How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-05-2008
catch me if you can

perezhilton.com

Quote:
The wedding which has surprised many, turns out might was planned in advance.
Mariah Carey, Nick Carey and their 24 guests arrived via two private jets in the Bahamas on April 29th.
When they departed the planes, everyone came out with drinks in their hands and in a very "party" mode, says an eyewitnesses.
Upon arrival, Mariah and Nick headed to her $5 million home (now his too!) nearby while guests checked in to the hotel. The next day, Mariah and Nick were married at noon on the patio of her mansion overlooking the ocean.
How romantic!
An airport waitress tells Life & Style that "Mariah's assistant arrived on Eleuthera Island, just off the coast of Windermere, on April 27 to start making arrangements. The next day, a commercial jet arrived from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., carrying two huge tanks of live Maine lobsters."
They don't have lobster in the Bahamas????
Also flying in a few days ahead were Mimi's security team and several staff members to get the home ready in time.
Seems the last minute, surprise wedding was pretty well thought-out and planned for.
An insider adds, "Whenever Mariah travels, they set up for her beforehand. And it's no joke. If anything she needs or wants is missing, she'll be upset."
The flowers were also flown in on a private jet with the florist waiting to set up.
As for the cake, Mariah took care of that herself. She flew the cake over with her in her own private jet.
A source adds, "It was on the seat next to her. She wouldn't let anyone come near it or touch it."
Bridezilla!!!!!
We still wonder how long these two will last. They hardly even know each other!

08-05-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jibrielle* View Post
well...thats my wtf of the year, I dont think it will last more than a month
Yeah, I didn't believe it at first but that completely blindsided me. Isn't there a rather large age difference too?

08-05-2008
fashion icon

(people.com)

Okay

V.I.P.

I still can't believe this is true.

09-05-2008
V.I.P.

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Step Out For Time 100

Fri, 09 May 2008. just jared

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon make their first public appearance together as a newly married couple at Time’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” gala at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City on Thursday.
Mariah performed at the event, which celebrated the most influential people on the planet, as selected by the the mag. Afterwards, Mariah and Nick posed alongside songwriter/music producer L.A. Reid, CEO of Time Warner Richard Parsons and editor-at-large for O Magazine Gayle King.
Mariah, 38, and Nick, 27, tied the knot last week in the Bahamas. Ms. Carey will soon make her first TV appearance since marrying rapper Nick Cannon on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The show will tape Monday and air on Tuesday.
When asked by people how it feels to be married, Nick said, “It feels amazing. My cheeks hurt from smiling so hard. I’ve been smiling for days.”
Mariah added: It’s comforting–and something I’ve never felt before. Which is really being in love and happy with someone who really understands me and isn’t trying to do anything but make me happy. It’s wonderful.”

11-05-2008
V.I.P.

i am in shock!

11-05-2008
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveCouture View Post
I couldn't believe this when I read it...Mariah can get any man that she wants and she picks Nick Cannon???
I don't know if she could have any man she wants... but... this is quite the choice, yes.

It's very hard to judge couples from the outside. I always feel a bit bad for it But sometimes it just doesn't seem right.

01-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon parents of twins

NEW YORK (AP) — Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon celebrated their third anniversary with another milestone — becoming parents to a baby girl and boy.

Carey's representative, Cindi Berger, confirmed the births to The Associated Press. The singing superstar gave birth Saturday at 12:07 p.m. EDT at an undisclosed hospital in Los Angeles. Berger says the baby girl was born first, weighing 5 pounds, 3 ounces, and was 18 inches long; her brother was next, at 5 pounds 6 ounces, and was 19 inches.

Berger says the couple has not named the children yet. Cannon drove Carey to the hospital in their Rolls-Royce Phantom. Berger said the 41-year-old Carey, who had gone through false labor, was calm, thinking that it was another false alarm.

Meanwhile, the 30-year-old Cannon was so nervous he went to the wrong department at the hospital, and was guided to the maternity ward by a nurse.

"It was like right out of an 'I Love Lucy' skit," said Berger.

Berger says they were listening to Carey's "We Belong Together" after the children were born.

The couple are expected to renew their wedding vows on Sunday. The pair got married in 2007 after a whirlwind romance. They were the subject of endless baby rumors, and the couple actually were expecting shortly after their marriage, but Carey had a miscarriage; they did not reveal the miscarriage until she announced her pregnancy last fall.

The couple plan to live a bi-coastal life, and have luxurious nurseries in both New York and Los Angeles.

As far as more children, Carey recently declared she's done.
Congrats to them! It seems like she was pregnant forever.

associatedpress

01-05-2011
Looking Up

Mariah The voice of a thousand voices.
Congrats to her.

01-05-2011
V.I.P.

Congratulations to her and Nick! I wonder what they will name them!?!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cannon, carey, elopes, mariah, nick