How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-02-2006
backstage pass

she appears to me to be fairly muscly, i know i wouldnt want to cross her in a fight!

by me...lcc

24-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_woman
Mariah?? The fact is, she's NOT curing cancer. She's a sausage that stuffs herself in size 4 dresses. As much money she's made, she always manages to look like a cheap $2 hoe. She sets herself up for all this ridicule. She is living proof that money does not buy class.
Do you think people would actually shut the F up about her weight if she did have the ability to come up with a cure for some disease? I don't think so. Some people just never let it go.

Why should a person have to lose weight in order to wear whatever sized clothes they chose to wear? Do people throw stones at girls with big leg/hips who wear those unforgiving skinny jeans? Admittedly, I think when people are at a certain weight, they shouldn't try to squeeze into small things, but mariah is by no means fat. She obviously doesn't have a problem dressing the way she does. People tend to create those problems for her. That's how I see it, and that's probably the reason why it sounds like she's blaming the designer for making her look bigger. It's just a self defense mechanism. When you're being sh.tted on for being too fat, you're not exactly going to say, "You're exactly right..."

This forum has some really interesting rules. All weight discussions pertaining to how skinny a model is is strictly forbidden, but people are allowed to be comedians at amateur night for women who have a bit of meat on their bones? What's that sh.t all about?

24-02-2006
tfs star

Maybe I'm speaking only for myself, but I dont' have a problem with Mariah's weight..I frankly dont' find her weight to be an issue. It's her disgusting attitude about herself that is disturbing. She thinks its perfectly acceptable, hell even CHARITABLE, to exploit homeless people for her own celebrity. Thats dispicable regardless of weight.

25-02-2006
V.I.P.

I don't see how it's offensive if Mariah wears clothes that are too tight...??? WHO CARES... that's what she likes? What kind of person gets upset by someone's clothing size?

Trust me she will *NEVER* change.

25-02-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_woman
I know, WTF do our priorities have to do with this?? I dont care if she's size a 2---Im 5'5" and weigh 145. But she's out of shape, and has this delusion that she's tiny, because she's always wearing clothes 3 sizes too small and looks like a damn fool. And she does idiotic things, like wear stilettos while walking in the sand.
OMG....LOL
I know what you mean about how she wears stilettos while walking in the sand.!!! LOL

27-02-2006
front row

The woman has no class whatsoever. She's one of those celebs who actually make designer clothes look like cheap knock-offs.

If you are gonna use your body to sell, then you need to get in shape. If she was so confident in her appearance, she would not have allowed the SEVERE photoshopped image to adorn her recent musical offering.

28-02-2006
backstage pass

The funny thing is Mischa barton is about the same height and the exact same weight... yet mischa looks like a stick and mariah could pass on television as a size 10. Funny how the body works.

28-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolie coco
I don't see how it's offensive if Mariah wears clothes that are too tight...??? WHO CARES... that's what she likes? What kind of person gets upset by someone's clothing size?

Trust me she will *NEVER* change.
people who like her don t want her to change. I love her and I wouldn t want her to be any other way. she wouldn t be mariah without those tiny clothes and she said it herself to andre leon taly from vogue on E, she loves wearing the tiniest clothes.

28-02-2006
& b

She looks gross in that dress.

The dress itself is gross.

backstage pass

I think the dress would look gorgeous if it were to fit her a little loosely as opposed to too tightly.

28-02-2006
V.I.P.

the dress wasn t one of chanel s best let s admit that, so it not mariah s fault.

28-02-2006
backstage pass

I don't think the dress is that bad. I mean it's no show stopper but it's classy and elegent and fit for the occasion. I think if the fit of the dress wasn't the issue then it just didnt suit Mariah. Just because you can afford the dress doesnt mean you'll look good in it as well.

Basically, I don't think there is a problem with the dress and I don't think there is a problem with Mariah, I just think there is a problem with the two of them combined.

Last edited by ShesElectric; 28-02-2006 at 05:11 PM.
28-08-2007
fashion insider

well said^, not bad dress and lovely Mariah, but together they are not very well, I'd change her hairstyle for this dress though

28-08-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
LOL are you Mariah? Are you?! Because you just typed something that maybe Mariah would say because she's in denial about her weight gain. Plus it sounds just silly to say something like that. I guess then, Gemma Ward, Doutzen Kroes, Daria Werbowy, etc, etc, must look big on camera too beause they are 5'9" - 6" feet tall......
I can guaranteed that no men would kick her out of bed for any of these stick figure girls. I am not curvy by the way I wish I was because I think curvaceous women are so much more feminine. Mariah is not fat and she can wear sexy stuff and show off her curves. She gained a few pounds since the dress was made and they couldn't get the dress she supposed to wear on time for her to wear.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blames, carey, chanel, dress, mariah, popcorn