How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
^I see what you mean. But after this VS parade of his I find myself asking if it's for real at all. I mean, it's so cliché.
The VS parade consists of Gisele and Erin, and there's a slew of other models and actresses thrown in. He also has a propensity for dating actresses / co-stars.

Last edited by agee; 30-04-2012 at 08:38 AM.

30-04-2012
V.I.P.

^ Yes, sort of like Saturday night at the Playboy Mansion without the implants... :p

03-05-2012
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
The VS parade consists of Gisele and Erin, and there's a slew of other models and actresses thrown in. He also has a propensity for dating actresses / co-stars.
Ok, VS/SI parade....adding Bar to the list. And Anna J. He dates models of a pretty specific type.

03-05-2012
V.I.P.

^ When Leonardo DiCaprio started dating Blake Lively, I stated something to the effect that Leo gets older but his girlfriends don't. It is obvious that a man with his relationship track record / patterns has a screw or two loose, but 98.9% of people on the planet have a screw or two loose - it is not as if men and women line up around the block to date intelligent, charismatic, sweet but cross-eyed Social Studies teachers.

I am not trying to be a stick in the mud or anything, I could have easily made a joke along the lines of "Leo just got the latest catalog, and is on the phone with Ed Razek placing his own kind of special order," however the point I am making is that VS does not equal air-headed, trollop and if someone is operating under that assumption then they are out-of-touch with reality. I am not saying that there has not been an air-headed trollop or two associated with VS (or SI), but it should also be recognized that these entities have produced entrepreneurs and brands like Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Gisele Bundchen, Kathy Ireland and Elle MacPherson. So yes Leo runs around with young women of a certain physical type, but, in more ways than one, the pool that he is tapping into is not shallow, and from what I know about the VS and SI women that he has dated, those particular ones are not dumb or lacking in substance.

Last edited by agee; 03-05-2012 at 08:09 AM.

03-05-2012
trendsetter

he can date who he likes but im surprised he doesnt go for more inteligent famous women. Its always models.

Rachel Weisz and Daniel craig are well matched - im suprised Leo hasnt got a similar relationship...

03-05-2012
trendsetter

Exactly. Always thought he would that type of relationship too. Rachel and Daniel are both intelligent and so suitable for each other. It's kind of perfect as perfect can be.

07-05-2012
scenester

Leonardo di Caprio is the future George Clooney. He'll never be ready to settle down with someone.

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

^ Then I'm framing a picture of him and including it in my George Clooney Shrine!!

07-05-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionturnip View Post
he can date who he likes but im surprised he doesnt go for more inteligent famous women. Its always models.

Rachel Weisz and Daniel craig are well matched - im suprised Leo hasnt got a similar relationship...
Maybe Daniel Craig is a real man.

07-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Is Leonardo DiCaprio the next...Michael Jackson?!
The grizzly-faced Great Gatsby star and his girlfriend, Erin Heatherton, hit singer Gary Clark Jr.'s showcase last night at the Darby in NYC with his mom, Irmelin.

DiCaprio, 37, and Heatherton, 23, stayed after most of the place cleared out to do some dancing. "When a Michael Jackson song came on, he was tipping his hat like MJ did," an eyewitness tells us, adding that he also did some of Jackson's fancy signature footwork.
"He was also twirling Erin around," the source said. "They were getting down!"
While there was no moonwalking, the two did pack on the love.
eonline.com/news/marc_malkin/leonardo_dicaprios_late-night_michael

07-06-2012
V.I.P.

Erin is pretty intelligent , she was a straight A highschool student and in the beginning when her thread was first started , if you googled her real name , she won 'gold' in several academic competitions.. I'm just saying

07-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionturnip View Post

I will start extolling the virtues of the Daniel Craigs of this world when they start dating and marrying sweet, funny and witty girls like Gabourey Sidibe. By the way (IIRC) Rachel Weisz is a former model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
Erin is pretty intelligent , she was a straight A highschool student and in the beginning when her thread was first started , if you googled her real name , she won 'gold' in several academic competitions.. I'm just saying
That's what I've been trying to say, some models are airheads and others are not, you cannot paint them with a broad brush.

Last edited by agee; 07-06-2012 at 07:44 AM.

07-06-2012
fashion icon

^ I don't doubt that Erin was an intelligent student, but that's not the same as being a well-rounded individual. In my opinion people become wiser and more intelligent as they get older, but Leo dates like, 20-year olds who don't know anything about life yet. It's like he purposefully goes for the naive girls and a part of me thinks it's because those are the only ones who would take his crap.

07-06-2012
V.I.P.

^ As I mentioned before I think that the guy has issues, so what he is doing is not reflective of a completely healthy psyche. I agree with you up to a point - are these girls young... yes, are these girls naive... no, stupid... no, not well-rounded, maybe - maybe not. Erin is in her early twenties, but how many women ten or more years her senior have traveled as extensively as she has? has been an integral part of million dollar campaigns or other work projects of that magnitude? "performs" in an auditorium full of people as well as a vast TV audience? I think that there is something to the notion that a younger woman is more appealing because she is tolerant of more things than an older counterpart, but usually a lot of that is grounded in the older woman having a more commitment oriented mind-set, and that is probably the real barrier that commitment-phobic Leo has to dating women closer to his age, as opposed to him only being able to handle relationships with younger women because they are naive and lacking in substance.

08-06-2012
V.I.P.

Let's talk about another aspect if his dating life...and I don't mean who he's dating

Can someone please explain the mommy complex? Why is his mother always with him on every encounter - especially when he's with his girlfriends!?! I get that he needs his buddies in some sort of entourage that always follows him, but his mother! He's 37 now - unless his mother is his manager or agent she doesn't need to be his travel companion everywhere.

I know we don't get pictures of him every day to know for sure, but of the pictures we do get it seems like his mother is always there....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dicaprio, leonardo, relationship, thread