How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

Marc Jacobs Collection & Louis Vuitton Bags Stolen During Transportation
Quote:
Just had news that the Marc Jacobs press preview day has been cancelled due to the collection having been stolen in transit from Paris!
twitter/harpersbazaaruk

Quote:
Apparently the entire Marc Jacobs European Sample collection was stolen while in transport to London for a press day. OMG, some courier's wife is a very happy woman. Hello Ebay. But seriously, anyone who tries to sell those samples right now are going to get the smack down from Marc Jacobs Intl...
facebook/sally lyndley

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

LOL

genius

those people would be dumb to sell those pieces in the next 4 months

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
It's a bun fight for fashion editors wanting to get their hands on samples from the collections to shoot at the best of times (snooty PRs who rebuke your every plead; pieces unavailable as they're being hogged by other publications for weeks on end), but Marc Jacobs has just made it that much harder: his entire spring/summer 2011 collection has been stolen.

"Dear all," the email woefully began. "The Marc Jacobs PR team is sorry to inform you that our press day tomorrow [a refresher of the clothes that were first shown on the catwalk. What, the models' googly-eyed death stares were distracting, alright?] in the Marc Jacobs store is cancelled, due to the theft of the spring/summer 2012 collections during its transfer from Paris." Impressive, considering the collection consisted of 46 looks - hardly an under-the-T-shirt job is it?
Anyway, unless the klepto is 7ft and of size-six proportions, chances are the pieces will end up in a bin bag. Because he/she sure isn't going to be able to flog them without attracting some unwanted attention: these are samples, meaning they haven't gone into distribution yet. If the fool is quaking at the prospect of a face-off with the police, he/she should be on knees praying there isn't a showdown with the editors; angry, they're far scarier than any man of law.
telegraph

16-11-2011
backstage pass

This is crazy! I cant believe that a whole collection like that can disappear into thin air. Someone is going to be in BIG trouble!

fashion insider

This is actually quite funny!
How random.

V.I.P.

i wish this happen to Tom Ford

tfs star

Wait so is he going to have to make the entire collection all over again?! Sucks

16-11-2011
User Friendly

well its horrible i wouldn't wish this on anyone. but better a big behemoth of designer than a fledgling newbie. they have resources to rebound.

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

Hope that we will find out who did it.

User Friendly

Maybe Carine stole it and gave it to Max Mara lol

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

So Mark finally saw the collection in the daylight and decided it'd be less embarrassing if it disappeared than actually having to show it to people.

BTW, didn't this happen to him before? Or was it Zac Posen maybe? I feel like I remember someone's studio being rated a couple years ago like right before the show.

trendsetter

I would die right on the spot. Poor Marc, really.

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
The new Marc Jacobs spring 2012 collection may not get much play in upcoming fashion glossies, because someone stole the whole damn thing. According to the Telegraph, the company sent the following email to editors ahead of a planned UK press day:

“Dear all: The Marc Jacobs PR team is sorry to inform you that our press day tomorrow in the Marc Jacobs store is cancelled, due to the theft of the spring/summer 2012 collections during its transfer from Paris.”

Um, what? How does an entire collection get stolen? There were 46 looks in his show, and somehow they all got swiped. Obviously these were samples meant for press and probably editorial shoots, and we have to assume that the collection is already in production. We can only guess (fear) that the collection was stolen for the purpose of ripping it off, because it’s going to be hard to sell it on the black market without drawing a lot of attention. We’re completely horrified by this fashion heist. Also, still, WTF.
fashionista

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
LOL. This.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post

I wouldn't wish this collection on anyone either . Besides, what you steal these days is Céline, Haider, Rick, that's what's where the hype's at, Marc Jacobs? come on. It's probably all just a PR move to get people talking about his collections again..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, collection, jacobs, louis, marc, stolen, transportation, vuitton