clooney vibe of respecting/preferring the company of men more.

It reminds me of a line Samantha said on SATC: "Men are for f*cking, women are for friendships." In Leo's case, you just reverse the genders.
Agree.

It's sad, though, when people are unable to find partners who're intellectually arresting as well. There are extraordinarily intelligent, articulate and intellectually engaging women, but then again Leo isn't going to find them at a Victoria's Secret party ready to drop their knickers the moment he claps eyes on them.

Personally, though, I think it's a lazy thing to do - be with a partner who only satisfies your physical needs and depending on friends to fulfil your other needs. It's so much more gratifying to be in a relationship which is holistic. I think if people are attracted to each other on a more deeper level, they can always find ways to sort out the physical aspect of their relationship. I mean, I think it's a whole lot easier to be in a relationship with someone you're intellectually attracted to, someone whose personality you dig, someone who you really get along with, even if they're not exactly your physical type (tad too thin, tad too bulky, tad too short, tad too tall, wrong hair colour etc), but the opposite seems undoable to me in the long term. I can't imagine myself in a long term relationship with someone whom I don't really respect or admire in any way but only consider a f*ckbuddy.

Last edited by pavonine; 28-04-2012 at 12:33 AM.

28-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
It's sad, though, when people are unable to find partners who're intellectually arresting as well. There are extraordinarily intelligent, articulate and intellectually engaging women, but then again Leo isn't going to find them at a Victoria's Secret party ready to drop their knickers the moment he claps eyes on them.
I don't know why you would think that since if you identify models who have been able to transition from being mannequins to entrepreneurs or moguls / brands, many of them have ties to VS. How many twenty-something year old women do you know have million dollar campaigns resting on their shoulders, not once but numerous times throughout the year? Leo has a thing for young women and there is something off about that, but of the ones that I am aware of - Gisele, Bar, Blake and Erin, none of them were dumb or lacking in substance.

Last edited by agee; 28-04-2012 at 07:06 AM.

28-04-2012
fashion icon

I have this idea that models go out with him knowing that he's a douchebag because it's like getting a ticket to visit the Willy Wonka factory They probably feel so lucky that they're chosen to be Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend that they quickly forget they're just one of many.

28-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
I don't know why you would think that since if you identify models who have been able to transition from being mannequins to entrepreneurs or moguls / brands, many of them have ties to VS. How many twenty-something year old women do you know have million dollar campaigns resting on their shoulders, not once but numerous times throughout the year? Leo has a thing for young women and there is something off about that, but of the ones that I am aware of - Gisele, Bar, Blake and Erin, none of them were dumb or lacking in substance.
Sorry, but to be a Victoria's Secret angel, you only ever need to be born with the right body and the right looks. And with all due respect, Gisele never really came across as particularly intelligent to me. She was, I guess, fortunate for having the look which suited both high fashion and was commercially viable, and had a great manager/business advisor and last but not the least, she just got incredibly, incredibly lucky.

And honestly, we live in a world where the like of Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton make money selling their stupidity and a far, far richer than a lot of 20 and 30 something women who work ten times harder in more challenging jobs for ten times less. So being monetarily successful is no indicator of being intelligent.

28-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavonine View Post
Sorry, but to be a Victoria's Secret angel, you only ever need to be born with the right body and the right looks.
If that is how you want to look at it, that is all that is needed to be a MODEL. The VSFS is one of the most competitive and selective bookings in modeling, and becoming an Angel is significantly more selective than that.

Quote:
And honestly, we live in a world where the like of Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton make money selling their stupidity and a far, far richer than a lot of 20 and 30 something women who work ten times harder in more challenging jobs for ten times less. So being monetarily successful is no indicator of being intelligent.
Hmmm maybe, but does that mean that Leo should only be respected if he dates women with advanced degrees, whose IQs approach Mensa levels and do extensive charity or advocacy work? Leonardo DiCaprio has been working since he was quite young and AFAIK is not college educated. In general he is not seen as dim-witted and the same is true about most of the women he's had relationships with, provided that one chooses to look beyond the surface and not apply stereotypes that have no basis in reality.

30-04-2012
clever ain't wise

^I see what you mean. But after this VS parade of his I find myself asking if it's for real at all. I mean, it's so cliché.

30-04-2012
Power to the 99%

^ Maybe he considers VS casting his personal editors/curators. Like shopping at Barney's, but for women.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dicaprio, leonardo, relationship, thread