How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-11-2011
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
(CBS) Call the fashion police or better yet, the actual police.

Marc Jacobs' entire Spring/Summer 2012 collection has reportedly been stolen from a train while it was en route from Paris to London.

The debacle came to light when the design house canceled its press day on Wednesday. According to The Daily Beast, an e-mail was circulated to the press on Wednesday morning, saying "our press day tomorrow in the Marc Jacobs store is cancelled, due to the theft of the spring/summer 2012 collections during its transfer from Paris."

Many are speculating that the thieves could be counterfeiters and the iconic American designer's looks could be showing up as knockoffs on the streets.

Marc Jacob's S/S 2012 46-look collection was shown at Mecedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York on Sept. 15, 2011.

This is not the first time a designer has been the victim of theft.

In 2007, burglars stole Christopher Kane's entire spring/summer 2008 collection, according to Elle UK. In 2009, a $552,000 shipment of Victoria Beckham dresses were stolen on their way to Neiman Marcus department store in New York.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...rtedly-stolen/

17-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
Maybe Carine stole it and gave it to Max Mara lol

V.I.P.

c'mon, you all know they'll have samples done in about a week or less

17-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
Wait so is he going to have to make the entire collection all over again?! Sucks
I guess they were just samples.

18-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
It has been described as a heist, the fashion crime of the season: the announcement, Thursday afternoon, that the Marc Jacobs spring/summer 2012 collection had been stolen on the way from Paris to London, where it was to be paraded in front of the press.

Reports in the British and American news media immediately conjectured that counterfeiters, seeking a head start, might have mounted “a daring raid” as the 46-look collection, which is not yet in stores, zipped between France and Britain by train.

The truth, according to British police, and a person familiar with their investigation, is slightly less “Mission: Impossible.” Scotland Yard confirmed Thursday that it was investigating the theft of “a quantity of clothing, bags and shoes” valued at almost $65,000. The collection was stolen, it said, at 8 a.m. on a sunlit Wednesday morning on Mount Street, in the heart of the upscale Mayfair neighborhood in London, home to a large Marc Jacobs store.

A person familiar with the situation, who did not want to be named discussing a continuing investigation, said late Wednesday that the collection that was stolen was comprised of “duplicate samples, in Europe for press days.”

“The collection as shown in New York is safe, and the red carpets won’t be missing Marc Jacobs this season.”

The person declined to discuss the nature of the robbery, but said no one had been hurt. There was speculation the collection had been lifted from a courier van delivering it to the store.

This is not the first time a large quantity of designer clothing has gone missing. Seventy-five dresses from Victoria Beckham’s spring/summer 2010 collection were taken from a delivery van on its way to Neiman Marcus in New York in 2009. In 2007, the London designer Christopher Kane’s studio was broken into and 23 pieces from that year’s spring/summer collection were stolen.

Keen-eyed fashion detectives should be on the lookout for thieves dressed, according to Suzy Menkes’s description of the collection in The International Herald Tribune, in a manner that gives a “sense of the Deep South, dance hall spirit,” including “see-through cellophane draped as cocktail dresses; or gingham printed on translucent plastic.”
nytimes

19-11-2011
V.I.P.

see? business as usual, the press day might be delayed for a week tops.

21-11-2011
V.I.P.

Marc Jacobs offers a reward for finding their missing SS12 collection

Quote:
Marc Jacobs are offering a mystery reward for anyone with information about spring/summer 2012 samples that went missing last week.

The company took to their Twitter page to appeal for their return: "See any chic truck drivers cruising around Europe dressed in #SS12 collection? Get pic & call 212-343-0222. Reward".

Marc Jacobs, film star?
Dakota Fanning's Oh, Lola! advert for Marc Jacobs is banned
Marc Jacobs to Dior: the deal's off?
The company took to their Twitter page to appeal for their return: "See any chic truck drivers cruising around Europe dressed in #SS12 collection? Get pic & call 212-343-0222. Reward".
Marc Jacobs's spring collection stolen
There's no suggestion of what the reward might be, though fashion enthusiasts might be hopeful that it'll be a piece of what is left of the collection, which the team assured their Twitter followers they still had in their possession, stating: "We appreciate the concern about our stolen #SS12 collection samples! We do still have other samples thankfully. Life goes on."
After much speculation about how the pieces went missing, it was finally confirmed that the items, which were actually duplicates of original samples which remained in New York, were stolen whilst they were in the possession of a courier who was transferring them from Paris to London.
telegraph

V.I.P.

MARC JACOBS HIT BY THEFT OF COLLECTION

Quote:
US fashion designer Marc Jacobs has been forced to cancel his European press day following the theft of his entire spring-summer collection en-route from Paris to London.
“Our press day tomorrow (Friday) in the Marc Jacobs store is cancelled due to the theft of the spring/summer 2012 collections during its transfer from Paris,” an e-mail sent from the fashion house to the media revealed.
London’s Metropolitan police force has confirmed it is investigating the case.
“The theft was reported to police, via telephone, after a quantity of clothing, bags and shoes reported to be worth £40,000, ($63,000, 46,800 euros) were found to be missing earlier in the day,” a police spokeswoman said.
“Officers based in Westminster are investigating.”
The items were stolen from a delivery van outside Jacobs’s store in the exclusive London neighbourhood of Mayfair.
The range, which included drop-waist skirts, cellophane cocktail dresses and translucent and tinsel fabrics, was due to go on show on Friday.
The pieces, which were transported by train from Paris to London, have little street value as they are only samples from next season, raising suspicions that counterfeiters were behind the incident.
The theft deprives British fashion editors of the chance to sample next year’s products, putting the Paris-based firm on the back foot.
It is another blow for Jacobs, who last week had his perfume advertising campaign — featuring 17-year-old Dakota Fanning — banned following accusations that it sexualised children.
LuukMagazine

V.I.P.

Louis Vuitton Bags Stolen From Paris Airport
Quote:
VUITTON HEIST: French police are investigating the theft of several hundred thousand euros’ worth of Louis Vuitton merchandise at the Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport on the outskirts of Paris, a source close to the inquiry said Friday. No further details were available, as the probe was still ongoing, said the source, who requested anonymity in accordance with official policy regarding police investigations in France. Five masked thieves neutralized a security guard and four employees at the airport’s freight terminal overnight, making off with around 10 pallets of merchandise valued at a minimum of 300,000 euros, or $400,760 at current exchange, according to French news agency AFP. Officials at Louis Vuitton declined to comment on the report. Earlier this month, thieves made off with parts of the Marc Jacobs spring sample collection in London.
wwd.com

25-11-2011
V.I.P.

Mods, if it's OK please merge this thread with this one: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f63...on-153953.html , they're about different brands but the same case. Though I'm not sure about the title which will be appropriated for both topics.

25-11-2011
front row

Omg !!!

V.I.P.

seems that the LMVH needs to re-examine their security methods. at this point they seem silly.

V.I.P.

There's a very stylish thief out there.

V.I.P.

^ Indeed...$400,760 bags. OMG! That's all I can say.

Since both of the collections were stolen during transportation, I think it would be ok to name thread as : Marc Jacobs Collection & Louis Vuitton Bags Stolen During Transportation.

25-11-2011
V.I.P.

Somene really must love Marc Jacobs

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, collection, jacobs, louis, marc, stolen, transportation, vuitton